تفاوت معنی دوکلمه scratch و itch

سلام به همه اساتید محترم.میشه تفاوت معنی دوکلمه scratch و itch و کاربردش روی توضیح بدید.

با تشکر

1 پسندیده

Itch

Itch can be either a noun or a verb. As a noun, it refers to the the feeling of an irritation on the skin that makes you want to scratch. Itch is generally used as an intransitive verb , meaning it doesn’t need an object to make sense. For example, you might say, “My mosquito bites really itch.” Less commonly, itch can also be used transitively , which means it affects a direct object. When used this way, it means to cause an itch . An example of this usage is “My wool sweater really itches my arms.”

Scratch

Scratch can also be used as either a noun or a verb. As a noun, its most common meaning is that of a thin, shallow injury to the skin or to some other surface. For instance, a wooden table can have a scratch. Scratch as a verb is generally transitive. As a verb it generally means to either tend to an itch by rubbing and scraping with your fingernails, or it can mean to cause or create scratches . You can “scratch your head” if you’re puzzled, you can “ scratch your leg” on the thorns of a rose bush, and you can “scratch an itch.”

Confusion Between Itch and Scratch

In casual speech, people often substitute the verb itch for the verb scratch . If you use itch in the place of scratch in a casual conversation, everyone will understand what you mean. Still, you should take care to use the correct word when you’re writing or speaking in a non-casual setting.

4 پسندیده

خیلی ممنون توضیح کامل و واضح بود واقعا ممنون.خیلی خوسحال یه همچین جایی پیدام میشه که بتونیم به صورت حرفه ای درباره زبان راهنمایی بگیرم

2 پسندیده

سلام.
صرف نظر از توضیحات خوب و لطف همیشگی @pari که همیار همیشگی همه ی ما هستن…خدا قوت همیشگی براشون

بهتون پیشنهاد می دم حتما دیکشنری لانگمن (LDOCE 6) رو نصب کنید. هم نسخه اندرویدش هست هم pc

علاوه بر مثال های خوبی که زده، فرمال و اینفرمال بودنش، فرسال هاش و …
نشون می ده که تو اسپیکینگ یا رایتینگ، چقدر کاربرد داره اون واژه .

موفق باشید و پرتلاش

3 پسندیده

خیلی ممنون از راهنماییتون چشم حتما دان میکنم

2 پسندیده