Writing using all English tenses

In this writing I have done my best to write a text consisting of all English tenses. Let’s read it.
My name is Hamid, and I am a government employee. Long before, I started learning English on my own, and never have been in any English-learning institution before now. I do remember the time that I bought my first English book titled ‘Grammer in use’ written by Mr.Morphy. This happened when I was in Urmieh city studying physical education major to get my bachelor 's degree 17 years ago. Since then, I have always been studying English on my own. I am going to keep it up even better in the coming days. I will have it improved for sure if I keep practicing. In the coming days I surely will be studying English, and I hope It will have been much more improved than now by the end of the current year. I didn’t use to listen to audio English files often, but the need for making communication made me listen to the audio files rather than reading a book. I had been reading so many grammar books until I bought the DIGEST GRAMMAR book which helped me so much with my writing. If you think that your English level is high enough to use it, don’t hesitate to buy it.
Lastly, By the end of year, I will have been working on my listening to have it improved.

If there are any errors to be mentioned, please comment them.

Best wishes

9 پسندیده

Hi, thank you to make this topic. :hibiscus:

Here is mine :

I’m setare. I’m 31 years old. I have a master of Mathematics. I started to study English after I’d got graduated. Actually after 18 years being student , now I had lots of free time that I didn’t know how to spend, so I decided to take different classes, the first one was English. I’d been studing English for 2 years befor my daughter was born. Since then I**’ve been listening** to audios and watching English series and movies in order not to tear myself away of learning English.
Speaking fluently is my number one goal, so based on how I’m trying to reach this goal, I think, by this time next year, I’ll have got to my point. It’s my plan to keep my studing chain here in Zabanshenas, so during future months, I**’ll be working** on this app committedly. I didn’t used to study English regularly and on a special schedul, while these days, thanks to this app, to keep going on my chain, I have a real competition with myself and I’m challenging myself. I’m going to treat myself when My chani is 100 .

4 پسندیده

Hello to you, Ms. Setare 12

I read your writing, and the following grammatical errors I found which need correcting:
1. I’d got graduated
2. Actually after 18 years being student , now I had lots of free time that I didn’t know how to spend, so I decided to take different classes.
3. Speaking fluently
4. didn’t used to study

Please to the same for my writing

1 پسندیده

Thank you to read my writing.
Could you please explain more? What’s wrong with 2 or 3 ?!
1- I ‘d got graduated = I had got graduated = I had
gotten graduated
Actually it’s better to say: I’d been graduated.

4- I didn’t use to…

1 پسندیده
  1. “I had graduated” is the most perfect form to speak about a past event occurred before another past action.

2. Actually after 18 years of having been a student, now I have lots of free time that I don’t know how to spend, so I have decided to take different classes.

3. Number 3 is already correct, and I by mistake considered it wrong.

4. Number 4 , you yourself have already corrected it.

2 پسندیده

Actually I preferred to use the adjective (graduated) , I didn’t mean to use this word as a verb!

I am graduated.
I’d been graduated.

I’m talking about my situation at that time, I must use past form .
I think maybe the word ‘now’ made you take it wrong.

2 پسندیده

When you say you had been graduated, this is a passive sentence which means someone else had graduated you which is wrong.

But I am graduated is correct and makes sense.

I am not familiar with I had got graduated structure.

1 پسندیده

The way you have written, doesn’t make sense when someone read it (number 2)

1 پسندیده

Well, I’m not sure, I don’t insist that I’m right, cause I’m not really sure ,while I can’t find any thing wrong with it.

Here I got something : :wink:

Look at the 4th usage of ‘now’ .

I think you’re right, I searched about it and I couldn’t find any source to confirm my sentence. :blush:

2 پسندیده

Actually, after I had been a student for 18 years, I had plenty of time to spend but not knowing how. So, I decided to enroll in English classes as I was so interested in learning English.

1 پسندیده