English Chit-Chat 🧑‍🎓

@boudicca May I simple-mindedly ask you this question personally? Are you happy? I know you chose not to answer this question but it’s very interesting for me. I know a considerable number of people including myself that when they wake up every morning they tell themselves not again. God I woke up AGAIN. But we choose to do the exact same things over and over again in our lives and we expect it to change. So, are you happy? If you are, what is exactly your happiness based on?

3 پسندیده

Let me start with a compliment. :smile: I think you are a very good conversationalist and everyone enjoys talking to you.
I agree with you that we are very complicated and also I imagine the world in my mind in this way. There is the physical world that we exist in, and there is an imaginary world that we create and expand it in our minds. Our culture, emotions, ideas and everything created in this world is imaginary but determines how happy we could be. If you have a strong mind nothing can make you feel miserable but your very own conduct. Not your family’s expectations, not your people’s opinions, not even the society’s rules.
I believe when we achieve our own goals of expectations we feel happy. Expectations just happens in the imaginary world that we create it. Lower your expectation and maybe you will be happier (by you I mean we). I don’t know, this may be it.

2 پسندیده

I had a 15-day journey a month ago and I saw a few different people with different ways of thinking. I saw an old man who was thinking the world is a matrix (like the film). I met a middle-aged man who believed that every little thing in the world has its own mind even a rock. And everything will help you and is in your favour. (By the way, he was walking between towns for a long long way without money and without even a simple backpack; I don’t know if he’s still alive :smile:). Apparently, we create happiness in our minds with our beliefs. I hate this. We are living in a world that everything has an effect on your mind. :sweat_smile: it seems I’m not that strong to create my own mind.

A morning on the road:

3 پسندیده

being a human, you can never live only to your own expectations.

Bitterly enough, that’s true. But I want to think there are people who can truly limit the amount of forceful beliefs injected into their minds to the lowest. Being a person that strong can be my goal (I’m setting the bar very high here :smile:).

It’s always a pleasure talking to you. Have a good week (or two).
:smile:

2 پسندیده

The other day my girlfriend told me she had a dream about our wedding day and you got killed in an accident. I was like, isn’t that a nightmare?! :expressionless: Why do you say it’s a dream?! Should I think of this as a sign?! :neutral_face:

Does anyone know what a backhanded compliment means? :wink:

1 پسندیده

If you enjoy watching feel-good films, I suggest you watch The Straight Story. Not that I have human feelings and enjoy watching films about them. I’m a horrible person but I realised you might like this one.

It’s the story of an old man fallen apart from his brother a long time ago and now that he is old he wants to meet him and make up the relationship. To do this he should travel a long way, and because he doesn’t have a driving licence, he gets on a lawn mower and starts his journey.

1 پسندیده

That’s it! I’m looking for this. :smile: A confrontation. When someone says something that you do not agree with, you must say something. You must confront them. Did you read my “about me” in my profile? I’m looking for hatred, obviously. But it’s not that I want something from them, it’s because I don’t care. I’m sure you know me better than others, but let’s just pretend that I’m not provoking anyone. These are my words. Why didn’t anyone come here to tell me shut up? Insecurity is pathetic. Lack of confidence is a flaw, not a characteristic. Not going to mix with others doesn’t work here in the forums. This is a forum.

And about the tagging, I knew you’re not going to like it, so I’m sorry.
I’m sure you have a lot of work to do. So I don’t want to waste your time. You don’t have to answer everything that I write here. You can just ignore.
I know I write arrant nonsense, but it’s more fun than normal stuff, isn’t it? :smile:

1 پسندیده

“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”

Mark Twain

مخالفت ها لازم نیست علنی باشه دوست خوبم. محیط تالار باید جوری باشه که مخاطب بدون چالش و ناراحتی بتونه فعالیت کنه. ممنون میشم قوانین تالار رو رعایت کنین دوست خوبم :rose::rose:

2 پسندیده

Hello.
In a scale of 0 to 10, how much do you think you care about what other people think of you?
And how much you must care?

Personally I think if you care too much, you would lose your authentic personality and you’ll become a fake human being.
If you care too little, you will be alone and empty.
But currently I give myself a poor 2 out of 10.

@benyamin65 @zaribano and others!
If you guys are interested in having an English conversation, I would be happy to hear about your opinions.

2 پسندیده

Hello bro
I don’t good Writer and l Have very Wrong
But l Decide write
And My Wrongs are not important
(okey it’s important :grin:)
I Start Writing tomorrow

1 پسندیده

Hello mate, I appreciate it.
It doesn’t matter you make mistakes. As long as I can understand you and you can understand me, it works.
You can write about everything that you want.
:tulip:

1 پسندیده

دوستان، پیشنهاد می‌کنم، اگر دوست دارید راحت مطلب بنویسید بدون اینکه خسته بشید، از voice typing استفاده کنید. دیگه نیاز نیست اسپل کلمه رو چک کنید. خیال خودتون رو راحت کنید.

1 پسندیده

Hello there!

If I could only have one hobby for the rest of my life, that would definitely be books. Reading them. Listening to them. Goddamn it, even breathing them in sounds astounding to me. I even caress them, for God’s sake, and weird as it might seem to the rest of the world, I take my pride in that. Occasionally, I miss the characters in my books more than those in the real world. Books, to me, are like drugs for a drug addict. Just like an addict, I cannot go on without my drug.

2 پسندیده

God! I have always wanted to learn how to play the violin. But I couldn’t afford it. It’s a horrible thing, it’s extremely expensive. So I learned how to handle my disappointment.

4 پسندیده

If I had to choose only one thing as my everlasting hobby I would definitely choose sitting in a remote cafe in a remote Island in Thailand sipping my cold beer and having a nice chat with random people. I wouldn’t exchange that feeling with anything in the world.

3 پسندیده

Hello. :tulip:
:expressionless: Breathing in your books might be a close step towards cocaine addiction, a warning for the need of going to a rehab. :grin:
Joking aside, it’s very admiring to see someone having a hobby that they enjoy and care so much about it. And yes, I am jealous of it.

Thank you for chipping in. I hope you keep participating in the topic. It would be my honour.

I hope you don’t mind me asking, if you’re going to recommend a captivating book to someone who cannot sit down for a second to read, which book would it be?

2 پسندیده

Hello.
A vacation-like hobby. It must be nice. I’ve heard Thailand is a very beautiful country, but of course I’ve never been there. And I wouldn’t go for beer, I prefer mojito. :grin:
(Are we a bunch of addicts? I know I’m a film junkie; with book sniffing and beer addiction I guess we are in trouble :smile:)

Anyway, it’s a real honour having you among us. See you around, mate. :tulip:

2 پسندیده

I don’t know about you guys but I’m so sick of this motivational stuff that you see a lot of them online and people sharing them with each other. I can’t say what exactly is about them that I don’t like but the thing is they seem so fake and shallow specially those American ones, actually most of them are American. I don’t like them at all. I just want to know am I the only one who feels like this, what’s your opinion?

2 پسندیده