چالش وبلاگ «Michonne»

Hi dear friends,
Hope you are doing well :blush:
It’s my first time to write hear so I think it’s better to introduce myself first.
My name is “Masoomeh” but my husband calls me “Michonne”, so I chose this name for my username.
I’m originally from Rasht, an amassing and wonderful city. I have a master degree in civil engineering from “Khaje Nasir” university. I’ve lived in Tehran since 14 years ago until we moved hear in Calgary, Canada about 5 months ago :airplane:
It’s about 3 months that I’ve started to study english with Zabanshenas and I found it very inspirational and motivating specially AJ Hoge series.
This week I’ve listened to “leaders make mistakes” lesson from power english serie, then I decided to participate in this challenge. So, I want to make big mistakes and I make no bones about it :wink:

26 پسندیده

Hi Ms. Michonne and welcome to this challenge. We are pleased for having you in this community and I have best wishes for you. :+1:

7 پسندیده

Thank you. I’m very glad of being hear :blush:

2 پسندیده

finally someone from Rasht showed up here :grin:

welcome .

happy to have u and nice to meet you.

hope to see you more here and let us accompany you on this beautiful road of fluency.

see ya :rose::rose:

4 پسندیده

Hello @michonne and Welcome here :blush:

I have some questions for you if you don’t mind :wink:

Both Masoomeh and Michonne are wonderful names. I only heard about Michonne in the walking dead TV series. So at this point, I’m wondering if your husband is also a fan of the walking dead? :thinking: If so, you might as well call him Rick :grin:

What a coincidence. I have a Bachelor degree of mechanical engineering from Khaje Nasir university. When you started your master degree?

Good for you. What are you planning to do there? what about your husband? Is it cold there now? Please share your experiences, probably with pictures, with us. Our community would like to know how does it look like to live abroad :wink:

9 پسندیده

Thank you my townsman :grin:

2 پسندیده

Thenk you,
Your welcome, It seems there is a load of question here :wink:

Yeah, your guess is correct. He likes michonne, but I’m a fan of Daryl :smirk:

Very happy to hear this. I started it in 1388. what about you?

My husband is a PHD student in civil engineering here and I got an open work permit visa to come. now I can change my visa to study permit and start my PHD next semester. but I’m really hesitant to continue in this major. actually my interest is programming and my dream is to get a job in a big company like google :thinking:
I’m going to write more about here if you think this is interesting.

7 پسندیده

Of course it would be interesting.

How civil engineering is related to programming? And do you have any experience in programming so far?

4 پسندیده

Hi dear michonne.It’s my pleasure to see you here.I’m sure your weblog will be so fascinating for us.all friends are enthusiastic about Canada and living there.:blush:

5 پسندیده

In the case of misunderstanding, I meant computer programming or coding. And yeah, you can connect computer science with every other science in the world :wink:
I’ve had not any work or academic experience in this field, but I think I love that and it’s enough to start. actually, immigration can be something like an revolution for you to begin new adventures, met new people, learn a new field …
I did programming with Fortran and Matlab before. Now, I’ve learnt Java and HTML via “Sololearn” and “Codecademy”. I highly recommend these ways to learn a new programming code to everyone who likes to start.

5 پسندیده

Thank you dear Somayeh. I’m going to write more about my Canadian experiences. :maple_leaf:

2 پسندیده

If you are curious about the weather I should say you can’t imagine until you be hear. Before we moved hear I was very scared of living in Canada because of the cold. In fact, we chose between Calgary and Ottawa in Canada and Melbourne in Australia. There are lots of justification for this selection, but you know, the cold was a negative point specially for me. I hated the cold :laughing:
But here I have no problem. Indeed, I like this weather now. here you can see a picture of our front yard that I took an hour ago.

In conclusion, you can’t judge before experience. It’s snowy or even minus 20 or 30 most days in the winter, but it’s more sustainable than Tehran or Rasht cold days that I had before.

14 پسندیده

Hi dear michonne
Thank you very much for your experiences of living in Canada. I really like Canada and love life in Canada. Alberta is very beautiful. Every day I think I’m sitting next to Lake Abraham and taking pictures of the beautiful scenery. In the winter, the Canadian lakes are frozen and I love them

5 پسندیده

hi dear friend,
Have you ever been here?
I attach a picture of Bow river in our neighborhood in winter and 3 months ago to compare.

here is my favorite place for walking.

16 پسندیده

Unfortunately, I have not come to Canada. I see many pictures of Canadian photographers on the Internet everyday.I love the pristine nature and landscapes of Canada

4 پسندیده

Who does not really love such a nature?

14 پسندیده

Hi dear @michonne,
thanks for your attendance in this challenge.
I’m a civil engineer too, geotechnical engineering.I used to go abroad 4 or 5 years ago, but I became mother then that decision was difficult, whether go or not.
thanks for sharing your experiences.
i whish the best for u and your husband as a civil engineer.
although your ambition is programming

6 پسندیده

Thank you lovely mom :heart_eyes:
What a coincidence. I’m a geotechnical engineer too and my husband also :wink:

3 پسندیده

yes, what amazing coincidence.
I received my MSc from isfahan uni of technology in 1390. my favourite topic is the model of soil , implementation modeling and all over tunneling design.
I’m plesure of being acquainted with you.

4 پسندیده

Hi my dear friend. Wow!what a beautiful pictuer. I think nauter and every thing in it is a free and iedal gift from merciful God. We all should protect the environment/nauter. I hope you and your husbend succeed in both,your education and your life.

4 پسندیده