چالش رایتینگ - What are your favourite places to eat

I’m not upset that daydream3r gave me feedback on my text…right now, I see he’s asking everyone if he can give them feedback. Even if he had asked me so, I would have said yes to see the feedback. My problem is not with that part. My problem is with sharing incorrect and false information that can misguide beginners. I’m sad for those beginners. And if I don’t stand up and say something in such a situation, who would? It would have been much easier for me to shut up and say nothing but I did this as a homage to beginners and language learners here. I was also once a beginner and had teachers like daydream3r, where they appeared as such nice guys, but later on when my level got higher I realized they just took my green dollar bills to give me the incorrect information. And that’s why I decided to study the English language on my own for many years with no teacher. I’m competitive when it comes to English grammar and things like that. I’m not gonna sit down and let you share false information. It’s my duty and personal oath to the society. And that is why I have decided to become a teacher, a good one who does his homework and research before sharing incorrect information.

Integrity and honesty score higher on my priority list than fake friendship and niceness, which are perfect values in our Tarof culture.

7 پسندیده

Thanks alot my friend
You are give me alot of pover to try more than before
You are a good teacher and good friend
I would like to do something for you instead of your helping
Because you are espending your time for me

13 پسندیده

Hi

I’m surprised you’re talking about doing research and all that, when you haven’t even paid attention to the title of this topic! It says “Writing Challenge”. Whenever there is a challenge, there will probably be a judgment. As simple as that. Furthermore, you haven’t even bothered to pay attention to the previous writing challenge topics by @daydream3r, in which there is always a form of correction and feedback going on. That’s called doing your research my friend!
You also did not pay attention to the fact that he has asked for a short piece of writing, in one or two paragraphs, not a long one like the one you have posted here .

It isn’t the “Showing off and proving you are better than everybody else” topic either! If it was, then it would be the topic for you to post your writings and wait for everybody to admire them. It is, once and for all, “a writing correction and feedback” topic.

Nobody’s above correction. If you’re a teacher, you should be open to feedback. You are not a native speaker, and you will always remain a learner. That’s the first thing a teacher should know, as well as knowing how to treat other teachers with respect, which I unfortunately don’t see in your behavior.
If you don’t want to accept the mistakes in your “writing”, that’s fine, but don’t blame them on the informal style or try to pass them off as “common forms” just because they show up on a search-engine website.
A teacher, or a person that is trying to give feedback to a student’s writing, should pay attention to the details as much as possible. He/she is trying to prepare the student for writing in the most efficient and grammatically correct way. The way that some native speakers might change grammar in their speech is out of the question here. For example

Imagine a beginner reading this sentence and thinking this is the correct, and the best form of writing it!!!

Are you saying that the British Council, is trying to confuse, or mislead the learners here?
Because it’s exactly pointing out what @daydream3r corrected in your writing. And this is how the writing wil be corrected in any professional setting. That’s why it is safe to choose the most grammatical form all the time.
The fact that we might hear the sentence:
I ain’t done nothing wrong.
a million times by native speakers, doesn’t make it grammatical. It just makes it common. And it sure does not justify using it in a piece of writing, or recommending it to students! A teacher’s job is to teach the grammatical forms above all, and maybe just mentioning the ungrammatical ones for more information.
The ungrammatical but common forms will be learned during the course of language learning, and it is not that big of a deal if they are not learned at all.
Also, a visit to the Cambridge or other dictionaries might not be a bad idea from time to time, even if you are an almighty teacher! Research :wink:

Also, whenever a piece of “writing” is being evaluated, of course, and most definitely, the punctuation is going to be regarded as an important factor! I am again surprised that as a teacher, you think punctuation should be ignored when giving feedback to a piece of writing!!!

مثال زدن و برهان آوردن از فارسی قواعدی داره! تعجب می‌کنم که اینو نمیدونین!
در فارسی “شناسه” فعل در پسوندش هست، یعنی شخص و زمان رو خود پسوند نشون میده. وقتی ما در فارسی میگیم “گفتم” اون “م” آخر داره شخص و فاعل رو هم نشون میده. برای همین توی فارسی فاعل میتونه حذف بشه و حتی غیردستوری هم نیست.
توی انگلیسی اینطور نیست. فاعل از نظر گرامری اکثر اوقات نباید حذف بشه، اگر توی محاوره حذف شد، معنیش این نیست که اون جمله گرامری و درسته، فقط محاوره ایه.
این مثال بسیار مثال غلط و غیرعلمی ای هست و توصیه میکنم اگر تدریس میکنید اصلا سر کلاس مطرحش نکنید چون جزو تفاوت‌های خطرناک زبان فارسی و انگلیسیه که همینجوریش هم زبان آموزا باهاش مشکل دارن.

در آخر اینکه زبان آموزا با رایتینگ شما با گونه های ungrammatical مواجه بشن، خیلی بدتر از اینه که با تصحیح رایتینگ شما با گونه های گرامری و درستش آشنا بشن.

بطور کلی، یک جمله ی “از وقتی که برای تصحیح رایتینگ من گذاشتین ممنونم، گرچه هدفم فقط نوشتن و به اشتراک گذاشتن بود” میتونست خیلی شخصیت والاتر، با سعه ی صدر تر و “معلم” تری از شما نشون بده، تا پرخاشگری، و به هر ریسمانی چنگ زدن برای نشون دادن اینکه کاملا از هرگونه اشتباهی عاری هستین.

میدونم که الان در جواب این متن هم توجیهاتی خواهید داشت، اما تنها دلیل من برای نوشتن در این تاپیک این بود که داشت به مربی تالار توهین میشد و خصومت شخصی ای خدایی نکرده در کار نیست.
به همین دلیل در کمال احترام اگر چیزی بنویسید من دیگه جوابی نخواهم داد چون به اندازه کافی تاپیک چالش رایتینگ آقا علیرضا رو خراب کردیم.
توی پی وی صحبتی داشتین حتما راه برای ارتباط بازه.
وقتتون خوش

13 پسندیده

Hello there

the pleasure is mine ma’am :grin: :pray:t4:

Of course! on my way

OK, here you’ve got to use which

• colourful types of food which are cooked in

I liked the way you said this sentence though :joy: :+1:t4:

There is a point here:
the word “food” is uncountable so we can’t say foods.
we can use these words instead, according to the context

• meals
  • dishes
  • types of food
  • kinds of food
    and so on

two

it was cool. and I really enjoyed it

You’re the most welcome :heart:

10 پسندیده

Yeah… Until the next time I go shopping :joy: :joy:

9 پسندیده

You’re the most welcome dear Hossein

I’m so happy to hear that :grin: :heart:

Oh come on! it’s so nice of you. Thanks mate there’s no need to do anything in return. Just learn English! that would make me way happier :wink: :v:t4:

And by the way.
let me fix a few errors in your text :grin:

a lot

You give me a lot of power

Spending

Peace mate! :v:t4: :heart:

9 پسندیده

Thanks again my friend :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 پسندیده

Hello
Good night :sunflower:

I am a moderate person
I like the food that is made outside, I also welcome food made outside
I also welcome home-cooked food

I always try my both opportunities well and correctly and enjoy :sweat_smile:

9 پسندیده

Hi there. I wanted to write here 2 days prior while I was in the car to save some time but I felt nauseated in the middle of it and l left it for another time. :joy:

For some reason my mother hates to eat out and since I’m a teenager and I’m as poor as a church mouse we eat out once in a blue moon which is fine with me cause I’m not fond of it eather.
But I eat out with my friends now and then in cafes or fast food places. Honestly I can’t say anything about the prices cause they are unreasonably high but since the times I have eatten out are numbered no need to bother.

10 پسندیده

Hey there :wave:t2:
Balance! That’s what I’m talking about :joy:

8 پسندیده

Hi Giso1
Well
I hope you become rich ASAP :joy:

9 پسندیده

Great :blossom:
tank you for your attention to my text :grin:

8 پسندیده

Hi. Today I want to answer your questions one by one.

1. Well I go out to eat three times a month with my family or friends. In particular I often go to famous restaurants.
  2. Um… when I eat out I go to restaurants or fast_food places; but I don’t like to go fast _food places as I think all of the fast_foods are harmful and dangerous for healthy.
    Anyway… I hate all of the fast_food.
  3. To be honest… yeah I have two great restaurants in my list of my favorites.
    My first favorite restaurant is the Blue Duck .and the second restaurant is Tahchin.
    These are famous and great restaurants in my List. you may not have tried them.
    Maybe…
    I love them as they have Live music and amusing foods or salads.
  4. Um… I like to answer these options in question number 4.
    ● Where you can hang out with your friends?
    My answer◇ well… I can hang out with my friends in new or incredible places actually we love to test new restaurants and cafeteria.
    ●My answer◇ you know Iran has different and great restaurants and unfortunately i can’t recommend you a great or good restaurants because Everyone has an opinion or interest but No food is as healthy and delicious as mother’s food.
    Thank you.
13 پسندیده

At the first go-off, I wanted to say thanks for knack on this prepossessing topic.
I’m not keen on going out to eat, but I do that from time to time.
The last time was before quarantine time.
Not to brag, I’m a great cook, so my family and I prefer to eat homemade food.
When we go to travel, I don’t do anything, like a princess, and agree to eat out. It doesn’t matter if it is a restaurant, fast-food, cafes or food stands.
Welcome to Mashhad any time, specifically shandiz, you can find great restaurants with fabulous food, you might have heard about shandiz “shashlik”, in a clean and tidy place, furthermore wonderful scene and nice climate.

13 پسندیده

Hi
Befor i liked go out to ear but now no. I don’t like cook the dinner and lunch but i have to do that .befor the corona virous we go out to eat .i liked moslem resturant in bazar and fast food
.in piroozi street
Crona please go out :disappointed:

9 پسندیده

Hello my friends :hibiscus::hibiscus::rose::rose:
When I was younger especially in high school I used to go out for eating something with my friends a lot. But we never chose a same place, just picked up a random restaurant mostly fast food and go. And because we played soccer, after the game we always went to drink something (juice :sweat_smile:).
But as we grew up, my friends’ interests changed, and they tended to go to hookaplace ( I am not sure about the word but you got what I mean :sweat_smile:).
I’ve never smoked in my whole life, not cigarette and not hooka but every time they go there, my friends call me and say: come on Mohammad Hussein, we’re in this hookaplace you should come. First I don’t accept but ultimately they make me go there and when I go there they blow their smoke exactly into my face as if they were made just to that in their entire life :joy::joy:.
I know almost all of the hookaplaces in my city but I don’t think you want me to say their names :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

10 پسندیده

You are great shaghayegh :heart::heart::heart:

5 پسندیده

Hello there dear Ms Ansarisadr
Thanks for participating in this writing challenge
We will be happy to have you in our upcoming challenges as well :pray:t4: :heart:

8 پسندیده

Hello to you dear Ms Ghabel! thanks for joining us :pray:t4:

Yeah me too to be honest.

:joy:

as you said “a rstaurant, fast-food,” it’s better to continue with singular nouns…
so it’s better to say café or a food stand

Noo I haven’t heard of it! I should try it sometime :grin:

7 پسندیده

Hello Faribad! Welcome to the community :heart_eyes: :v:t4:
Thanks for joining me in this topic.I’m just about to give you a feedback on your writing :grin:

I understood what you wanted to say and that means a lot! and that’s very good. but it’s better to know how the correct wa is.
I liked to eat out before. but now, I don’t.

I don’t like to cook

Before the Corona virus we used to eat out

on Piroozi street

That’s what we all want :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

8 پسندیده