Pessimistic Quotes

like always Freud tells the truth

2 پسندیده

I think here Dostoyevsky has not told his personal belief, he was a christian after all, this sentence is put into the mouth of the underground man who throughout the novel talks about his thoughts.

I totally agree with you.

:ok_hand:

2 پسندیده

We have time to grow old. The air is full of our cries. But habit is a great deadener.

Waiting for Godot, by Samuel Beckett

2 پسندیده

هرچند دیدگاهمون به زندگی از هم دوره، از خوندن نوشته های شما لذت می برم و یاد میگیرم

1 پسندیده

خواهش میکنم. شما لطف دارید. :pray: :rose:

1 پسندیده

All life is a struggle in the dark.

As for all those torments that are said to take place in the depths of Hell, they are actually here and now, in our own lives.

Lucretius, On the Nature of Things, Greek and Roman Philosophy After Aristotle, by Jason L. Saunders.

2 پسندیده

When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools.

William Shakespeare, King Lear

2 پسندیده

my mind has been occupied with mortality for years and when I think that I ask myself what we do? and I say that only thing that we can do accept of mortality and keep going.

life with possibility, uncertainty and mortality is human destiny.

2 پسندیده

Exactly. :ok_hand:

2 پسندیده

There is some wisdom in taking a gloomy view, in looking upon the world as a kind of Hell, and in confining one’s efforts to securing a little room that shall not be exposed to the fire.

Arthur Schopenhauer, The Wisdom of Life and Counsels and Maxims

3 پسندیده

Use your head, can’t you, use your head, you’re on earth, there’s no cure for that!

Samuel Beckett, Endgame

3 پسندیده

Oh, God, God, How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable Seem to me all the uses of this world!

To be honest, as this world goes, is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.

What have you, my good friends, deserved at the hands of Fortune that she sends you to prison hither?
Prison, my lord?
Denmark’s a prison.
Then is the world one.
A goodly one, in which there are many confines, wards, and dungeons, Denmark being one o’th’ worst.
We think not so, my lord.
Why then 'tis none to you, for there is nothing either good or bad but thin makes it so.
To me it is a prison.

Now, Hamlet, where’s Polonius?
At supper.
At supper?
Where?
Not where he eats, but where 'a is eaten.
A certain convocation of politic worms are e’en at him.
Your worm is your only emperor for diet .
We fat all creatures else to fat us, and we fat ourselves for maggots.
Your fat king and your lean beggar is but variable service —two dishes, but to one table.
That’s the end.
Alas, alas!
A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm.
What dost thou mean by this?
Nothing but to show you how a king may go a progress through the guts of a beggar.

When sorrows come, they come not single spies, But in battalions.

Alexander died, Alexander was buried, Alexander returneth to dust, the dust is earth, of earth we make loam, and why of that loam whereto he was converted might they not stop a beer barrel?
Imperious Caesar, dead and turned to clay, Might stop a hole to keep the wind away.

a man’s life’s no more than to say “one”.

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

3 پسندیده

Life is a tragedy wherein we sit as spectators for a while and then act our part in it.

Jonathan Swift

3 پسندیده

I stick my finger in existence — it smells of nothing. Where am I? Who am I? How came I here? What is this thing called the world? What does this world mean?

Søren Kierkegaard

2 پسندیده

Man is perishing. That may be, and if it is nothingness that awaits us let us so act that it will be an unjust fate.

Miguel de Unamuno, Tragic Sense of Life

3 پسندیده

No matter which way we go, it is no better than any other. It is all the same whether you achieve something or not, have faith or not, just as it is all the same whether you cry or remain silent.

How I wish I didn’t know anything about myself and this world!

Emil Cioran, On the Heights of Despair

3 پسندیده

I realize that life is a fucking comedy not teragedy .i see comedy in everthing
Horror in the depthe of it is comedy
If you can quote some statements from Balzac because he is my favorite writer

2 پسندیده

There is one quote from him in the quote book called The Dark Side:

Believe everything that you hear about the world, nothing is too impossibly bad.

But about the comic aspect of life, I know a quote from Schopenhauer which I think you might like:

The never-fulfilled wishes, the frustrated efforts, the hopes mercilessly blighted by fate, the unfortunate mistakes of the whole life, with increasing suffering and death at the end, always give us a tragedy. Thus, as if fate wished to add mockery to the misery of our existence, our life must contain all the woes of the tragedy, and yet we cannot even assert the dignity of tragic characters, but, in the broad detail of life, are inevitably the foolish characters of a comedy.

2 پسندیده

Thank you my dear friend :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
That is my image of life

2 پسندیده

Sleep is good, death is better, but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all.

Heinrich Heine

2 پسندیده