واژگان درس "باغ ذهن"

Aaron: Yeah. What’s new?

Dan: What’s new in my life? I’m feeling as relaxed and at peace with the world as I always am.

what’s new

چه خبر؟

Aaron: Oh, wow! That’s nice. I feel the opposite. I feel a little stressed out, a little bit busy, just too many things on my mind. Gosh, I wish I could be like you. It would be nice.

stressed out

پریشان، مضطرب، پرتنش

Dan: Well, I’m going to take you under my wing and I’m going to teach you everything I know. First, I want you to wash my feet.

take + under + wing

زیر پر و بال گرفتن، تحت حمایت درآوردن

Dan: We’re talking about expectations. I was pretty blown away when I first heard about this character, Daniel Kish.

blow away

شدیدا متعجب شدن، مبهوت شدن، تحت تاثیر قرار دادن/گرفتن

Aaron: Oh, the blind… He’s a boy or a young man?

Dan: No, he’s a middle-aged guy. He learned how to use sound to sense the world around him.

middle-aged

میان‌سال

Aaron: Yet by virtue of what she did and the way she raised him, he developed the sensibilities that would allow him to do things like climb a wall or navigate a street with lots of busy cars.

by virtue of

به‌خاطر، به واسطه‌ی، بنابر، طبقِ

Dan: Rock climb, ride a bicycle when in traffic. Pretty amazing guy. His back stories, it’s really unique. I think his father was, I think I read his father was abusive.

back story

پیشینه

That’s what Daniel Kish is the hardest part, is making the people around the family members of the blind people understand that their love, their desire to protect their child or their mother or their father, that’s what really stands in the way of them becoming independent beings that can see. That’s what he says.

stand in the way of

مانع شدن، جلوگیری کردن، سد راه شدن

Dan: I don’t think you can do those things. I think it’s like such a complicated mash of ways that we communicate that are below the surface and I don’t think it’s possible. Probably not possible to do that if you don’t believe.

Aaron: Right. It goes hand in hand with believing.

go hand in hand with

به یکدیگر مرتبط بودن، همزمان و با هم اتفاق افتادن

==================
این تاپیک مربوط به درس« گفتگو » در نرم‌افزار «زبانشناس» است.
دوره: « مگا داستان » فصل: « باغ ذهن »

14 پسندیده

موقع زبان خوندن هیچی مث پیدا کردن ی اصطلاح مشابه با زبان مادری آدم رو خوشحال نمیکنه :joy:
مرسی پروین جان :rose::rose:

9 پسندیده

خواهش می‌کنم عزیزم

دقیقا منم همین حسو دارم

5 پسندیده

فکر کنم مترادفش according to باشه

5 پسندیده