Why are you learning English?!

I recall when I was about 9/10 years old, my siblings had this tendency to listen to foreign music, principally English music. I recollect listening to them visualizing myself understanding their words, speaking their language easily. I had this desire notably when I was listening to Amy Lee’s songs. Back then I thought to myself," Oh my God, what a beautiful song! What a beautiful language! I want to learn this language."

So I tried to learn it. I didn’t try hard, but yes, I tried. I mean there’s been such a long time since then, you know! And now I can sort of understand them. When I look back, I say to myself," Hey! I did it." And I do love this, when you try and try and try. Your path is full of ups and downs, but you try and sacrifice and fail and gain and achieve and win.

I became older and so do my wills, nowadays I don’t want to just learn it for understanding them and talking like them, I want to learn it to become a simultaneous translator for a while, which frankly, every time I think about it, it makes me kind of frightened, but I like this sort of fear cause it’s challenging and I like this sort of challenges. I think challenges can help you to become a better version of yourself.

So now I’m here, because I enjoy being with people who have all but the same aim as I have. I mean learning English.

4 پسندیده

Wow, amazing!
Actually, I think it needs a lot of self- confidence to do it. But you seem to have it, so way to go :+1:

1 پسندیده

I see, most of teenagers are like you, they’ve started learning English based on their parents desire, but little by little they get interested.

Me,myself, I’ve been always a huge fan of English, but I got started to learning it after I got graduated. :relaxed:.

1 پسندیده

Thank you so much. You made me really happy.
I think self confidence can be a delusive fancy. Cause you see lots of people with a great amount of so-called self-confidence that don’t have the adequate skill to do their work, and you see the others who have the adequate skill, but they don’t believe in themselves.
So I hope one day, I gain that true self-confidence. Or, better to say, that self-efficacy.
By the way, thank you so much for your amazing topic. I wish you all the best.

3 پسندیده