Why are you learning English?!

Hey guys!:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
If we are here, chances are, we want to learn English! Some of us are focusing on our speaking, a few on writing… and so on.
So the point is: English, no matter which skills you want to improve!
Tell me what causes you to be here, in this forum.
If you ask me, my aim is to speak English fluently and powerfully, so what ever I do, is just to get to this aim :wink:

13 پسندیده

Hi…
I like to learn english… I wanted to go to canada before but now just I like it(english)…

9 پسندیده

I like english. I like whatching to english movies.
I like reading to english book and novel.
I will a english teacher.

5 پسندیده

Hey my dear friends

To be honest, I don’t have any special target.
Actually well, I just study English because I think learning new language and culture can open a new window to my life and improve my personality.

Although I’m sure English will help in my occupation and also my business.
As well getting a new knowledge always makes me happier and give me positive feedback to enjoy more of
my life.

Oh I completely forgot, I usually enjoy struggling with complex and difficult things,They work like a puzzle for me and eventually, I will proud of myself at the end of project.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: It will be nice of you to correct my text and I’ll be appreciate your kindness.

:hibiscus::blossom::bouquet::bouquet::blossom::hibiscus:

10 پسندیده

Hello.
What an interesting question! I remember the first time I’ve got determined to start learning English. It was a summer evening and I was walking to somewhere in town. Suddenly a foreigner stopped me and asked “Can you speak English?”, I just looked at him, waited for two seconds and said, with an emotionless face and voice, “No” (not Na, I said No). He looked at me like I don’t want to talk to him, said “Ok” and left with an annoyed expression on his face. I wasn’t unwilling to talk to him; I couldn’t. The next day I started to learn, just as a hobby. After years without any aim and goal in learning English, eventually, last year I set my mind and decided to make my life and job around talking English. Now my goal is to become the best English speaker ever. I’m maybe raising my hopes up, but I must try whatever I can.

11 پسندیده

You are an awesome speaker right now. Your post was great. :bouquet::blossom::hibiscus:

3 پسندیده

ادامه دادن بحث از Why are you learning English?!:
I see☺️
Your speaking is pretty well, I think you’re right at the point :+1:
So tell us what you do to achieve your aim? Watching movies? Listening to musics? …

4 پسندیده

So it wouldn’t make any difference if you picked like French or something instead of picking English?!
I mean, Learning Other languages could challenge you too, so what’s making English especial for you?!

Let me guess, you have challenged yourself learning other languages too, right?

By the way, you are good at English🤞

4 پسندیده

You know what, I prefer English because it’s most popular in the world and most of movies and books produced in English.

But dear, as you said, there’s no difference between languages. I guess we both think that every culture can affect on us and development our culture and perspective.

Frankly I started to learn French several times, but unfortunately I don’t have regular spare time because of my career and I couldn’t learn En and Fr at the same time.

Although I’m not deserve your nice compliment but thank you so much for your awesome and optimistic mentality.
:bouquet::bouquet::blossom::blossom::hibiscus::hibiscus:

5 پسندیده

Well, I wanted to learn something new related to my job, so I started to search for a real source, no matter it’s a pdf or a video. I could not find my clues between Persian sources, and if we browse for any reason, we may discover a few contents in Farsi and lots of capacities in English, so for me, it’s the main rationale for learning English. Even more, when something translates from English to another language, it may change.so I decided to use the original article. Furthermore, I traveled to another country, I understood what they say, couldn’t respond, what a shame. I tried different references for learning, ultimately found this app, and have my eyes on stalks and It became part of my daily routine.

5 پسندیده

Good one👍
I totally agree with you, accessing on original sources is a good inspiration to learn a new language, even watching movies in main language without any filters can be a good motivation to learn new languages.

3 پسندیده

I see.
I ,too have tried to learn other languages like German and French, but believe me they are not as sweet as English!
Frankly I can’t stand French, but just to learn a new language along with English I chosen it.
Yet I couldn’t see any improvement in myFrench😬

4 پسندیده

It goes back to 12 years ago, in Shiraz, Hafeez temple. To your record, I got my MA degree in exercise physiology at Shiraz university. One evening I was at Hafeezieh, looking at the writings on the gravestone and saying the benediction for him. I do remember the moment that a lady asked me why I touched the gravestone. As you all guys probably know, after saying the pray for the late, we touch the gravestone. That lady who seemingly was from east south, asked me why I touched the gravestone. That moment, for a while I got stunned to response because I’d never been in such situation before. To be honest, I just replied that it’s an old tradition, and I wasn’t able to speak more than that. Another experience that I went through was the time that I was in Pasargad. In this case I came across to a boy and a girl from Japan. Having visited the great Cyprus temple, we all were off to the city of Marvdasht. We trio, sat in the back of a taxi to Marvdasht and to my surprise the girl sat next to me, I mean the girl was between me and that guy!!. However, a Iranian guy would not do such thing​:joy::joy:. In the end, I paid their rent and each of us was off to their ways.
From then on, I started learning English seriously.

I hope it hasn’t been boring and made you bored.

6 پسندیده

Good reasons to be inspired, huh?:sweat_smile:
Well, I’ve never had such a real situation to face with, I wish I had, you know why? To test myself, to see how I’d react in such situations.
By the way, I frequently see your comments and voices shared to other posts, you seem to be such an enthusiastic and dedicated person toward learning English.:crossed_fingers:

2 پسندیده

It depends on where you live, go put a tent up in the front of the Hafeezieh, just in case. Although it’s not worth a try due to the Coronavirus outbreak​:joy::joy:.

2 پسندیده

Hello.
First, I have to apologise that I didn’t answer your comment earlier. I was away. Sorry. :hibiscus:

Second, It’s my trade secret. I have a unique way of learning. I want to use it for my future students. You can get nothing out of me. My lips are sealed. :smile:
(I’m joking. I listen way “too” much; beyond your imagination. :sweat_smile: No, I lied again. Actually it’s a normal amount. :sweat_smile: I cannot stop myself. :sweat_smile: Sorry).

4 پسندیده

hello guys
first i learning english for just speaking very well and
maybe go abroad for travel and need to speak very good another country.
second i gonna to be a international master
:wave::dizzy::white_heart:

4 پسندیده

I like your sense of humor :sweat_smile:
So, listening, huh?
I know the magic of listening and I’v heard about it frequently. So … way to go :relaxed:

By the way, As you’ve been active here for a long time and almost every one knows you, when you were absent, I ran into some comments whose writers were worried about you and missed you.
So I understand your delay to reply my comment.
That’s ok. :relaxed:

2 پسندیده

Hello friends :mask::mask::mask:
As you know English language is between of international languages.
Although, I have learned English because of my mom l mean …
My mom comple me and l went …
After
6 years now l confess to love English
I learn English because of improving

2 پسندیده

my purpose is to be able to read academic books .
because I’m a student

4 پسندیده