چالش رایتینگ - کتاب‌خوانی

Hello there again :grin:

Unfortunately, I don’t really find the time to read a lot during the day. I know I’m making excuses, but what can you do? :joy: I just find myself collapsing into the bed at the end of the day, these days especially. So, yeah. Plz accept my excuse :joy:

Ever heard of “don’t judge a book by its cover”? Well I do :joy: one of the most important factors of a book I choose is its cover.
Well, I mostly choose novel books to read, so if there is any writer’s name I find familiar or well-known, I pick it up. Especially J.K. Rowling’s :grin:
This other way of choosing a book is not a very professional way I guess, but I just open a very random page and start reading. I read about a paragraph, sometimes even less, to see whether I like the language, the choice of words, and other stuff. :grin:

Yes, it’s proven right. It’s been better most of the times.

Cliche stuff :joy: romcom, fantasy, romance itself, riddle kind of stuff

Well… it hasn’t been unsuccessful so far. Our mind is so accustomed to the speed and the colours the social media brings us that the books would start to get a bit duller. (Not for everyone, I’m sure)

Yaaaaaaaaay :heart_eyes::+1:t2::joy:

7 پسندیده

Thank you so much for your attention :rose::blush:

6 پسندیده

Hi there,
This is first time I participate in this challenge and I will be happy to get your idea for improving my writing.

It is near three months I am using Zavanshenas and this is the main reason of increasing my reading time to 1 hour per day specially English books which I hope help
me to improve my vocabulary and Grammer, these two goals cause the genre of the books are not important so much, although, they should be match with my level.
As concerned as my target both book and movie are useful, however I believe
book help us to develop our creativity because we should imagine the situation based on the words then I prefer mysterious books and most of the time unpredictable stories are in my basket.
Nowadays, less time is spent on reading and people attract to summery and short context and this is a habit which has been make since internet usage raise .
rapidly but I don’t think it cause books obsoleted.
And at the end , the range of reading is down in Iran because children never learn it and it is important to highlight it for them from childhood and encourage them by prises or awards, when we never invest on our children in this field then we should not expect any change.

7 پسندیده

Hi guys.how are you? Ok let’s start…

1-actully in summer I read books 39 minutes or more every single day.
2-im reading a electric books and all of them are a bout psychology . because I read psychology books the cover is not important.but the cover of paper books are important if they are story not a lesson of life.
3- people who are reading a important books know the TV isn’t worth to spend the time.but If the book are story , movie Is better.for example: Harry Potter.
I prefer the harry potter movies than the books.
4- of course my favorite actors is Harry Potter​:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal:.
5- No I totally disagree because the books have own lovers and the people who are not have a work to do ,for fun whacking TV .
6- because the main of iranian are tired with this situation you know and they have a little time to rest.they can’t read books.they aren’t know a bout how good books change their life.so as they have time they choose TV.
Thanks for reading.
Please tell me about my mistake.

5 پسندیده

Ok I’m worte.:blossom::blossom::blossom::blossom:

5 پسندیده

Hi there :grin::wave:

Accepted :muscle:

Exactly :ok_hand:

Thank you so much for participating, dear Atefeh :blush::pray::rose:

7 پسندیده

Hi there, Fatemeh :blush::wave:
Welcome to our community :rose:

Sure :grin: Why not

is the* first time

You can use present perfect continuous here:
I’ve been using Zabanshenas for 3 months

especially*

because of these two goals*

people are* attracted

formed

the* internet usage raised*

it’ll make books obsolete

Totally agree :grin::ok_hand::clap:

Thank you so much for participating Fatemeh :blush::rose:

6 پسندیده

Hello, again :blush::wave:

Yeah, sure :blush:

e-books / electronic books (without a)

important books (without a)

*over/to

actor*

have their own fans/lovers

people who have nothing to do, watch TV for fun

majority of Iranians

I think “exhausted” would be a better choice

don’t know

I wrote*

Thank you so much dear Abalfazl :grin::pray: Enjoyed your views

7 پسندیده

Thanks for telling me a bout my mistake. :blossom::blossom:

5 پسندیده

Hello there.

I loved reading since I was a kid. Books are not just a hobby for me, but part of my life or more precisely, me. Books and words are one of the few things that make me happy without costing me a fortune. I can’t even call what I feel “happiness”. It’s totally sth else. It’s a combination of sheer joy and excitement and humble admiration.

I adore books and admire authors because I love it when I see there are other ways, more elegant ways to see things and that’s exactly what authors do. They look deeply into things and see them for what they really are.

There are two things that I necessarily need to see in a book to mark it as sth worthy of reading.

1. Meaning. A book without meaning, is nothing short of garbage.
  2. An elegant style of writing.

It is absolutely true for everyone especially me.In books, you can relate to charecters much better which gives you more understanding of the story.

I can’t answer to it because it changes whenever I read a new book.

6 پسندیده

Hi friends :rose:
Thanks a lot for this fantastic subject. :pray:
I like books very much because I think with them we can travel to another worlds, there is one Sentence that I like its ‘’ the world is full of mysteries and life is short for understand of them ; I read book.‘’
“جهان سرشار از رموز است و عمر برای فهمیدنش اندک؛ کتاب می خوانم.”
I hope I have translated the sentence correctly.

Unfortunately when I went to university I don’t read books very much. in fact I’m become lazy, maybe 15 min I spend reading non-college books.

Their subject and Text literature is important for me, usually I search in internet and read their Summary and other people’s opinion of them. Also sometimes I use the way of dear Atefeh, I open random pages and read some pages.
The cover of the books and book’s title are from factors for attention but they’re not important. at the end their subject is reason of reading them

the book is more complete and with details, and the movie is summary of book then books are better than movies but when we don’t have enough time, movies are Good option.

Usually I read Literary and fiction books but I read non-literary books that I liked them.

I think no.

In my opinion, culture building is the main reason. In one program I heard that they asked from children to tell what do their mother and father do during day? Their answers were:

My mother cooks, cleans the house, watches TV,…

My father goes to work, watches TV, works with the phone,…

Perhaps very few children said they read books. familys love that their children read book but they-self don’t read book ( Maybe the problems and worries are the cause.). by the way Reading book is a habit that it’s good to make this habit since childhood.

thanks alot for taking the time to read my text.
Please tell me about my mistake.:pray: Thank you.

7 پسندیده

Hello!

Well, I remember the time when I was in forth grade and the teacher called my mom and complained that your daughter doesn’t study . Well I got in a bad trouble cause my mom told her that I read story books all the time and don’t study at all :joy:
Now however Im an eighth grade but I don’t read as much as books as I used to .and these days I read more e-books than real books .but the thing is that real books are diffrent and I still enjoy reeding them .
How do I choose the books I want to read ?
First lemme admit sth :whenever I go to a bookstore or a library i just get confused, so that I always do a google search or bring my dad to help me choose a book . I guess it’s an important ability to find and choose a good and useful book :ok_hand:

7 پسندیده

Hi there, Giso :blush::wave:

Wow, that’s beautiful :clap:

Totally
Actually, I think “art” without meaning, is nothing short of garbage. (That’s a little harsh, I know(

Thank you very much for participating :blush::rose:
It was perfect

6 پسندیده

Thank you. :rose:

It’s not harsh but true. I think people pour a piece of their soul into whatever they create. So, it must surely have sth of value to talk about.

7 پسندیده

Hello everybody
I almost spend reading 30 minutes each day
I perfer to read paper books rather than e-books because It gives me pleasant feeling when I flip through the book.
History and psychology are my favorite topics
"Choice theory"is one of the best book I’ve read recently.
My favorite author is Oriana fallaci
I think
It is not good to compare books and movies, but between books and movies with the same story, the book definitely wins

6 پسندیده

Hi there :blush::wave:

Sure :blush:

understanding them*

اگه می‌خواید ادبی‌تر شه می‌شه خالی بنویسید I read :grin:

You did a great job :clap::ok_hand:

I’m not sure but I guess you either meant
“when I was going to universit, I didn’t read books”
or
“since I’ve gone to university, I’m not reading books”

I guess you mean “literature”

حقیقتا من مطمئن نیستم که فرهنگ‌سازی معادل دقیقی داشته باشه تو انگلیسی، ولی فکر نمی‌کنم عبارت مورد استفاده‌تون معنی مشابهی رو برسونه. از اونجایی که من در حال حاضر هیچ معادلی به ذهنم نمی‌رسه، متاسفانه نمی‌تونم پیشنهادی واسه جایگزین کردنش بدم :sweat_smile:

but they don’t read, themselves

I’ve become

on the internet

I’ve read

You’re most certainly welcome :blush::rose:
Thank you so much for participating :pray::grin:

5 پسندیده

Hi there :blush::wave:

:joy: I can totally relate :ok_hand:

There are some apps that can help you discover great new books, based on your personal taste (I don’t know what they are, though :joy:)

Of course, sure it is

Thank you so much for participating, enjoyed your views :grin::pray:

6 پسندیده

Exactly :ok_hand::clap:‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

6 پسندیده

منظورم این بود:
از وقتی دانشگاه رفتم خیلی کتاب نمی خونم. (نه اینکه کلا نخونم)

خیلی ممنونم از اینکه وقت گذاشتید و متنم رو تصحیح کردید. :pray::rose:

5 پسندیده

Hi there :wave::blush:

This and the smell of paper

Yeah, sure
We’re talking about the same story :grin:

Thank you so much for participating :blush::rose::pray:

6 پسندیده