تمرین رایتینگ - کلیشه‌ها

Writing Challenge – Stereotypes

Hi there, guys!
I’m back with another writing challenge.
Today, we want to talk about stereotypes.

First of all, do you know what “stereotype” means?
Stereotype means a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing; like how women can’t drive or men can’t cry (gender stereotypes), or how the Italians are too loud and the Jewish are too greedy.

Now, first of all, please remember, try not to let it exceed 200 words.
Secondly, if you have no idea what to write about, don’t worry. You can simply answer the questions but again, don’t forget to include your ideas too.
Next, if you want to receive feedback, let me know.

Questions:

1. What are some gender stereotypes?
  2. How is our country stereotyped in the world?
  3. What are some racial stereotypes here in our country?
  4. How can stereotypes be damaging? Could stereotyping be helping in any way?
  5. What do you know about religious stereotypes? (The Jewish, Muslims, Christians, and …)

Good luck, have fun!

8 پسندیده

Howdy! :blue_heart:

I believe that a large number of our problems, are because of our faulty thinking. Everything, I mean it literally, goes back to your head and the wheels turning there. I think that every single person should live according to what they believe because and only because they truly believe it, not because they were taught to believe it. Life is meant to be understood, not copied. The whole world out there is before you, giving you the chance to wonder and experience and discover and comprehend and get to really, truly believe. You should not accept the second_hand image of it. Your life, your principles and your beliefs. What most of us do is not living. And even if we can call it “living”, it’s living blindly. Everything others tell you, is not necessarily true. Everything others do is not necessarily right. And I’m not stating they are wrong. I’m saying that it’s your job telling the lie from the truth. Your duty to figure it out. I’m not claiming that whatever I believe in now, is downright true and not at all faulty. I’m not claiming that they would not change and maybe grow as time passes. Frankly, they change every single day. But I’m proud of myself, for they are mine. Maybe not perfect, but thought_through.

Stereotypes are pure nonsense. You can’t aplly one sentence to a category of people, for we all are different. It’s unfair to judge somebody by their religion or their social rank. It’s cruel to limit and dismiss someone because of their gender.

I’m afraid that Ruben Blades is right in saying that, “I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died from ignorance.” And we already have, and will, pay enormously for it.

PS They say “One must always be careful of books, and what’s inside them, for words have the power to change us”. I think I’m a living proof of it because, damn, I’m just quoting authors here rather than writing myself!

I would appreciate it. :rose:

8 پسندیده

Hi there, Giso :wave:

I can’t find anything :grin: As always, you’ve done a wonderful job :ok_hand::clap:

Come on, now! You’re spitting on the graves of Boas and Freud :rofl:

I believe you’re totally right. But, stereotypes are just some images, they do not limit you. Whether we judge people based on them or not, is on us.

:ok_hand::clap:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: As long as you’re not quoting prophets, I’m okay with that

Thank you, for participating :rose:
I always enjoy your essays

5 پسندیده

They do. If you believe them, they make something of a boundary for you. For instance,

This one.

Imagine hearing that nasty sentence from your father or brother or any other male, every freaking time that you sit in a car. Sometimes they see a car jerking and moving awkwardly and, they say, “I bet there is a woman behind the wheel of that car.”. Tomorrow, I’ll sit in a car, BELIEVING that I can’t possibly ride correctly, because I’m a girl. And I swear I have heard that sentence from dozens of men. This kind of ideas can hijack your mind. Yes, yo can deny it ,but you can’t say they do not affect you AT ALL. They limit the way you think.

My pleasure, I’m happy to hear that. :rose:

5 پسندیده