تمرین رایتینگ - زبان

Writing Challenge – Language

Hi there, guys!
Welcome to the next challenge.

Today, we want to talk about language.
Now, first of all, please remember, try not to let it exceed 200 words.
Secondly, if you have no idea what to write about, don’t worry. You can simply answer the questions but again, don’t forget to include your ideas too.
Next, if you want to receive feedback, let me know.

Questions:

1. Why are you studying English?
  2. What do you think about the words adopted from other languages?
  3. How many languages would you like to learn?
  4. What techniques do you use to remember vocabulary/grammar?
  5. Some people say we should have a universal language, do you agree?

Good luck, have fun!

12 پسندیده

Hi dear Matin :wave::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:
Long time no see. Well I like English language because it is an international language that I can use all over the globe.
I can find some friends from foreign countries and have interaction and communication with them, I become familiar with their culture.
I also like traveling, I prefer to spend my money for traveling to spectacular and nice places.
Sometimes there are new discoveries in field of technology or medication and some new words are adopted, well I think it’s not always necessary to change new words to Persian, it’s better to use original word and not making absurd words in Persian.
I like to learn english perfectly then learn other languages, I don’t want to be Jack of all trades and Master of non.
I don’t use any special technic to remember vocabularies, I just repeat them alot and repetition is mother of skills.
Having one universal language sounds exciting :smiley::smiley: and like other subjects has it’s pros and cons, and I guess it has more benefits and less consequences, you know after a while it might become boring and unpleasant :person_facepalming::person_facepalming:
Thanks for letting me write my opinions :blush::relaxed:

10 پسندیده

Hiii🖐️
First I want to say that I used to hated English. Basically I hate memorizeing so it was hard for me to memorize longe list of words and grammatical rules. Then I started to learn it with movies and after that I utilized Instagram pages. I confess that Zabanshenas really helps me to keep learning.
I’m studying English to apply for studying in international architecture universities and to understand English sources.
I think no matter how good you are at English, there is some misunderstanding between you and a person with another heritage. It’s more happened on academic space.
Modernism theory, witch said that everything must be same and represent in every where failed. Because people can’t accept to lose their local heritage. In case of technology and sociology and belifs we aren’t live in the same time so we can’t have any universal thing for everyone, just one connecting way for special groups.
Please give me fidback on my writing. :relaxed::pray:

8 پسندیده

Hey there. :blue_heart:

To be honest, when I started to learn English, it was totally out of necessity. I HATED it. Naturally, you hate anything you suck at, right? And since my first encounter with this language, was at school, there was no way around not sucking at it. So, yeah, my marks were practically dismal. On my first exam, I got 13. And I’m telling you, I’m not the type of girl who gets 13 on a test, so, you get the idea when I say"dismal".

So, I started to take classes in an institute. I was behind every single person in our class and that was killing me, but I’m not anything if I’m not stubborn. It took me some time to catch up with others, but I did, and soon after I was the best in the class. And I’m not saying this to indicate that it was because I’m so clever and talented, blah, blah, blah, but because I worked hard for it. But even then, I didn’t find any pleasure in learning English. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t like it either. Then there was this teacher, who was unlike any other teacher I had ever had. I LOVED her classes. She was funny, clever and in love with her job. She was what a teacher really upposed to be. I started to get to like English because of her. She would teach us idioms and slangs, and I was crazy about them. I began to watch English movies and listen to English musics, and everything was pretty much good. Then, they replaced her, and none of them were anything like her. I felt like the classes were total waste of time and money. So, when we had to study through online classes due to the lockdown and all, I was completely FED UP. then, all of a sudden, I found Zabanshenas. I dropped out of the classes and literally JUMPED on it. And I can say it was then that I FELL IN LOVE with this language. It was the first time I had read a book in English, and I was mesmerized and fascinated by it. You can kind of say that my infinite love for literature, mataphors, puns and all, led to my love for English. It was just the right thing for me. In fact, I think it’s just the right method for anyone(if not anyone, then most of us?). It is how you should study English. You have to make it a constant part of your daily life.

So, I wanted to thank you, @matinrohany, and every other single member on your team. I am truly, totally, infinitely thankful. :rose:

9 پسندیده

wow, YOu are wonderful :smiley:

7 پسندیده

Thank you, that’s nice of you to say.

7 پسندیده

Hi

I want to learn english for my future.and imagiration.
In near future, I hope I’ll can studying in one of the best universities in the world.
Everybody has own abilities to learn various languages and we can’t judge them.
I don’t want to learn various languages right now except of English but maybe in future I’ll do.
I don’t have specific techniques to learn vocabularies or grammar .
I can learn them just with watching films and serries.
About the words adopted from other languages, i
think these refers to our old generation .
I don’t have any ideas beacuse I don’t have information about it.

7 پسندیده

Hi there, Maede :blush::wave:

Welcome to our little weekly challenges :grin:

I hope you do that someday :shamrock::v:

That’s actually one of the best ways to learn English

Not necessarily, but yeah, some of them.

Thanks for participating :blush::rose::pray:

5 پسندیده

Hi there, dear Giso :blush::wave:

Oh, me too!
I was only 5!!! For God’s sake.
They made me do that

Yeah, pretty much :rofl::rofl: I faked an accident the first time I got a 13 :joy::man_facepalming:

I’m glad you met her but it seems like she was lying :rofl: How could be one in LOVE with teaching!?

She’s a real hero :clap:

Well said :clap:

You have no idea how heartwarming this is :rose::pray: Thanks, it means a lot
And, on behalf of everyone on the team, “You’re welcome” :joy:

6 پسندیده

Hi there, Dorsa :blush::wave:

Sure :blush: I’ll try my best

I totally understand :joy: I used to hate it, too

memorizing*

That’s totally alright, but I think “admit” is better here

resources*

Again, I think

misunderstandings

common in an academic atmosphere

the* same

represented*

everywhere (without in)

living*

Thank you for participating :blush::rose: Enjoyed reading your essay

6 پسندیده

We’re quite different then. Because when I’m not accusing my mother of hijacking my mind so I can’t really understand what the hell I’m going to do in the future, I’m blaming her for not getting me to go to classes when I was 5. Not the grateful type, I know. Though, deep down, I’m happy she didn’t. God, I’m hopeless. :neutral_face:

:joy:

I have no clue. I’m not fond of teching myself.

6 پسندیده

Hi there, dear Morteza :grin::wave::heart:

YEAH :joy: I’m really glad that you’re back

It’s really interesting! I always recommend playing online video games just because of that! It’s really fun to communicate with people from different cultures.

Money well spent :joy: I wish I could travel abroad these days…

Exactly :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: What’s wrong with it? That’s totally okay

For sure

Yes, but as you said, more pros than cons

Thank you, so much for participating :rose::pray::blush: Enjoyed your views on the matter

5 پسندیده

Believe me, you don’t want that
Nobody wants that

Yeah, you should be!
I was being called “quantum”
The second youngest person on those classes was 10 years older than me! It was like hell.
I felt self-conscious through the whole damn thing for like 6 straight years

6 پسندیده

Hi!

I would like to learn new languages for a variety of reasons. But for the sake of brevity, for me, learning new languages is like a journey to a better understanding of the world. If you look at a language as a key, then sometimes this key arms you with a mysterious weapon so that you can see things in a new way, and at times it opens up new possibilities for new experiences. And I’m dying for new experiences. I can say that my curiosity often gets the better of me and pushes me to seek new things.

And what could be better than learning new things in your target language?
In my opinion, when you can, you should combine one interest with another. For instance, last month when I wanted to learn about solving a Rubik’s cube, I tried to find a tutorial course on the subject in my target language. Although I couldn’t find any new word in it except for the word “cube”, it was terribly beneficial. Today, I can solve it whenever I want, and it raises my spirits.

Something like Esperanto, right?
Yes, it would be nice to be able to talk to everyone and not necessarily know their first language.

I would appreciate it.

7 پسندیده

Hi there, Raha :blush::wave:

Yes, exactly

I tried, actually, but I couldn’t find anything :sweat_smile: Well done :clap:

Thank you for participating :blush::rose: You write as well as you speak :ok_hand:

3 پسندیده

Hi friends
How is it going ? :wink:

Actually I have to say I didn’t like studying English before :books::pencil2::woozy_face:
Because classes were boring and…

But know it’s different
Because I have some goals and for reaching them I have to learn English and now I love English :ribbon::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::ribbon:

Well, for vocabulary I use لایتنر of zabanshenas
It helps me a lot :+1::wink: and 4000 essential english words in the app
But for grammar I prefer to don’t think about grammars that much and memorize grammar rules

as AJ HOGE said : you will learn English like a native speaker you might not be able to explain grammar rules just like native speakers usually cannot explain grammar rules. but you will use it correctly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::upside_down_face::heart:

THANKS for your topic :sunglasses:

5 پسندیده

Good. <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Thank you. :))))

Thanks.

5 پسندیده

Hi there :grin::wave:

I guess we all were like that :sweat_smile:

Great choices :grin::+1:

That’s totally fine, actually

Well said :grin::ok_hand:

Thank you, for participating :rose:

3 پسندیده

Hi Matin

The reason for me studying English is that I really enjoy languages and learning them in general. But my introduction to English was at an early age was through movies, animations and music. So that got my attention at first.
I think borrowing word from other languages when you speak is ok, as long as it doesn’t make your speech clumsy or incomprehensible (I hope I have understood the , question correctly). Nevertheless, I really enjoy it when someone uses the words from the language they’re speaking rather than borrowing from others, because it shows they have a wide range and considerable control over the spoken language
I know a little it of French and German, but I would like to become fluent in them, as
well as Spanish.
I usually like to learn vocabulary and grammar implicitly and by reading or listening.
As for a universal language, I think it would be nice for people from all over the world to communicate, but the beauty of the varieties of different languages accompanied by the cultural flavor, is irreplaceable and amazing in my opinion

6 پسندیده