تمرین مکالمه زبان انگلیسی - دلیل زنده بودن و معنی زندگی

Speaking Challenge – To Life

Hello, everyone!
Let’s talk!

I’ve prepared some questions for you, and I want you guys to record yourself answering them.
So, as always, you can talk about it however you want, but if you need something to get you started, you can take a look at the questions below.
(BTW, you don’t need to answer all of the questions if you don’t want to!)

Questions:

1. What do you think is life all about? What’s the purpose?
  2. Do we need to believe in a higher power/powerful being to live?
  3. What gives you the will to live? What’s your biggest goal?
  4. Do you think there’s life after death?
  5. Would you like to live your same life all over again and be the same person?

Alright, good luck!
Have fun.

Song: “L’Chaim” (To Life) from “Fiddler on the Roof”

پرسش‌ها:
۱. به نظر شما هدف از زندگی چیست؟
۲. آیا برای بقا به نیرویی والا و وجودی برتر نیاز داریم؟
۳. چه چیزی به شما انگیزه‌ی زندگی کردن می‌دهد؟ بزرگ‌ترین هدف شما چیست؟
۴. آیا به نظر شما زندگی بعد از مرگ وجود دارد؟
۵. اگر دوباره فرصت زندگی کردن داشتید، حاضر بودید زندگی فعلی خود را تکرار کنید؟
۶. …

17 پسندیده

I believe Gandhi was right that the purpose of life is to serve.
I think my goal in my this life is learning and serving the others and making the world better, even very small
I believe in God and other world, but I dont think these beliefs are necesary for all.
And if i would have another life in this world, i like to experience another life

7 پسندیده

Hi :wave: :blush:

Thank you for listening :rose:

9 پسندیده

8 پسندیده

8 پسندیده

Hello there!

I’ve broken a record talking for 7 minutes flat, though it is mainly "ummmm"s and such. :neutral_face: :joy:

6 پسندیده

Hello, :blush::wave:
Welcome to the forum :rose::blush:

That’s a noble purpose :ok_hand:

Exactly :clap:

Thanks a lot, for participating :blush::rose:

3 پسندیده

Hi, Fatemeh :blush::wave:

1. 0:24 I hope so :grin:

2. 0:18 Totally agreed

3. Sure, I think the purpose is to enjoy your time

4. That’d be fascinating.

Thanks a lot for participating :blush::rose:

3 پسندیده

Hi, Raha :blush::wave:

1:02 Very beautiful :ok_hand::ok_hand: I believe that’s pretty much it :smile:

1:35 That’s even better than being a believer.

2:23 :rofl::rofl: That sums it up.
It’s not worth it.

Thank you so much for participating :blush::rose:

3 پسندیده

Welcome back :grin::rose:

0:35 That would be “perfect”.

0:55 Well, not necessarily.
I mean, not when your purpose is to enjoy your time :blush:

1:11 Oh, good luck with that :shamrock::crossed_fingers:

1:33 That would be great.

Sure, :blush::rose:
0:24) creature: kree’chr
0:39) live: lɪv
0:49) we don’t regret our sins. (you can omit “of”)

You’re totally welcome

2 پسندیده

Hello, Gisoo :blush::wave:

Well, that’s beautiful… but it’s a weak argument.
I mean, you draw because you need to. You feel that urge.
If God’s perfect… if he’s the source of all perfection, why is he feeling that need?
Being perfect and feeling the need to be proud of something or enjoying yourself at the same time doesn’t make sense.

2:17) Exactly :rofl:
But you need to know the answer.
We’re not looking for one correct answer. We’re looking for things that work for us.
And I think that’s necessary.

3:25) That’s a fact.

5:00) That’s really beautiful.

5:23) But how exactly? How can you be sure of something so unattestable like that?

5:40) When you’re watching a movie, you suddenly stop and ask, “What’s the point? It’s gonna end sometime.”?
Yes, it ends eventually, and no, it doesn’t make your life meaningless.
We don’t have to find “the one real meaning,” which, in my opinion, doesn’t exist (we’re basically talking about something imaginary based on nothing).

6:52) :rofl::rofl::rofl: So many "no"s there…
I believe you.

I enjoyed listening to you.

3 پسندیده

I totally understand why you think it doesn’t make sense because at first I thought along the same lines. See, what do you think “need” is? There is a difference when you want to do sth, and when you need to do sth. I need water, but I want to draw. Will I die if I do not draw? No, I won’t. According to this theory, he created us because he wanted to, not that he needed to.

I won’t say that I believe in this, but I can’t work up anything against it, so I won’t refuse it.

Well, if you mean that helps to find the things which help us to go through hard parts of life, I agree. Like Raha’s answer. But, I meant questioning our creation and such. In that sense, We merely seek solace and find it in life being nothing and for nothing.

I’m not sure, I simply want to believe it. I said I like to believe it, didn’t I? I don’t see why we all should have some sort of answer, proof or reason to believe in sth. You can’t live only and only acoording to facts. If it’s sth that makes sense to me, even if I’m alone in believing it, and I know that it will not do me any harm, does it really matter if I can prove it or not? can you prove there is only oblivion after death?

Everything in this world has some sort of meaning, Nothing is pointless. Our every single action has some sort of effect, how can sth like our lives have no outcome? You said, “art without meaning is garbage”, don’t you think that goes also for everything else? If there is only oblivion after death, then I can go off and just end it, right? Why bother? Isn’t it just a struggle?

When you write a page, it’s only predictable that I will write two, right? :sweat_smile:

2 پسندیده

I’m not talking about the necessity of it. I’m talking about that need.
He’s perfect. Why would we “want” to do something to “feel” better.
That’s the need I’m talking about.
I mean, that doesn’t seem perfect to me. That actually totally negates the whole perfect thing :joy:

Isn’t the answer right there in the word itself? Because we’re talking about “believing,” :grin: Why would you “believe” something with no evidence? I’m God, and I can’t prove it. Are you gonna believe me without any proof just because I’m not doing you any harm by saying that?

And I wasn’t talking about that.
That’s a whole other thing. Come on; I don’t want you to answer unasked questions :joy:

That’s the point. I never said that.
It’s about you.
I’m questioning your beliefs.

As I said, our lives wouldn’t be meaningless that way.
You can simply give your own meaning to your life. You define everything here. That’s how this world works. You’re here, you’re alive, you’re thinking… and all of a sudden somebody else, whom you don’t know and are not even sure exists, is going to give some meaning to YOUR life? And if he doesn’t, your life would be meaningless?
I don’t even understand how that would work.

:rofl::rofl: Of course.
Not at all unexpected.

2 پسندیده

Well, that depends on how you define “perfect”. The perfect you are referring to, is the perfect others have painted for you. I think by perfect, they mean his existence does not depend on anything.

What I mean is, there is no definite answer for these kind of questions. You may just pick one which makes sense to you, and go on with it, and you don’t have to give the whole world some sort of reason for believing it. It’s about me, not others. Go on and say that you’re “The Amighty”, if you like. You don’t have to make others believe it, too. So, you should ask yourself if you believe that or not. Not me.

And that’s MY point :joy:, why should you question my beliefs?

I don’t mean that. I mean don’t you think it should have some sort of outcome? We’ll just blink out?

That’s the difference there, we’re not talking about “life” we’re talikg why on earth do we exist? What? Is this some sort of game? Life, well yeah, there are plenty of reasons why, and they are different for each of us.

Again, I’m thinkg why should we be here. To what end? I’m here, questioning my existence. And besides, I never said

This.

I don’t think believing in god or sth gives life meaning. I even didn’t say if I believe in him or not. I said I believe we have a soul and there is a life after death.

2 پسندیده

I think we both know what perfect means.
You know, creating a humanlike god with human needs to satisfy, and assigning the adjective “perfect” to him, with personal definitions, does not give our lives any purpose*.

I’m not talking about giving explanations to the whole world.
You said, “I don’t see why we all should have some sort of answer, proof, or reason to believe in sth”
And I’m saying yes, we should have answers. Otherwise, it’s not sane. You can believe anything that way.

:rofl::rofl: Why don’t you answer my question? If it’s possible to believe in sth without any proof, why don’t you believe me?

:rofl: That’s how it works. I’m challenging your beliefs. I’m your doom.
That’s actually what I do when I feel comfortable with people.
I enjoy questioning people’s beliefs but it doesn’t mean that I have the “correct” answers in my pocket. I just want to sit and watch.
Don’t worry, I won’t do that anymore :grin:

Sometimes the correct answer is “I don’t know”.
Why would I believe in something that I can’t figure out when I can simply say “I don’t know”?

Well, you said that if there’s nothing after death, why are we here then?
Doesn’t that mean, without the expected “outcome” life would be meaningless?

2 پسندیده

I’m not saying it right. I mean that’s what “molas” say. :joy: I mean, I think if there is any, it’s not what they say. I mean, they say god is kind and blah-blah-blah, don’t we see the same qualities in human beings? Of course, we do. And according to what they say, that god poured some of his soul into us or whatever, that will only make sense. And I’m telling yooooouuuuuuu, we’ve got the purpose of our existence and life mixed up here. :joy:

My bad, then. I mean I can’t explain it, I just feel that there must be an outcome for this life. And again, I can’t prove we have a soul, “I’m just trusting my gut.” Are you satisfied? :joy: :roll_eyes:

Dear me…I’m just speechless :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No, really, I’m just saying things the wrong way.

Well, I just wanted to hear that.

91782fb2a7173f2d86d1ee9899aaf583

Well, that’s only reasonable.

Not life, our existence. :grin:

I had a good laugh over the whole thing, so, thank you. I may not be here for almost 9 months or so, and this rather made up for them. :rose:

2 پسندیده

Oh man :rofl: Are you kidding me?
What’s the difference between the state of being alive, and the state of existing, when it comes to humans?

Of course not, I knew that from the beginning :joy: Okay, let me put it this way, one more time, here we go:
You said, I don’t see why…
And I explained because it’s not sane.
Now, tell me, do you see why? :rofl::rofl: Or still, you don’t see why we need that?

What? :joy: When did it become about me!? When did I even talk about my beliefs!? I just asked why do YOU do that?

:joy::man_facepalming: Can you tell me the difference?

2 پسندیده

for comeback to god(1
2) yes of course
3) Achieve goals
4) Yes sure
5) not at all

:walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::walking_woman::joy::clap:t2:

4 پسندیده

Welcome to our challenge and thanks for your participation :grin::rose:

2 پسندیده

The purpose of life, is sth like what Raha said.
I’m questioning sth deeper, like why should we be here?
Ahh, see, I’m not gonna own to anything here, so let’s stop this crazy cycle.

Maybe I don’t want to be sane.

2 پسندیده