Describe Soccer

At least half of English is the ability to describe things! Here, let’s describe soccer that why is it so popular in the world, everywhere and for all.
دوستان خوبم سلام. حتما حالتون خوبه. با اندک تجربه ای که دارم می دونم که برای انگلیسی، توانایی توصیف پدیده ها یه must هستش. لذا اگه دوست داشتی فقط در یک یا دو بند، توصیف کن که چرا فوتبال اینقدر محبوبه. :dolls: :soccer: :dolls:
اگه خوب اومدین، می تونیم با موضوعات مختلف از توصیفات همدیگه لذت ببریم.

6 پسندیده

Why is football (soccer in North America, South Africa and Australia) so popular?

In my Idea, it’s because of many things. In this sport, the player has to do everything with his feet which makes it quite challenging. You have to manage a round object that does not have any tendency as to where and which direction to go. You cannot have any idea where exactly it will be in the next few seconds and yet you have to anticipate it. Therefore, the fluidity of the ball, the players and also the time is also challenging. It’s a game for everyone who would like to let off steam and give the ball a hell of a kick! and also the best aerobic sport in which you have an amusing reason to simply run. Nonetheless, beyond all these, I find football as one of the best modern phenomena that can peacefully gather people around.
ظاهرا خودم باید اول پاسخ می دادم :grinning:

2 پسندیده

Hey there!

When it comes to soccer- team play in general- I am completely neutral. They are not interesting to me. My friends, though, take those games too seriously. They adhere to almost all of the games. Sometimes during our gatherings they start talking about them for hours with such enthusiasm that I can’t help but think they might not survive a year without them. One time, I asked one of them to explain what makes soccer so fascinating to you. She said, ‘It’s just the sensation that it brings me. The game is full of crucial moments, and those moments leave me feeling really excited.’ And somehow, when you watch the game, knowing it’s not just you who’s watching it, but a lot of people around the world are watching the game as well and everyone’s excited like you. It’s like you’re involved with something universal." So, I think that from my friend’s perspective the popularity of the game is probably for the sake of that pleasant feeling it provokes in people.

3 پسندیده

I don’t need a reason to run. I run merely cuz I love to run.

3 پسندیده

Great. I enjoyed it. Thank you so much. And you have used descriptive words like: universal, fascinating, neutral, excited or exciting and so on. The narration (if this is the right word) is also amuzing. thank you

2 پسندیده

An article on the matter: Why Football Is So Popular Around the World | The Fox Magazine
Also: Reasons Why Football Is the Most Popular Sport in the World | Forza Italian Football

1 پسندیده

You’re welcome.