معنی help out چیه ؟ و با معنی help آیا فرق داره ؟

این تاپیک مربوط به «بررسی» در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» است. دوره «English Pod»، فصل «سطح ساده»، «4- I need an assistant!»

1 پسندیده

سلام،
به نظر می رسه از help out برای وقتی استفاده می شه که کمک یک فرد به فرد دیگه منظور باشه و برای کمک گرفتن از اشیاء نمی شه ایتفاده کرد. مثلا: برادرم در نوشتن گزارش به من کمک کرد. از help برای کمک گرفتن از اشیاء هم به کار می ره. مثلا: مطالب این کتاب به من خیلی کمک کرد.
اطلالات تکمیلی:

Lesson Transcript

Hi, everybody. Welcome back to Ask Alisha, the weekly series where you ask me questions and I answer them, maybe.
The first question comes from Karima. Hi, again, Karima. Karima says, “Hi, Alisha. Could you please tell me which one of these is correct if I want to emphasize an action in the past? ‘I did speak to him,’ or, ‘I did spoke to him.’? Thanks.” Yes. The correct answer here is “did speak.” When we’re using the word “do” for emphasis, we use “do” and then we use a simple present tense form of the verb that follows it. The verb coming after it, in this case, “speak,” should not change. Your second example, “I did spoke,” that would be incorrect. We don’t change that second verb, we only change the verb, “do,” “did” in this case. Let’s look at some more examples. “She doesn’t have time to meet you.” “I saw her schedule. She does have time.” That’s a present tense example, “do,” in this case, changes to does because the subject of the sentence is “she.” “She does have time.” “Does” emphasizes the fact that “she,” in this situation has time to meet with the speaker. Let’s look at one more example. “He didn’t give us a key to enter the building.” “But he did give us a passcode.” Okay. Here, we’re seeing a past tense example, in this case, “did give.” “Did” is past tense, and “give” is simple present tense. The speaker here wants to emphasize something that they received. Speaker A says, “He didn’t give us a key to enter the building,” but Speaker B wants to point out they got something else. The speaker wants to say he did give us something else, emphasizing this other thing that was given. We can use “do” or “did,” for past tense, to emphasize things in this way. You’ll also notice, as I did with my intonation, we emphasize that key word with our voice too. That makes it sound much more natural. I hope that this helps answer your question about using “do” as an emphasis word. Thanks very much for sending it along. Okay. Let’s move on to your next question.
Next question comes from Rubin. Hi, Rubin. Rubin says, “What’s the difference between ‘help’ and ‘help out’?” Okay. Let’s start by talking about “help out.” We use “help out” when we want to refer to one person doing something for another person to make life easier. It’s like someone is assisting or aiding in someone else’s life, and we can only use “help out” to talk about actions done by other people. This is a key difference with the verb “help.” Because this is used only to talk about people, we can’t use this for objects. That means an object cannot help out. An object cannot help me out with something. Let’s look at some natural examples of using “help out.” “My parents helped me out with the paperwork when I bought my first car.” “Do you think you can help us out with this week’s homework?” In both of these example sentences, we see the sample pattern, “help out” with noun phrase. In this case, we’ve seen “help me out with,” or, “help us out with.” Between “help” and “out,” we’re splitting that verb, the phrasal verb there, and we’re inserting the object, who is receiving the assistance, in that case. In the first example sentence, “help me out with this thing.” “Help me out with paperwork.” In the second example sentence, it’s “help us out with homework.” The person receiving help is going in between “help” and “out” there. Help someone out with. “With” introduces that thing that the person needs assistance doing. Let’s compare this, then, to the verb “help.” Like “help out,” we can use “help” to talk about receiving assistance for something, yes, but unlike “help out,” we can also use objects with this verb. That means inanimate something. Inanimate means it doesn’t move. It’s just an object, like a textbook or a camera. These are things that are not people. These things can also help us. By that, I mean they make our life easier, they make our job easier or our studies easier. We can use objects with the verb, “help.” Let’s look at a few examples. “This textbook really helped me understand English.” “My friends helped me move in to my new house.” “Can you help us make dinner?” When we use the verb “help,” without “out,” we follow the verb “help” with the object of that verb. That means the person who is receiving assistance, the person receiving aid. Then, we follow that with the action, the thing that was assisted, or the thing that was made easier for that person. In the first example sentence, “This textbook helped me,” the person receiving help, “understand English.” That’s the thing that was made easier in some way. In the last example sentence, a question, “Can you help us make dinner?” “Us,” that’s the person or the people, in this case, needing assistance. The thing they need assistance with is dinner. To help with something. Remember, you can use “help out” for people, but you can’t use it to talk about things. We can use “help” to talk about people and to talk about things. I hope that this helps you understand the difference between these verbs. Thanks very much for the question. Okay. Let’s move on to your next question.

3 پسندیده