Films and series we enjoy!

Hello everyone, let’s write about films and series we enjoy.

7 پسندیده

Nomadland_(Jessica_Bruder)

Nomadland is a film that explores the lives of modern-day nomads who travel across the American West in their vans. It is based on a book by Jessica Bruder and directed by Chloé Zhao. The film stars Frances McDormand as Fern, a widow who loses her job and home after the Great Recession and decides to join the nomadic community. Along the way, she meets other nomads who share their stories, struggles and joys with her. The film also features real-life nomads playing fictionalized versions of themselves, such as Linda May, Swankie and Bob Wells. Nomadland is a film that celebrates the resilience, independence and spirit of the nomads, while also showing the challenges and hardships they face. The film won several awards, including the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival and three Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actress.

11 پسندیده

Barry
is an American comedy dark crime drama television series created by alec berg and bill hader
on March 25, 2018, and concluded on May 28,2023
after four seasons and 32 episodes

Barry, who kills to earn a living, discovers the joy of acting while he is looking for his target.Surprisingly, he loves it so much that he is ready to leave his old life behind
but he understands that
it is not going to be easy…

If you can bear to see the reality of life, pain, confession, violence and murder
Watch it and enjoy

11 پسندیده

6 undergrouds
It’s a very very attractive flick that i saw to now
BTW, our own actor play in this movie too
Mr. Peyman Maadi
This flick is a action movie about 6 persons that want to making peace on a town
These guys apparently died in the past
I suggest you to watch this movie and enjoy

9 پسندیده

Hello…
Thank you for making this topic.

Isaw the movie “Leila’s Brother” a few weeks ago…! Although this movie got a lot of fuss.but in my opinion it is worth watching!

You know…! It’s about a strong girl(Traneh Alidosti)who wants to fix everything…

On the other hand, he has an authoritarian and dreamer father with absurd beliefs…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

And unemployed brothers who live like good potatoes… like many others. But they respect their parents, which we don’t see because of Leila’s beliefs.
It is a black social film with a strong cast…

11 پسندیده

What happens when a marriage is put to the ultimate test? That’s the question that Scenes from a Marriage tries to answer in this riveting mini series that updates the masterpiece by Ingmar Bergman for today’s world. Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain play Jonathan and Mira, a couple who seem to have it all, until they don’t. As they navigate the highs and lows of their relationship, they face the challenges of changing times, shifting roles and personal crises. With a brilliant script and direction by Hagai Levi and a stellar supporting cast that includes Nicole Beharie, Corey Stoll and Tovah Feldshuh, Scenes from a Marriage is a mini series that will make you laugh, cry and think about the meaning of love.

9 پسندیده

I love the movie The Family Man 2000 for several reasons but the most important one is the contrast it tries to pull out by putting its protagonist into two different pathways in his life; the one that he have already chosen and the one he could’ve chosen long long time ago. Through this contrast, it seeks to show the importance of values in life and how prioritizing your life based on them leads to a more satisfactory result.

7 پسندیده

Dickinson is a comedy-drama series that takes you on a journey into the life and mind of the young poet, who dared to challenge the norms of her 19th century society and express her true self through her words. Starring Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Dickinson, the series mixes historical accuracy with contemporary flair, featuring a diverse cast of characters, a modern soundtrack, and a humorous tone. Dickinson explores issues such as gender roles, sexual identity, artistic expression, and social change, while also showing the personal struggles and joys of Emily and her loved ones. Discover how Emily became one of the most original and influential voices in American literature, and how she changed the world with her poetry. Dickinson is a series that celebrates the power of poetry and the courage of being yourself.

6 پسندیده

:smiling_face_with_tear:Oh I like this movie
I cried after i saw this film
It was so sadly
BTW the interesting subject in this story is that some people understand the Leila’s do but some people don’t believe it and they say she had to respect her parents
And between these the film’s story is little ambiguous.
But it’s so beautiful and honestly again
some years this movie couldn’t play in cinema because couldn’t take broadcast license

5 پسندیده

I completely agree with you… :ok_hand:

Can we discuss movies or not? (Just to share and like as a bot) @yektaamir

3 پسندیده

Yes, of course you can. It would add more excitement to this topic.

2 پسندیده

I watched this mini series last night. I couldn’t get it. Couldn’t relate to its characters one tiny bit. Now I wanna know what love is, and how it differs from passion.

5 پسندیده

This series aims to challenge your views on love and what it truly entails. It is not a simple question that can be easily answered. I think that to grasp the essence of love, one must experience it firsthand. It is like trying to describe the color yellow to someone who was born without sight.

However what I can say is that Love is a complex and powerful emotion that has many facets and dimensions. It is hard to define because it is subjective, evolving, and contextual. What love means to one person may not be the same as what it means to another. Love also changes over time and across different situations. Love is not a fixed or static concept, but a dynamic and fluid one. Therefore, love is difficult to define because it is not a simple or singular phenomenon, but a multifaceted and multidimensional one.

6 پسندیده

Alright. So love is subjective and can’t be defined in words to someone who’s never experienced it. But what about passion? How can you tell that what you’re experiencing is not love but passion?

4 پسندیده

You can tell that what you’re experiencing is not love but passion if your feelings are intense, sexual, and short-lived. Passion is a state of longing and attraction for another person, but it does not involve respect, trust, or intimacy. Passion may fade over time or when obstacles arise, whereas love is more stable, deep, and enduring. Therefore, if your feelings are based on physical desire and excitement, and not on mutual understanding and care, you may be experiencing passion and not love.

6 پسندیده

The Side Effects movie has a striking story that will keep you on the edge of your seat right from the beginning. It explores the dangerous side effects of prescription drugs and the lengths to which people will go to get what they want.

Without giving too much away, the movie tells the story of a young woman deeply in love with her husband who begins taking a new prescription medication to treat her depression, but soon finds herself experiencing unexpected and frightening side effects. As her behavior becomes more erratic and dangerous, her doctor becomes convinced that sth’s deeply wrong. He tries to uncover the truth behind all this only to be driven down a dark and dangerous path.

With its clever twists and turns, subtle performances and sharp direction, Side Effects is a stimulating and intense thriller which will call into question the very nature of truth and deceit. If you’re a fan of suspenseful cinema, this is one movie you won’t want to miss!

6 پسندیده

Fleabag is a British comedy-drama series created and written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who also stars as the main character. The show is based on her one-woman play of the same name that premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2013. The series follows Fleabag, a witty, sarcastic, and sexually adventurous woman living in London, as she deals with grief, family, relationships, and her own flaws. The show is known for its dark humor, breaking the fourth wall, and exploring themes such as feminism, sexuality, and mental health. The series has two seasons, each consisting of six episodes. The show has received critical acclaim and numerous awards, including six Primetime Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and a British Academy Television Award.

5 پسندیده

WALL-E
WALL-E is a movie about a robot named WALL-E who falls in love with another
robot named EVE.
The Earth has been ruined and is full of trash, and all humans live on a spacecraft.
WALL-E is one of the robots that organizes the trash and is alone on Earth.
EVE is sent from the spacecraft to search for signs of life on Earth.

6 پسندیده

“Silver Linings Playbook” is a refreshing and emotionally charged romantic comedy that explores mental illness in a meaningful and authentic way. The movie tells the story of Pat, a man with bipolar disorder who is trying to reconcile with his wife after a violent episode leads to a court-mandated hospitalization. Along the way, he meets Tiffany, a candid and independent woman with her own mental health struggles. Shortly afterwards, they find themselves drawn to one another despite their different personalities. Together, they discover that their shared struggles with mental health are not something to be ashamed of, but rather a part of who they are. This movie will make you laugh, cry, and ultimately believe in the healing power of human connection. It’s a movie that reminds us that life is messy and imperfect, but that it’s also full of unexpected joys and second chances.

P.S. I just loved the ending. It was like telling the world, “Kiss my ass, bitch! I can be awful in what I do and still be happier than the ones whose works are superior.”

6 پسندیده

Hello my friends
I have a question.
When you are watching a movie, do you understand all the conversations? Or sometimes it’s necessary to refer to subtitles or dictionary.

1 پسندیده