دوره ویدئویی آموزشی انگلیسی عمیق با موضوع « تکنولوژی»

سلام به دوستان عزیز.

موضوع امروز " تکنولوژی" هستش. در این درس آقای ارون کمپیل به شما افعال عبارتی و اصلاحات مرسوم که مربوط به تکنولوژی میشن رو آموزش می دن.

افعال عبارتی

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/Technology%20English/Lesson%201%20-%20Technology%20English%20-%20Phrasal%20Verbs.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

برای دیدن متن ویدئو اینجا بزنید

Technology English – Phrasal Verbs

Hi everyone. In this video, I’m going to talk about some phrasal verbs that are very useful when talking about technology, specifically, internet technology. So, let’s get started.

First, if you sit down and you want to use the internet, you have to turn on your device or if you’re using a computer, you must start up your computer. And then, when you go to use the internet, sometimes you have to log on first to the internet. Most devices automatically log you on to the internet but in some cases, you must manually log on to the internet. Or go online, right? Does your device automatically allow you to go online or must you manually do it?

One thing you’ll need to do for many websites, including our website if you’re a member, you need to log in to the member’s area. You need to log in to the website by entering a username and a password. Another way to say this is to sign in, but usually we use log in.

Now, on our website and on most websites, there are links to different areas of the website or links outside the website and you can click on those links to go to the next area and if the site has many links, you can click around. You can click many different links, you click around. We urge our members to click around the member’s area to see what’s there. And every link points to a location. So, wherever that link is pointing, you can click on it and it points to the end website that you are going to end up on. And actually, what’s interesting is if you hover over that link, that means take your mouse and control your cursor to just hover over the link without actually clicking on it, you can see in the very bottom of your browser, if you’re using a computer, you can see the link to which you can see the URL to which the link is pointing, right? It’s pointing to a URL and that’s where you’ll end up, right?

So, that’s hover over, that’s very useful as well.

Now, when you’re on a website, there are different actions you can take. Right now, I’m on the Deep English website with my phone here and I can scroll down, right, to go down the page. I can scroll up or scroll back up the page if I want to. Other things I can do is I can zoom in, right, to get it closer, or I can zoom out to go far away. Zoom in, zoom out.

Actually, on our website, we for new users, new visitors, we have a mailing list signup where people can sign up or they can opt in. Opt means to choose, so it’s to opt in to something means to join it, to choose to join it, or to join by choice. They can take our free 7-day course by opting in on this form and after they finish the course, they can opt out of the course or opt out of the mailing list by unsubscribing, right? To separate yourself from what you joined, right? To join, to separate. Opt in, opt out like this. And some of these opt in forms actually pop up on the screen. I don’t think on our website they do, maybe they do, I haven’t checked recently but on a lot of websites, these opt in forms will pop out or pop up on the screen. Pop up or pop out.

So those are all very interesting and useful phrasal verbs to use when talking about a website.

Now, in our member’s area, right, you have to log in to it and you’ll need to enter in, or type in, or put in your email and your password and when you type in a password, you should choose a password that is not easy for people to guess, right? It should be somewhat difficult and that’s safer because otherwise, someone might hack into your information or hack into your account and use that account as if they were you. And that’s very important, especially if you are doing online banking or something like that, you don’t want someone to hack into your account and spend your money like this.

Now, if your device, your mobile device or your computer is running very slowly, it might be because you are using up a lot of memory. And in that case, you’ll need to free up space or free up memory by deleting applications that you’re no longer using or deleting large files like movies or audio that you don’t need anymore, right? That way you can free up space because it’s currently being used up by those large files.

Now, one thing you can do is you can back up your files by saving them in a different location. That way, if your computer ever crashes or goes down, you can recover that information. You can recover those files if you have backed them up. And for text files, another way to save them, to back them up, is to print them out. So, you can print out text files and keep them in a physical location, not just a digital one.

That phrasal verb go down, we often use that with websites. Websites sometimes go down.

Last month, our website went down suddenly and we had to take immediate action to get it back up. So it can go down and you’ve got to get it back up after it goes down. So, the website goes down, we get it back up, the website goes back up, like this.

And then when you’re finished, when you’re finished using your mobile phone or using the computer, you should probably sign out of the websites that you’re on for safety reasons.

Another way to say that is to log out, and that’s more common. You log out or sign out of your website or whatever you’re using that has a username and password. Also, you can go offline by logging off the computer. And you’ll need to shut down your device when you’re finished using it or simply put, turn it off, like this, okay?

So, those are a bunch of diffe

افعال عبارتی ای که در این ویدئو موجود هستند + معنی فارسی اینجا بزنید

turn on: روشن کردن

start up your computer: بالا آوردن کامپیوتر

log on: ورود به شبکه

go online: آنلاین شدن

sign in : ورود به حساب کاربری

click around: ور رفتن با لینک ها

hover over: روی لینک نگه داشتن

اصطلاحات خیابانی

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/Technology%20English/Lesson%203%20-%20Technology%20English%20-%20Slang.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

Technology English - Slang

Hi, there. In this video I’m going to speak with you about some slang terms that are very common and very useful that are connected to technology. Especially Internet technology or modern technology. So let’s get started.

Techie, a techie. A techie is a person who is extremely knowledgeable and capable of technology. They know everything about technology. Do you know any techies? People who are just, they’re the kind of person that you ask questions to when you don’t understand or you go to for advice about technology. And they always seem to know what the latest thing is, and they know how to solve any kind of computer problem or technology problem.

They’re just geniuses of technology, a techie. Do you know any techies? Maybe you’re a techie. I’m certainly not a techie, but I know a little bit about technology.

Another way to say this might be a tech guru. A tech guru is someone who is very wise. Guru means teacher, right? So someone very wise, someone very knowledgeable about technology is a tech guru, right? Who is your tech guru? Who’s the person you go to with technology related questions, right?

Okay, the next one is click bait. You’ll hear this one, click bait. Click bait is something on a website. It’s usually in the form of an advertisement or some kind of article that is really attractive. It makes you want to click on it. But what it leads you to when you click on it is someone trying to sell you something. And generally, the thing they’re trying to sell you, it may have value, but in many cases it doesn’t have value. And that’s click bait. And the reason that people are putting these very attractive, very shocking images that they want you to click on, or making very strong claims about something, is because their intention is only to make money, only. That’s called click bait. Bait is what we use to put on a hook when we’re trying to catch a fish, right? So click bait, they’re trying to catch your click because your click is worth money to them.

Recently, there have been many fake news stories put out on Facebook and distributed through Twitter, et cetera, and that’s click bait. That’s all it is is click bait. The stories are actually untrue, but they make money off the stories by getting people to click on the link that takes them to the news story. So that’s click bait. Don’t click on click bait, okay? And learn to recognize click bait when you see it. It won’t lead you to a real article or a real product and service. It’ll just lead you to somewhere where someone’s just making money from your click.

Another type of Internet-based scam is called phishing. Speaking of bait. Phishing, but it’s not spelled with an F. It’s spelled with a P-H. And phishing is similar but maybe a little bit worse than click bait. And that is when someone sends you an email that looks like it’s from your bank or it looks like it’s from your email provider saying that there’s some kind of problem with your account. And when you click on it, it takes you to their website, which is actually a fake website. It’s not really your bank’s website, but it looks exactly the same.

Because you can copy Internet websites pretty easily. And when you enter your password information, which they obviously ask you to do, you think you’re logging into your bank, but what you’re actually doing is giving them the password to your bank, the criminal, and that person will immediately take your password and go to your bank, use it, take all your money, and they’re done. That’s called phishing. So watch out for those. You should always look at the URL. When you click on a link in an email, look at the URL at the top and make sure it’s a legitimate URL, that it’s not a fake website. Otherwise, you’re putting yourself at risk from phishing, right?

Link rot, speaking of links. Link rot is another slang term, and you’ve probably experienced this. This is what happens to a website when it goes unattended for an extended period of time. It suffers from link rot. Rot is when, you know, things like, well, any kind of organic matter like food or wood, over time it starts to rot. It starts to decompose. It starts to break down. And the same thing, that similar idea, you can apply to a website whose links, the actual links, when you click on those links they go to a blank page, or they go to a website that no longer exists, or you get some kind of error message. Because over time, the links, basically a link is a way to get you to go to a URL. Well, those websites over time, they change. URLs change, URLs disappear, and in order to prevent link rot from affecting your website, you need to change the links. So that’s called link rot, right? If you ever hear that, that’s what it means, link rot. Yeah, it happens. And that’s how you can tell if a website is being maintained or not, according to how much link rot there is.

Okay, so now that we’re on the topic of the Internet, another slang term you’ll hear is netiquette, netiquette. And this comes from the words net, or Internet, and etiquette.

Etiquette means the way that you should be acting. The social norms of how to conduct yourself on the Internet. That’s called netiquette. So if you’re behaving well, and you’re treating other people with respect, and you’re not saying crazy things or making people upset, you’re behaving in a normal, good way that helps keep relationships good. But not everyone behaves that way.

For example, you might have, if you’re on a forum or in the comments section or in the social network, you might have a troll, someone who’s there just to, you know, say negative things or cause trouble by writing things that are mean. Of course, an actual troll is kind of a monster, so if there’s a troll on a website, it’s a person who’s acting as if they were a monster. Acting in a very bad way and not a very kind way.

Another thing that happens in discussion forums is you might have a flamer or someone who flames others. And to flame on an Internet website or to flame in a discussion forum is to purposely write inflammatory things. Of course, you imagine inflammatory, or you know, a fire going. You even hear about this in terms of flame wars where people are purposely writing things in order to make others angry. In order to upset others. Sometimes trolls also flame.

But you should be careful about what you write, especially how it might be interpreted, because how you might say it in real life, you know, doesn’t come across in text. So text can be very easily misunderstood. That’s happened to me many times. I write something. It’s not really what I meant, and the other person read it the wrong way. My intention was not to flame, but that’s actually what happened, right, on a number of occasions. So you have to be very careful the way you write things in text. Anyway, people who are not careful, they’re flamers. They start flame wars, right? So no flaming. Don’t do that, it’s bad netiquette, like this.

Okay, another recent, fairly recent slang term that you’ll hear is used to describe a kind of business model that’s related to software apps and it’s called freemium. You’ll hear this, it’s freemium software. It’s a freemium app. It’s a freemium business model. And what that means is it’s a piece of software that’s free. It’s free to use, but once you start using it, you receive offers for, you know, upgrades or better applications within the app that increase your experience of using it, and you have to pay for those. There’s a game, a very popular app called Candy Crush where you move around colors. It’s very addictive and very easy to learn, and it’s kind of, it’s fun. But as you play it you realize, oh, well, if you want to get more gold bars or you want to get more lives or more special candies or whatever, you have to pay for them. And I started using an Internet-based exercise app recently, and it runs on my smartphone. And it’s a freemium app, meaning that it’s free to use. And I learned some things from it, but if I pay extra, I can get added value like this. So that’s the freemium model, which seems to be working quite well for many companies.

Wearables is another recent term that has come to my attention, and I’ve started to hear it more and more. A wearable, actually comes from the verb to wear, and a wearable is a piece of technology that you wear, right? And you’ll probably start seeing more and more of this as time goes on, but I’m thinking of like Google Glass, which are those glasses you can wear where you can see, you know, information floating in front of you. You can see images and videos as if there were a screen there, but there’s actually no screen. Or the smart watches, right? Those, what’s it called, an Apple Watch? You can wear those. And a lot of these devices these days that have GPS and have some sort of intelligent functionality, those are wearables.

So this is technology that you can actually wear.

Another one that I started hearing more and more of is actually kind of an interesting one, dumbphone. A dumbphone. What is a dumbphone, right? And I think this is a really interesting piece of slang, because it sort of describes something that we used to have a different name for, and the reason that it has changed and become a slang term is because of the advance in technology.

Let me give you an example. Long ago there were watches, right? Like, you know, this is a watch. And people used to carry watches in their pocket, right? But they were just called watches, and then eventually the wrist watch, a watch that you actually wear on your wrist was invented, and they started calling these wrist watches. But in order to differentiate what used to be known as a watch started being called a pocket watch. So we had wrist watches and pocket watches. So it used to be called a watch, then it was called a pocket watch after technology. And now we have these smart watches, and so, the wrist watch is now a dumb watch, (laughs) right? It becomes a dumb watch, which is the opposite of smart. This is a dumb watch. It’s still a wrist watch, but people might start calling this a dumb watch, just like they call a normal telephone a dumbphone, right?

I have a dumbphone right here. It’s very dumb, actually. See? A dumbphone. So that’s, oops, I dropped something. A dumbphone is now that we have mobile phones and smartphones, especially smartphones, people could call that a dumbphone. Just like email, right? We used to receive mail. Mail was letters that arrived at your house. But after email, electronic mail, became common, now we call normal mail snail mail, because it’s so slow, right, to get to the end destination, like a snail is crawling. So you can send an email, or you can send a snail mail. Send it by snail mail like this. So yeah, it’s funny how the advances in technology can change what we used to call in a different way because of the new technology that has come out. I just find that very interesting.

Okay, one more before we go, and that is digital detox. Digital detox, right? Detox comes from the, the verb to detox or detoxify. The noun would be detoxification. Toxic means poisonous, or, you know, dirty, poisonous, bad. And to detox means to take away the poison.

To take away the dirt. The mud, the thing that’s toxic, right? Just poisonous, not good, not healthy

So we often when we use the term detox we’re talking about abstaining from something poisonous. Usually it’s drugs or alcohol. If you’re addicted to alcohol, and you want to get rid of that addiction, you have to detox. If you’re addicted to a drug, a heavy drug, and you can’t stop taking that drug, you’re going to die. So you have to first detox. You have to completely get it out of your system and allow your system to heal. That’s called a detox.

And now some people are addicted to technology. They’re addicted to the Internet. It disturbs their sleep. It disturbs their personal relationships. It’s a real addiction for some people, and they need to detox. They need to get it out of their system. They have to stop using it. They need a digital detox. And you’ll often hear, you know, people who, like myself for example, I use a lot of technology. I do spend a lot of time, probably too much time, on the Internet, and sometimes I just need to have a digital detox. I just need to get away from the Internet for a day or two, and, you know, just collect my thoughts or do something completely different out in nature or do some things with my family or spend time with my friends and just digital detox. Just get away from the Internet for a few days to allow my mind to sort of recover from it. So that’s a digital detox. You should give yourself a digital detox at least once a month, right? Or once a week, even. That’d be great, one day week, digital detox.

Okay, we’re out of time, and that’s the end of this video. I hope you found at least some of these useful.

اصطلاحات خیابانی که در این ویدئو موجود هستند + معنی فارسی اینجا بزنید

techie: یک شخص که به تکنولوژی تسلط دارد

tech guru: شخصی که در تکنولوژی مهارت بسیاری دارد.

click bait: آگهی یا مطلبی اقوا کننده در وبسایت که به منظور کسب پول ساخته می شوند و هیچ ارزشی ندارند.

phishing: دام هکر ها، لینکی که مردم رو آن کلیک می کنند و به دام هکر ها میوفتند.

flamer: به کسی گفته میشه که در یک وبسایت مردم رو عصبی کنه با کامنت هاش.

freemium: نرم افزار یا اپلیکیشنی که رایگانه

اصطلاحات و ضرب المثل ها

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/Technology%20English/Lesson%202%20-%20Technology%20English%20-%20Idioms.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

Technology English - Idioms

Technology idioms is the topic of this video. I want to introduce some idiomatic phrases that are in some way related to technology and that are both useful and common.

The very first one is reinvent the wheel. As we all know the wheel is a very simple basic piece of technology. It’s round, it’s simple. But so many things have been built upon that technology. So that idea of taking something that someone else invented and making it better, or building upon it or building from it, to come up with something new and useful, is considered a positive thing. But, if you kind of waste your time, and energy and money doing the same thing that’s already been done, you’re not really contributing anything new. And so you’ll hear people say, oh you’re just wasting your time, don’t reinvent the wheel. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, it’s already been done, do something new, do something innovative, like this.

An example might be a graduate student working on their PhD and they do their research and they spend lots and lots of time doing it, only to find out, that research has already been done, so they’ve just reinvented the wheel. They didn’t provide anything new, that researcher should have read more around the topic in order to understand what’s been done before and then build on that research, like this.

So don’t reinvent the wheel. You’re often hear this in a negative way, don’t reinvent the wheel, do something new, or build upon something that’s already been done. Okay, that’s the first one, reinvent the wheel.

Now, from the wheel, machines have been created, right, machines. And you’ll hear the idiomatic expression, well-oiled machine. A well-oiled machine is something that works really efficiently and really well and accomplishes the purpose for which it was designed, effortlessly, flawlessly and in a really efficient way. It’s a well-oiled machine.

Race cars are well-oiled machines. Usain Bolt is a well-oiled machine, like this, right. Or maybe you know someone who does something really well, really efficiently, they’re real professional at it, they are a well-oiled machine. Or maybe there’s a system within a company or within a school and that is a well-oiled machine, it’s been developed for many years, all of the inefficiencies have been corrected and now it’s a well-oiled machine, it’s worth investing in, it’s worth getting involved in, like this. It’s a well-oiled machine, that’s a good idiom to use.

Now another machine that’s quite well-oiled is a watch, right, a Swiss watch or a Japanese watch, or something like this. Those are well-oiled machines but if you hold them up to your ear, it’s very quiet but I can hear it ticking, it ticks. And I wonder to myself, what makes this watch tick?

So that’s the next idiom, make something tick. What makes it tick? Right, and basically that means what are the underlying causes behind something, some kind of phenomenon or the way that something is done. What are the causes? What makes it tick? See I can’t, I don’t know what makes this tick, I can’t open it up, it’s very thin and it’s tight and I can’t see what is actually making it tick so I just have to imagine what makes this tick, like this.

Let me give you an example, maybe you have a friend, let’s call your friend George, and George is a nice guy but he’s really odd, he does strange things, he has odd ways of thinking and you can’t really understand what makes him tick. You don’t understand why he decides to do the things that he does, or why he makes the decisions he does, you just don’t know what makes him tick. What makes him tick? We need to study this guy and find out what makes him tick.

Or maybe there’s a business in your area of the world that continuously puts out these amazing innovative products and they do such a good business and you wonder what makes that company tick? What makes them tick? Is it skillful management that makes them tick? Is it a group of innovative thinkers that makes them tick? What makes that company tick?

What makes them do the excellent work that they do?

So if you want to find out the causes of something you can find out what makes it tick just like this watch. What makes it tick? I have no idea.

Okay, next one is push someone’s buttons. Buttons are on a machine, lots of machines have buttons. Your computer probably has a button on it. But to push someone’s buttons means to provoke them or arouse them, to stir up the passion in them. And usually when you push someone’s buttons you’re making them angry, generally speaking. You can push someone’s buttons to make them angry or make them very passionate about something. It could be used in a sexual way and it would still have meaning, but generally speaking when you push someone’s buttons, you’re causing them to get upset or excited or angry.

For example, there’s a teacher I know that I work with and if I start talking about the administration that really pushes his buttons, he gets upset quickly, right, 'cause he doesn’t like the administration. So if I’m around him and I want to see him get excited I’ll say, hey, you know, the administration, I just got an email from the administration and they’re asking us to do more work, that’ll set him off and really push his buttons.

Probably there’s someone in your life who really pushes your buttons, gets you upset by the things that they do or the things that they say. It pushes your buttons, or he pushes your buttons, she pushes your buttons, like this.

Okay, the next one is blow a fuse. Blow a fuse, this comes from electricity. And a fuse is that thing that it’s kind of like a little doorway and it allows electricity to flow through it. But if the electricity gets too strong or too intense, the fuse will break and it will cut the electricity, it’s a safety measure so if there’s a big surge of electricity, your fuse will get blown, blown apart or blown up and all the lights will go out, all your appliances will go out and that’s a safety measure to prevent fires. But if a person blows a fuse it means that they get explosively angry quickly. So if you push someone’s buttons enough, they might blow a fuse, and get really angry and start shouting, or get really angry and start trying to hit people or throwing objects around the room. Hopefully you don’t do that when you blow a fuse but that’s what happens when people get angry, they blow a fuse. When was the last time you blew a fuse? And what caused you to blow a fuse? Like this.

There’s another technology related idiom that uses also the verb to blow and that’s to blow off steam. And of course, steam was a part of technology, I think of old train engines, train locomotives that used steam to drive the train. A lot of old factories used steam to move the big machinery. And to blow off steam means to get rid of some steam. So if you imagine inside your head there’s lots of steam and if you release it, it (exhaling sharply) comes out, it blows, blowing off the steam. And this basically means to release tension, to release your anger, to release your stress, you blow off steam. What do you do to blow off steam? Well when you’re angry there are different things you can do to blow off steam. One thing you can do is you could punch a pillow. Another thing you could do to blow off steam is to do deep breathing exercises. Everybody has different ways of blowing off steam. Some people go and exercise, they lift weights to blow off steam. Other people go out drinking and they go gambling to blow off steam. Or others just take a walk in the forest to blow off steam. What do you do to blow off steam when you’re stressed or angry or upset?

Now, we’re back to buttons again. Buttons on a machine, to hit the panic button is another idiom I think that’s useful. And this basically means to take some kind of emergency action or to take some kind of quick, immediate action when there’s an emergency situation. Or to act very quickly without thinking, to respond to some kind of panic or some kind of high tension situation, so you hit the panic button. You imagine a big red button and you’re not supposed to press this button unless it’s an emergency, it’s a panic button and when you hit it things happen.

Like to give you an example of how this might be used, I have a friend Susan and for many, many years Susan she was interested in starting a family one day but she was never in a big hurry. She dated different guys but nothing really worked out and it didn’t bother her because life was long and then one day she turned 36 and she hit the panic button. She realized one day, she woke up and realized that her biological clock was ticking and she needed to get into a serious relationship quickly so that she could have children and have enough time to have children and so she hit the panic button. And she immediately put all of her energy into finding Mr. Right, you know, the perfect husband and that’s all she talked about, she hit the panic button. She did everything she could to find the right, the right husband, the right father for her children. Like this.

Have you ever hit the panic button in your life? Suddenly taken action because of emergency circumstances? Or because of a feeling of anxiety or panic? Some of us have probably hit the panic button in our lives. We hit the panic button at Deep English whenever there is, when our website goes down or if there’s a big technical problem on our website we have to immediately stop whatever we’re doing, hit the panic button and we go into recovery mode.

We need to figure out how to get that website back up, how to solve the problem that we’re having. We hit the panic button. We call each other, we email each other, we get on the phone with the server administrator and we try to figure out what the problem is. Hit the panic button.

Okay, let’s move on to on one’s radar. Radar, right, radar, it’s those screens that you can see, you often see them in, airline traffic controllers use radar or pilots that are flying planes use radar, it’s a way to actually see what’s out there using I guess they’re sound waves or radar waves, some kind of form of energy that bounces off of objects that are out there and comes back and you can see it on a screen. So if it’s on your radar, it means you are aware of it. So what’s on your radar?

Someone might ask me, hey, there is a new job out there that has, they’re looking for someone just like you. You might say, yeah, okay, I know that, I already heard about it, it’s on my radar. It’s on my radar, I already know about it. Like this. So if something is on your radar, it means you are aware of it. It’s on your radar.

Also related to the form of energy, speaking of energy waves or radar waves, is to be on the same wavelength as another person. We’re on the same wavelength. So to be on the same wavelength as someone means you have very similar ways of thinking, that you have a good understanding with another person, you’re on the same wavelength, you’re thinking the same way, you’re feeling the same way about something.

There are big changes taking place in Tom’s corporation, in his business and many people are nervous about those changes but Tom and his staff, they’re all on the same wavelength, they’re thinking about responding to these changes in the same way and so that makes them feel a little bit more comfortable about the changes that are taking place because everyone is on the same wavelength. But there’s someone in a different department within the company who’s not on the same wavelength. His name is Frank and he’s really nervous about it and he disagrees with Tom and his staff about it, they’re not on the same wavelength, they have lots of conflict about it. So to be on the same wavelength means to think and feel in similar ways.

Who are you on the same wavelength with?

Okay, just a few more. The next one is to get your wires crossed. To cross wires, to get your wires crossed. What does that mean? Well, think about it in terms of the technology of the telephone. If you have a telephone and you make a call you are essentially using your voice to send a message to someone in a different physical location through a wire. And if that wire is unbroken, your message will go all the way through to the end receiver of the message and they can hear you and that’s how you communicate. But imagine that there’s another telephone wire that crosses that wire and causes the communication that you’re sending to go to a different recipient and the communication you are supposed to receive comes from a different, suddenly there’s a mass confusion, right, and the message you want to send may not end up in the right place because the wires are crossed and that confuses communication. So any time you get your wires crossed with another person, it means you lack understanding, there’s some kind of confusion, some kind of breakdown in the communication that causes misunderstanding and poor communication. So to get your wires crossed.

Sometimes this happens, you get your wires crossed. You try to communicate something to someone and they hear something different than what you were trying to tell them and based on that, they take actions that were not intended, you did not want them to take those actions, and it causes trouble and your wires get crossed. Somehow it just didn’t, the communication didn’t work well. And that can lead to conflict when you get your wires crossed with someone. Okay, so to get your wires crossed means to lack good understanding, to lack good communication, confusion.

Alright, finally, pull the plug, that’s the last idiom, pull the plug. To pull the plug means to end, right, if you imagine any kind of technology device, whether it’s a television, a refrigerator, a computer, it’s plugged into the wall, right. It uses a plug to get the electricity it needs and when you pull the plug you cut the electricity and it goes off. So to pull the plug means to end something, to terminate something.

The other night my children were up too late and I pulled the plug on the game they were playing, I just pulled the plug on it. Not literally, I didn’t actually go and pull the wire out of the wall, what I mean is figuratively I said, okay girls, it’s too late, I’m pulling the plug on your game, it’s time to go to bed, stop playing the game, go to bed, right, brush your teeth, like this, pull the plug on it.

Sometimes I have to pull the plug on an activity I’m doing in the classroom because we’re running out of time or the activity is not working very well, it’s just not going very well. I’ll pull the plug on it and start something new, like this. So pull the plug just means to end. And that’s exactly what I’m gonna do in this video, I’m gonna pull the plug right now on this video and end with that idiom, pull the plug.

Alright, I hope you found these useful and again, you have to use these things or you will lose them, you will forget them. So write these down, put these in a place so you can review them and start trying to use them. Writing is a good way to do that. Writing is a very good way to use these because you have the time to think about and formulate a message to someone else and you can use our forum to do that, that’s a good place to do it. And of course, conversation is also good, but writing is a good way to think a little bit more about it and to test the waters that way. Alright, see you guys. Bye bye.

امیدوارم از اصطلاحات امروز راضی بوده باشید.

موفق باشید

19 پسندیده

ممنونم اقا کامبیز. این ویدیو هاوعالی هستن, من قبلا هم دانلود کردم, همون فیلهایی که بازم فرستادید, نحوه یادگیریش بصورت عمیق چی هست؟

1 پسندیده

سلام ممنونم آتوسا خانوم

بهترین راه برای یادگیریشون اینه که ازشون استفاده کنید.

روزی یک بار این ویدئو هارو ببینید. و برای هر پک یک ماه وقت بزارید. و تو این مدت از هر فرصتی برای استفاده ازشون استفاده کنید.

میتونه در قالب لتس تاک باشه، داستان، چت و…

6 پسندیده

سلام دوستان.
But what it leads you to when you click on it. یعنی چی؟
و معنی but what itچیست؟

1 پسندیده

دم شما و دم ارون کمپیل گرم. کارتون ستودنیه کامبیز جان.
من از شیوه بیان ارون کمپیل بیشتر خوشم میاد تا ای جی. احساس می کنم ای جی موقع صحبت کردن، خیلی ادا و اطوار در میاره و منو از شیوه درست صحبت کردن دور می کنه. اما ارون کمپیل اینطور نیست. یه استاد نیاز نیست به خاطر اینکه دانش آموزانش رو به یادگیری ترغیب کنه، کلاس درس رو تبدیل به سیرک کنه. دانش آموزی‌ که ارزش مبحث موردآموزش رو ندونه هیچ وقت نمی تونه توی یادگیری پیشرفت کنه.
کسی که عاشق یادگیری ریاضیاته، اگه استاد درس رو سرد و بی روح براش توضیح بده، با علاقه و عشق خودش به کالبد بی جان درس روح رو میدمه. پس این عشق دانش آموزه که به درس جون و رمق میده و نه ادا و اطوار استاد.

2 پسندیده

شمارو به کجا راهی میکنه، وقتی که روش کلیک می کنید.

دقیقا آرون کمپل و دن اینجورین. اونها هم شوخی می کنن البته استایلشون سنگینه.

من یادمه یه درسی ازشون میخوندم شوخی جالبی کردن که برای دقایقی کلی خندیدم.

خداروشکر که زبانشناس برای همه سلیقه ها منابع رو ارائه داده که همه بتونیم بنا به سلیقمون استفاده ببریم.

4 پسندیده

چطور میتونم دوره های کامل اقای ارون کمپیل رو تهیه کنم؟

1 پسندیده

سلام،یکی نیست ما راهنمایی کنه الان یارو حرف میزنه کلیپ متوقف کنم متن بخونم میفهمم چی میگه ولی بدون متوقف کردن کلیپ حالت شنیداری بازم کلامت میفهمم چی میگه ولی ترجمش بدون توقف فیلم برام سخته چکار کنم قدرت ترجمم به صورت شنیداری(همزمان با شنیدن) خوب بشه؟؟؟؟؟؟

1 پسندیده