Useful Words and Phrases (Harry Potter) 2

But not even the users of the Snackboxes could compete with that master of chaos, Peeves, who seemed to have taken Fred’s parting words deeply to heart.

Take something to heart

حرف کسی رو به گوش گرفتن، بر دل نشاندن.

Peeves smashed lanterns and snuffed out candles, juggled burning torches over the heads of screaming students.

snuff out

خاموش کردن، خفه کردن

Hermione said nothing at all for the rest of the lesson, but Harry had a shrewd suspicion that her self-restraint was bound to crack before long.

bound to

قصد کاری را داشتن، مصمم بودن برای انجام کاری

Fred and George have got the gold spent a good bit of it, too, by the sounds of it - and I can’t get it back from them and I don’t want to. So save your breath, Hermione.’

by the sounds of it

اونطور که پیداست، به نظر می‌رسد، شواهد نشان می‌دهد، ظاهرا

save your breath

وقت خود را حرام نکردن (با حرف زدن)، نصیحت بیهوده نکردن، از حرف زدن بی نتیجه خودداری کردن، الکی خود را اذیت نکردن.

He had been regretting this ever since; Hermione would not let the subject drop and kept reverting to it when Harry least expected it.

let something drop

ادامه ندادن بحث، ادامه ندادن صحبت در مورد چیزی، خاتمه دادن صحبت

You know,’ said Ron, whose ears were still flaming red, ‘if Montague doesn’t recover before Slytherin play Hufflepuff, we might be in with a chance of winning the Cup.’

be in with a chance of

شانسِ بُرد داشتن

Yeah, that’s right,’ said Harry, losing track of what he was agreeing to.

lose track of something

عدم توجه به، حساب (چیزی را) از دست دادن، رشته کار را از دست دادن

Well - half-brother,’ amended Hagrid. Turns put me mother took up with another giant when she left me dad.

take up with someone

دوست شدن با، وقت گذراندن با

It was much larger in proportion to the body than a human head, and was almost perfectly round and covered with tightly curling, close-growing hair the colour of bracken.

in proportion to

در تناسب با، متناسب با

Harry could see the soles of enormous, filthy, bare feet, large as sledges, resting one on top of the other on the earthy Forest floor.

one on top of the other

روی هم

‘I don’t know,’ said Hermione miserably. Harry saw that she looked much the worse for wear; her hair her was full of twigs and leaves, her robes were ripped in several places and there were numerous scratches on her face and arms.

worse for wear

خسته، ناجور، مریض احوال

‘He’s not asking us to do anything unless he gets chucked out and that might not even happen.’

chucked out

بیرون انداختن، اخراج کردن

‘Oh, come off it, Harry!’ said Hermione angrily, stopping dead in her tracks so that the people behind had to swerve to avoid her. ’

come off it

بی خیال، دست بردار، ول کن

بخش اول

10 پسندیده

سلام.واقعا سطح ترجمه ویادگیری بالا رفته.تعریف الگوریتم تشخیص واژگان کار سخت و زمان بری بوده جای تشکر ویژه از تیم برنامه نویس داره .از اون مهم تر دوره های جدید سایت و جوابگو بودن پشتیبانهاست.میری سایت آقای ناصری هست ،میای تالار هست ،کلا یه مربی ریاضی با این مشخصات داشتم دیگه مشکلات علمی تمام بود.دست تمام تیم فعال زبانشناس درد نکنه

1 پسندیده