زنگ تفریح بچه های زبانشناس 🔔

Well, I just told you
Countless biological reasons could apply :grin: Why there’s a difference? Because people are not born with the same genes. They don’t see, hear, feel the same things. They are not raised in the same atmosphere. So, basically, that’s why.

And what I’m saying is, now we know a lot about how our brains work, we’ve found out so many things about our true nature.
I too, can say yeah there’s something we haven’t found yet. It’s called X1, and it looks like a giant cigarette, and it gives us the power
to control everything. Would you accept it? You’d say “Okay, you have no proof but since there’s a chance and I don’t know anything about it, I believe in it”?

Boy, I’m trying so hard not to sound mean :joy::pray: I’m sorry
I just really like to debate :man_facepalming: Like father, like son.

7 پسندیده

I knew you would say that! :joy:

A giant cigarette doesn’t seem acceptable at all but a concept like soul does. :neutral_face:

Jocking apart, I will think about it tomorrow. I’m dozing off right now.

You are really mean.

Me too. It’s the first time I’ve seen someone so set on his/her ideas as myself.

7 پسندیده

:joy::joy: I knew you already know the answer to that question! You just wanted me to back off
Let me tell you sth, I won’t retract till you admit by that logic, even that teapot thing is possible :grin:

:joy::man_facepalming: I’m sorry
@Addison He let out the beast inside me

Why?

I’m kidding, though.

Sorry to bother you :joy::man_facepalming: Have a peaceful night.

7 پسندیده

That’s because I’m struggling to prove it and everytime I pick up a thread of thought or a different aspect, I end up saying that even this one can be somehow explained by our instinct and body function or they are not complete and solid. And of course I wanted you to back off, you are debating mercilessly!

I really don’t know how on earth I’m going to give you an acceptable reason that there is sth so called soul because there isn’t even a single solid fact about that to begin with which means I have to try to make some basic ideas which is time consuming and when you put it in this merciless way of yours

There would be no room for debating cause you want me to represent my idea with facts. And at the moment, I’m fresh out of thoughts or even guesses. But I will think about it. I told you yesterday that your idea is much much easier to accept because there is science behind it and that leaves me with no choice but to back off for now.

I’m not bothered. I’m enjoying it too. :rose:

7 پسندیده

Hello there, Mr. Rohany Zad.

The amusing aspect of knowledge is that no matter how much you know, it’s important to remember that you don’t know anything. Socrates said I am the wisest person because I am the only one who knows I do not know while others are not yet aware of their ignorance.
I like to learn about the brain and its complexity.

I must say that you ought to know that belief comes from doubt. In epistemology, philosophers use the term “belief” to refer to attitudes about the world which can be either true or false. If you have a belief that there is no doubt about, you should know that it is not a belief, but an illusion. We cannot buy everything we hear but it doesn’t mean they’re not true.

If you tell me something like that, I won’t accept it right away, but I won’t reject it either.

7 پسندیده

I’m glad to hear that :grin::pray:

And I’m kidding

But feel free to continue whenever you wanted to :grin:

5 پسندیده

Hi there, Raha :blush::wave:

Actually, that’s the point

When you believe in soul or spirit, you ARE accepting something without any proof. You might as well believe in my giant cigarette :grin: By that logic, you could believe anything so easily. You think we have a soul? You think we all have spirits? Okay then. Now tell me why? That’s all I’m saying :blush:. When you can’t tell the reason, your whole argument is invalid.

Well, we could say Newton’s laws are illusions, but since they’re working, I do believe in them. But I’d rather believe in things that has been proven to be true (maybe even 90%, not 100%) than believe in something without any apparent reason just because there’s a 0.000001% chance for it to be true.

5 پسندیده

I know.

I probably will. :laughing:

6 پسندیده

BTW, today’s challenge: dreams :grin:

Let’s not pull at that thread there. :joy:

7 پسندیده

I haven’t recovered from two long pretty heavy discussions (which one of them was exactly about dreams) yet. :joy:

I will write about it tonight or tomorrow. I won’t miss the challenge.

I will try. :joy:

7 پسندیده

:joy::joy::joy:

:pray::sweat_smile: Thank you

7 پسندیده

You’re most welcome. :relieved: :joy:

I am such a smart mouth, aren’t I? :sweat_smile:

Have a nice day.

7 پسندیده

Guys, I will probably post up the new subject on wednesday but if you want me to post it up earlier, let me know.

8 پسندیده

:joy::joy::joy:
That’s totally fine :ok_hand:

You too! :crossed_fingers:

7 پسندیده

:rofl: :rofl: If you knew how much I love this kind of humour (anime-like), you would never talk to me seriously again. :smile:

May I ask the name of the movie?

I feel awful and didn’t want to show you my sad and negative side. (Next month is six days later though).

It’s more like a scary kitten, but OK, broooo! :joy: Whatever you say! :smile: (God, I’m being American; It’s awful. Even the mocking impression hurts :neutral_face:)

This is the first time I prefer to read, than to write. I always wanted to see a thread like this, having talkative, debatitive and (a little) argumentative sort of users who enjoy talking to each other. Well, my spirit is low at the moment, but I’m rooting for Matin :smile: (I never thought I’d take my enemy’s side; weird world :expressionless:). I, as well, believe we are just a pile of molecules dipped in shit (taken out and dipped in it again). People must be like him and me, heartless, loveless and… (what’s the word? No, not idiot! Who said that? :unamused:) be realistic (The kind of people who are not living in dreams, just sleeping in them and waking up).

7 پسندیده

:joy::joy::joy: Dude, I’m not trying to be scary
I meant being “talkative” (the beast inside who talks a LOT), not hurting other people or trying to look scary. That’s just plain stupid. I’d never do that.

Come on! I’m not heartless or loveless :joy: (I AM stupid and realistic, though). I’m just saying it’s not magic! It’s not soul or anything. It’s just something natural. Nothing more than that.

7 پسندیده

Wouldn’t it be easier for you to talk though? I don’t mind seeing your “sad and negative side”.

You wish to get rid of me then, huh? :roll_eyes:

We don’t need heartless, loveless people. We’ve got plenty already.(@matinrohany not that I’m refering to you ).

But we are not just flesh and bones and why on earth it’s so hard to piece things together and put them in a sensible way?!

Well, It seems I am looking for trouble. :joy:

Why didn’t you say that day that I’m talking all nonesense and there is no such thing as “soul”?

7 پسندیده

Mr. Mashreghi

Listen to this. :rofl:

God! Tell me you’re not cursing me! :joy:

6 پسندیده

Hello guys :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:
I have it , it is so funny :wink::smile::ok_hand:
Thanks a bunch :joy::crossed_fingers:

6 پسندیده

The most interesting book for me was the sereies of Yual Nuah Herrari, specially the sapiens. They showed me a different way of thinking and a new sight through human being and the nature. How it realy was, better to be and hope to be.

6 پسندیده