تمرین رایتینگ - دروغ سفید

Writing Challenge – White Lies

Hello, everyone!
Welcome to this week’s writing challenge.

Today we want to talk about white lies.
Now, a white lie is a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone’s feelings.
So, you’re lying, in order to protect people from getting hurt.
Okay, let’s start.
First of all, please remember, try not to let it exceed 200 words.
Secondly, if you have no idea what to write about, don’t worry. You can simply answer the questions but again, don’t forget to include your ideas too.
Next, if you want to receive feedback, let me know.

Questions:

1. Would you lie to get your way? Do you consider yourself a liar?
  2. Is a white lie still classified as a lie?
  3. Is it okay to tell white lies in your opinion? When do you think telling a lie is acceptable?
  4. What are the consequences of lying?
  5. Do you consider white lies completely harmless?

Have fun, good luck!

11 پسندیده

Im willing to do anything to achieve what I want, but at the same time I take care of myself…
I’m not a liar but I can lie well and I can recognize lies well! :muscle:

Yes! It often happens that when a white lie is exposed, others say: But you have to tell me the truth!
However, we have the phrase “Doroughe Maslehati” in Persian, which reduces the burden of guilt.

Given the nature of white lies, it is necessary to tell it. Sometimes if you falsely tell a sick person that them is healthy and has no problems, you can cure him and save them from death.

In our human world, depending on the type of lie, the end can be nothing or death.

White lies can be completely harmless or full of harm, but in any case they are more useful than they wouldn’t be told.

5 پسندیده

This could come in handy :grin:

Yes, they’re the same I guess

Exactly :ok_hand: It’s called placebo effect

Agreed :blush:

5 پسندیده

Yeah… Specially for a good politician :otter:

5 پسندیده

Sure, even a good frog :ok_hand:‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

They need to lie, too!

5 پسندیده

Hello there, guys. :rose: :blue_heart: :rose:

I think that our actions have different effects on different people. We are very similar to each other, human beings, and still each of us is unique. People have different level of feelings and understanding. Different perspectives and different virtues and attitudes. So, I think it would be rational to approach different kinds of people differently.

Some people prefer to hear lies. To hear that they are doing the very right thing. That there is nothing wrong with the actions they take, with the words that pour out of their mouth without a second thought, with believing sweet_looking but bitter and foul_tasting statements. So, we give it to them. The sweet words. The white lies. We give it to them because we fear to lose them, to lose their love and friendship and company. We lie to them because we think we love them. So, we let them go on with whatever shit they’re doing and keep ourselves in their good graces and ensure that we would be there when all things start to crumple, burying them under the ruins, to put our arms around them, soothing that it wasn’t their fault while we believe that they most certainly deserve it. I don’t call this love. I call it selfishness. I call it cowardness.

Sometimes, truth is hard to accept. It causes pain and anger and annoyance. It gets a great deal of bravery to embrace it. But it needs even much more tremendous effort to mouth it. But sometimes, love isn’t trying to protect your loved ones from hardship, miner pains and momentary discomfort, but is doing what is best for them, not you.

I would like to get a feed back if it’s possible.

7 پسندیده

Hi there, dear Giso :wave:

Yeah, sure.
I’ll try :grin:

I guess it’s a typo, but just to make sure
You could say “a* different level” or “different levels*”

Exactly :ok_hand: It’s not like that there’s only one right way to do something

That was amazing :ok_hand::ok_hand:
It’s so true.

Yep. But we’re all selfish :grin: And we sugarcoat it using white lies.

It was really great :clap::pray:

5 پسندیده

Thank you. :rose: It wasn’t a typo, after all. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, we do. And I think it’s rather annoying than soothing, somtimes.

I’m glad it’s worth reading.

5 پسندیده

Hi dear friends. Although I do plenty of bad acts, but I really avoid telling lies. Sometimes we think it’s justifyable to tell lies because we are considering a more important issue. But as our personality and our wisdom grows, we tell fewer lies. Perhaps a white lie could be better than a bitter truth, but there are some other ways. Most of us, tell lies like a piece of cake. I don’t claim I didn’t tell any lie, but I can say I always try not to tell lies, and also not to hurt others.

7 پسندیده

Hello :blush::wave:

Yeah, we always come up with reasons to justify what we do. It’s in our nature

I guess that’s in our nature, too :sweat_smile::man_facepalming: The only thing keeping us from doing that constantly is “culture”

7 پسندیده

I usually lie when :

• the truth is just going to hurt people
  • I’m hungry but shy to admit it in other’s houses
  • I’m tired and family needs my help
  • I’m a mess and someone ask “ how are you “
  • a close friend or family ask me for some money and I don’t have it or I need it myself

———-

In fact…I consider myself a good liar when the lie is helping others, or at least it’s not helping me .

8 پسندیده

We are all liars. Whoever says: “No” is a liar :joy_cat::lying_face:

I believe in this: :grin::point_down:
Don’t be curious or you will hear a lie.

Fozool nabash ta dorough nashnavi Fozool :rofl::rofl:

5 پسندیده

“Or” or “Otherwise” ??? :thinking::exploding_head:

4 پسندیده

Ok but im not liar :joy: im just lying well :joy::woman_shrugging:t2: and I recognize it well :muscle:

4 پسندیده

I think scond is true…
I just think

4 پسندیده

That’s great :rofl::muscle:

We really need this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m a liar (Of course just a little liar :speak_no_evil:). But I don’t like liars :sunglasses::rofl: what about you?

4 پسندیده

I do not lie until I have to. And fortunately, I am also a good lie detector, depending on the other party lying, I fight him, I remove him from my life, I forgive him, or I like him even more than before…

خلاصه به صورت کلی آدم احساسی‌ای هستم ولی گاهی وختا رگ منطقیم میزنه بالا :joy::otter:

4 پسندیده

I guess because of the social conventions, we have no other choices :man_facepalming:

For good deeds! That’s respectable

4 پسندیده

:joy::v: Right! We all lie, but I guess “being a liar” has this stronger feeling with it.

:joy::joy: I believe in that, too.

Both of them correct, I guess :grin:

5 پسندیده