تمرین رایتینگ - دانشگاه

Writing Challenge – University

Hi there, everyone!
Welcome to this week’s writing challenge.

So, today we want to talk about universities.
Now, you all have your own memories with this one, or maybe you’re waiting to go to one!
Let’s talk about it.

First of all, please remember, try not to let it exceed 200 words.
Secondly, if you have no idea what to write about, don’t worry. You can simply answer the questions but again, don’t forget to include your ideas too.
Next, if you want to receive feedback, let me know.

Questions:

1. What’s the best advice you would tell someone who is now entering college?
  2. What do you hate/love the most about the university?
  3. What’s your best/funniest memory?
  4. What do you think about university life? Do you enjoy it?
  5. What are some qualities of a good college?

Have fun, good luck.

16 پسندیده

Hi there! :blue_heart:

Honestly, It’s one of my “not really want to talk about it issues”, which usually causes me stressing out, and that makes such a teasing irony since writing is supposed to anchor me for Pete’s sake!

Actually, I had a pretty rough time with the college thing, because I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with my life for almost a year and a half while I was in my first year of high school. High school for girls is one hell of a place cause it holds such a huge negative and stressful aura. It’s like, you wash your hands of all the fun, you barely sleep, you wake up every morning with circles under your eyes, you kill yourself over your damn studies, and yet, you feel like you haven’t done enough. Like you’re far, far behind everyone and everything. Which eventually will lead to emotional breakdowns, ground_level self_esteam and shattered confidence, and that, makes you doubt everything including yourself. Your choices, your goals, your plans, your anchor, your foundation, all that starts to crumble, like a building wrecked to piles of metals and stones by an earthquake. And all of a sudden, your dream is not your dream anymore, it doesn’t seem like a colorful painting of your shining future, but it seems more of a pitiful ruin of it. You can still see the painting there, but the difference is that now, it’s shredded to pieces, like someone has clawed at it, tearing through the paper and the paint. You don’t see your future, you see yourself ruining it. That’s why the word college seemed like such an unfriendly word to me.

And that explains a whole lot why I think that we should look for a stronger verb than “suck” to describe what our educational system(if we have any) does, because the poor word doesn’t even cover the tenth of it. Besides all the “never going to use it in your miserable life_trash”, which they call as “educational contents”, they make such a comparative, torturous, stressful environment that it breaks you while you’re still in your teens. They make a beast out of college or whatever goal or dream you have in your head, making you look at them, and feel like you’re going to be sick, while dreams and goals and plans are supposed to motivate you, guide you, not make you want to hurl your guts up. They shatter your dreams, and then, they leave you to play with the broken pieces of it till you bleed all over it.

I would appreciate it, if you would give me a feedback.

P.S: I tried to write less but I just couldn’t. Sorrrrrrrrrry! :grimacing:

12 پسندیده

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go to university…

It was like 13 years ago …I became number 2 in panting competition in the province, Always great at music , and interested in Arts in general… but finally went through a wrong way in high school… “ Olum Tajrobi “
Day after day I became more and more tired of being a prisoner in that horrible school and studying a bunch of nonsense to me ! Didn’t have any motivation because I wasn’t dreaming about being a doctor or a nurse or chemist…
And I remember there was a stupid English teacher who had an unfair argument with me and promised that he doesn’t let me pass English… and because of that mother f…r I went far away from English for some years afterwards.
Anyway… After 5 years of suffering in high school I passed the remaining subjects hardly and then quit studying for ever .almost 20 years was gone and I had to go were my Heart wanted me to go …even though it was too late!

11 پسندیده

Hey guys :cowboy_hat_face::raised_hand:t2:

I do not like to go to university. I do not say that
university is bad or useless, but it depends on everyone’s purpose. In my opinion, we should not waste four years of our life in university just for the sake of a degree, while we can progress in the field and skill we like. For example, I do not want to go to university myself, because my main goal and interest is sports and it has nothing to do with university.

However, my parents is completely opposed to the fact that I do not want to go to university.

But it doesn’t matter because I choose my my life if and gal​:relieved::slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for this topic

11 پسندیده

Hi there, Giso :blush::wave:

Oh, sweet Moses! That was so intense. I mean, I really enjoy your writing style, it’s superb. But it was so strong and intense :open_mouth: How could you hate it so much? I know it’s not really fun, but to hate something to this extent…?
You’re right, though. I, too, believe that the educational system is simply pure trash. But I think you’ve experienced some things that I haven’t :sweat_smile:

You could simply use “call”

Thank you, so much :rose::pray: I hope that changes in the future.

9 پسندیده

Hi there, Saeed :blush::wave:

Never ever use the word “unfortunately” again. That’s for sure the best decision you’ve made in your entire life. Universities are just useless here. Every morning, before you do anything else, thank god for this life-changing decision that you’ve made :joy:

Oh, no…
That’s unfortunate.

Oh. But, don’t worry. You can always follow this one easily.

I’m so happy you have the opportunity to do that now.
And good luck with that :v::shamrock:

7 پسندیده

Hi there, Reyhaneh :blush::wave:

Sure, I’ll try

To* the* best of my knowledge

about*

The hardest time of my life

in the* second one

maybe “comfortable”* :grin: if you want.

was learning*

a* professional

one*

minute*

have* many* (for countable nouns)

Thank you, so much dear Reyhaneh :grin::rose::pray: I enjoyed it and I hope you do well, where ever you wind up. :shamrock:

6 پسندیده

Hi there, Marzie :blush::wave:

Good call :joy: Yeah, they ARE useless.

Yep, I agree :ok_hand:

That’s understandable. They’ll change their minds when you show them how serious you are about your goals.

You’re welcome

Thanks, for participating :blush::rose::pray:

8 پسندیده

Thank you very much for your kindness :pray:t2::cherry_blossom::pray:t2:

7 پسندیده

See, girls’ schools are pretty different from boys’. If I want to go through all the things, it’ll take ages. But let’s say merely keeping up with your studies in high school, while your major is Tajrobi, is working against the clock. Then there is the entrance exam, which requires much more effort. There are those who have money, they pay for a tutor, and race past you with their flashy credit cards, and it doesn’t matter you work ten times harder, you still have a long way before you catch up with them. So, you start doubting if you’re even in the right place. And for me, it was worse because, yes, I was pretty good at my studies, but they weren’t my only option. And that, makes you feel confused and somehow aimless. It makes you back up because you fear failure. The pressure is the main reason which makes us miserable, but it’s not really the only one.

Thank youuuu!

Sorry if I talked your head off. :rose:

9 پسندیده

Helllllloooo bodies what’s up??? :partying_face: :partying_face: :grin: :v:

First of all i would say :university is not every thing ,life is not just college ,university or lessons ,life is something more,life is about making real your dreams,life is about being happy and do something to make the other people happy,life is about improving our self and improve the world. :blush:i dont wanna say that study or university is not good i just mean it’s not every thing. :100: :vulcan_salute: :green_heart:

Actually i hate exams and put pressure on student’s but i love meeting people that they have similar interests and making teams :dizzy: :sunglasses:

Actually i haven’t gone university yet because i became a student in university just this year and because of corona i haven’t seen university so i don’t have any experience yet.

i kind of like it ,it gives some kind of independence feelings and it’s cool to meet new people. :stuck_out_tongue:

a good college is a college that care and help students .provide a good enviornment for student’s to achieve their goals and invent or discovery.increase their passion . :boom: :boom:
tnx
waiting for feedback :blush: :wink:

8 پسندیده

Hey mate :love_you_gesture::grin:

Yeah I actually don’t regret it that much . I accepted it and found my way , I mean I took the matters in my own hands …

Yes after about 2 years from graduation of high school :expressionless::joy: I realized that I have a desire for English and It’s been like 3 years now that I’ve been studying English and I’m gonna make my best effort to master it .

Thank you so much bro :blossom::love_you_gesture:

7 پسندیده

perfect dear marzie :green_heart: :green_heart: :blush: :v: :100:

6 پسندیده

great giso that was lovely :100: :100: :100: :green_heart:

6 پسندیده

Thanks. That’s sweet of you to say. :blue_heart:

6 پسندیده

Hey there!

Decision making!
I think there’s something wrong with me. I cannot see things the way OTHERS do. It just doesn’t make sense. I don’t know. Maybe I need to change my view of the world. God! I hate being a decision maker.

What a screw-up!
Study hard, get good marks, get into a good college. Out there, study hard, get good marks, become an expert in your major, get a job with financial security and stuff, and have a good life.

Nonsense!
College and all its professors that the one thing they demand for is to have their books thumbed through. College and all its students doing almost EVERYTHING to get good marks like a seven-year-old. It doesn’t mean a thing to me.

Confusion!
So why in heaven’s name did I decide to go to one of them? What on earth am I doing, dilly-dallying here? Maybe I needed some time to kill, and I learned college would be a very great place to do it. Maybe I didn’t have any faith in my abilities, thought to myself, that’s the one remedy for people like me, decided to go with the flow. Or, maybe, I just wanted to cut my teeth on their world, the academic world as they put it. I don’t think so. I think I decided to go to college for other reasons. The most important one is that although it has lots of flaws, it has its own perks. And it is its perks that can help me in my way toward getting what I want out of life. So here I am a college student somewhere in the world playing the game using my own rules.

I would be very grateful if you correct my mistakes.

8 پسندیده

Well, yeah! You’re done the moment you choose that one! It’s fiercely competitive!

Yeah, I get that. Sorry to hear you felt this way

Oh, no! I really enjoy it.
Feel free :grin::rose::pray:

6 پسندیده

Hi there, (sorry, I don’t know your name) :grin::wave:

Sure, I’ll try

everything* (they have different meanings :grin:)

making your dreams real*

other people

putting*
students*

that have

Oooooh :sweat_smile::man_facepalming: I hope you have fun there :grin:

Yes, exactly
The only upside to it :joy:

cares* and helps*

the* students

Thank you, for participating :blush::rose::pray:

6 پسندیده