تمرین رایتینگ - سفر و مهاجرت

Writing Challenge – Travel

Hi there, guys!
Welcome to the next writing challenge.

So, today we want to talk about traveling.
Now, is there any place you want to travel to these days? Or maybe later in the future?
I’m sure you guys know what you want to say. But, if you don’t you can take a look at the questions, and start to talk.

Questions:

1. Have you ever been to a foreign country? How was it?
  2. Would you live in another country for the rest of your life? Where would you want to live?
  3. Where did you go on your last vacation? Talk about your experience.
  4. What do you know about the “Iranian diaspora”? Why do you think people in Iran immigrate?
  5. Would you rather visit another country or travel within your own country? Why?

Oh, and hey, if you need feedback, let me know!

Alright, good luck guys.
Have fun!

16 پسندیده

Very good & nice boy.
Thanks a lot

4 پسندیده

:)) Thank you, dear Mostafa
My pleasure :rose:

4 پسندیده

Hey there.(◕ᴗ◕✿)

To be honest, not only I haven’t traveled much, but also I have been a constant pain in the neck, at times my family wanted to travel. I can’t sit in a car for more than an hour at most, because I feel nauseated and get headaches. It’s called motion sickness. Once my Mom got me to go to Rasht with them, thinking I would be ok using some pills, but I spent the whole four hours of the trip either hurling my guts up, or sleeping like the dead. So, no car traveling for yours truly! And I can’t stay on my own while they’re gone because I’m not “old enough”. Meaning, someone always has to stay behind because of me. I hate that.

But all in all, I pretty much love traveling. I’m in love with architecture, and I’d like to see different kinds of it in various countries. I especially love Venice, Paris and Madrid. God, Madrid! I love Spain and their language. Once I got to a decent level in my English, I will go for Spanish. Despite the fact I may never get to use it, I wanna learn it all the same. But I don’t think I want to live abroad. You know, there are very different from us in terms of culture, and I don’t think I could ever blend in. Like family. It’s mostly a nonexistent concept in foreign countries. Only a ghost of what it used to be. And I value family. It wouldn’t feel like home there.

10 پسندیده

Hi there, Giso :wave:

Damn, that’s the cruelest joke God has ever played on mankind :man_facepalming:

I know exactly what you’re going through…

I completely forgot how old you were. It’s the second time I’m being surprised by your age.

How much further do you need to go? :rofl: Start with “Duolingo”. I’m sure you’ve heard about it, it’s great.

Actually, the thing is that you don’t need to blend in. You have your own safe space there, unlike here.

I guess I understand.
I hate family :joy: (not my own, the whole concept), but I understand.

Thank you, for participating :rose::blush:

5 پسندیده

Hey guys! :hibiscus:
So…
I’ve never been to a foreign country. :no_mouth: (Why does it feel like a confession though?! Anyway. :sweat_smile:)
Yes, I would love to live in another country for the rest of my life! :grin: and it would definitely beee {drum roll sound effect} America, New York City! Guess everyone knows this about me.
But aside from that, I’m crazy about traveling. France, Italy, England, you name it! all are waiting on my bucket list! What’s more exciting than visiting new places, new people, new cultures? Hope I can make it someday. :crossed_fingers:

8 پسندیده

مرسی الهام خانم ویدئوهای زیباتون را توی گروه تلگرام دنبال میکنم
ممنون :rose::heart::rose::heart::rose::heart::rose::heart:

6 پسندیده

In almost 5 months, I’ll be 18. Though, I don’t think that would mean anything to my Mom. I could be 30, and she wouldn’t let me stay behind alone. That’s for sure. SHE is a MOTHER, after all.

I seem like this. :woman_facepalming: :joy:

By decent, I meant I wanna master it. :sweat_smile: And I have a lot on my plate already. 11 nasty hours of study, or nothing! :joy:

See, my family is a part of who I am. I am me and my mother and my siblings mixed together. Especially my brother. If you take that away from me, I am nothing. I know that seems exaggerated, but that’s true. My family means no matter what the rest of the world think, I would always be loved and respected and admired by them. I had that, and now I can’t settle for something less.

Family there is…broken. For obvious reasons. It doesn’t sit well with who I am and my values. I am not saint Mary, but I have my own set of beliefs.

4 پسندیده

Oh, if it isn’t our uncle Elham :grin::wave:

Yeah, New York city, where the grass is green :grin:
I hope you do that someday.

Nothing really

Thank you, dear Elham :rose:
Wish you all the best in your future endeavours :joy::shamrock:

4 پسندیده

Well, happy birthday in advance :tada:

Do whatever you can, and escape your hometown
I mean just go :joy: Do not even consider studying in your own city

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Dramatic

Konkur… right

I see
But, the thing is you need to learn that. You have to settle for less. Maybe not now, but that (always feeling loved and respected) is gonna go away someday. I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about. It’s important to learn how to live your life without being loved or adored or respected by the family or the friends or the whole world altogether. How to build an invisible isolation booth around to make yourself immune from all the harm outside. You wouldn’t be having any problems with living alone or living abroad then. You’d be able to live wherever you wanted to.

5 پسندیده

I don’t understand it is a writing challenge or speaking challenge :joy: :grimacing:

4 پسندیده

Thank you.ᕙ(@°▽°@)ᕗ

No, I didn’t mean that. What kind of girl do you think I am?! :neutral_face: :sweat_smile:
I do not crave love or admiration. It’s actually quite the contrary. I can’t stay with my family forever and in a year or two, I will have my own life, and enter the society as an individual. But the difference is, thanks to my family, I’ll enter it with my chin up. I will know that I am capable, smart and worthy. I won’t be desperate for love or attention or support, so I will never have to settle for the scraps while I can have it whole. I meant I am who I am, becuase of my family, and I know what I deserve because of my family.

There is something horrible about a flower;

This, broken in my hand, is one of those

He threw it in just now; it will not live another hour;

There are thousands more; you do not miss a rose.

—Charlotte Mew, “In Nunhead Cemetery”

That’s exactly how the world treats you. You should be content enough, not to let yourself be picked by hands which have no intention of keeping you.
As Lauren Eden puts it, “When you are not fed love on a silver spoon, you learn to leak it off knives”.

5 پسندیده

Hi :wave::innocent:

Yeah I’ve gone to Istanbul
, Antalya and Dubai
It was great but I don’t remember well because I was 6 years old :pleading_face:

Actually I had not thought about it until now
I love my homeland
But maybe… I’m not sure of it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Of course Istanbul :sunglasses:

In my way everywhere is good for travelling and it’s great to get to know about new people and their customs because
I love traveling :sparkling_heart: and It doesn’t matter where it is :wink:

4 پسندیده

Hi there, Marzie :wave:

:rofl::rofl: Yeah, damn it
Sorry it was supposed to be a speaking challenge but I changed it, and forgot to edit the text

BTW, enjoyed listening to you.
I hope you do that
1:21) Oh, I always thought it’s the other way around :sweat_smile: I don’t know why. It’s interesting I didn’t know that

Thank you, for participating :rose::blush:

3 پسندیده

:rofl: No, I didn’t mean you want birds to sing for your birthday and help you dress

Alright then, I understand.
You’re gonna do fine. Good luck with that :shamrock: :crossed_fingers:

Agreed :ok_hand:

3 پسندیده

Hi there :wave::blush:

Oh, what a pity :man_facepalming:
BTW, you can say “I’ve been to …”
Been to indicates that your journey is completed and you’re no longer there.

:grin::grin: Well, you got sure pretty quickly.
It’s a beautiful city with so much to offer.
I remember they used to accept Iranian rial… when I was a kid.

I totally agree :ok_hand:

Thank you, for participating :blush::rose:

3 پسندیده

:pleading_face::pleading_face:

Yeah, I thought about which one to write but…

Nooo :joy::joy:

It’s true :white_check_mark:

My pleasure :sparkles::rose:

5 پسندیده

You’re totally welcome :grin::rose:

4 پسندیده

Hi
I went to the UAE _Dubai _ and Turkey Antalia. Dubai was very modern city with lots of males and tall buildings and exciting water parks but Antalia had a beautiful nature. There were awesome trips but I became sort of depressed because I kept thinking that if we had freedom in our country we could have lots of things. And also in hotel, very huge amount of food was wasting
I’m interested in traveling to another country or apply to studying but I’m crazy about living in Shiraz, maybe I’m a little fanatic but I won’t live in another country and even city.
I think lots of Iranians immigrants because of political reasons, although lots of us don really know our country and culture. We think مرغ همسایه غازه.We must notice that عقده حقارت ملی and lack of facilities is based on Gajar region. In Pahlavi regin political and cultural sistem are changed very fast and Iranians hadn’t adup with that and now we have very close country and haven’t essential relationships with international system.
I’m looking for your feedback :blush:

5 پسندیده