Un_titled!

To be honest, I tried to find one a few times before but each time I kind of bummed into the wrong people, if you know what I mean. That’s why I said finding such a friend would be hard. Do you know of a place where I can find the right type of people?

2 پسندیده

:)Well i guess so. Check your telegram

2 پسندیده

I needed to be somewhere different. Maybe I needed to be someone different, too.
Heather Davis

6 پسندیده

I keep coming here, scratching my head for an idea to write about, but I can’t think of anything. I don’t know what’s with me exactly. Why can’t I write like I used to? It’s arrant pesky.

2 پسندیده

I often feel like I hide behind words and actions that are not true to myself. Maybe it’s because I struggle to express what I really want and need. I wonder if anyone can relate to what I’m saying.

2 پسندیده

Anton Chekhov’s sister told him in a letter that she wished to pen her life story… He responded that before writing a biography, one must live first…

2 پسندیده

I can’t relate. Not much. But I think I figured why I can’t think of something to write about. It’s cuz I never really lived. Not for too long, anyway.

2 پسندیده

As soon as I began to think, I found myself at variance with the world. When I was young, I was often very worried about this, for I imagined that the majority would be in the right… Then, after every fresh conflict, the world lost more, and I gained more. After I had already reached my fortieth year, it appeared to me that that I had won my case in the last instance, and I found myself more highly placed than I had ever dared to presume; but for me the world became empty and desolate. Throughout my whole life I have felt terribly lonely, and have always sighed from the depths of my heart: “Now give me a human being!” But alas in vain. I have remained in solitude; but I can honestly and sincerely say that it has not been my fault, for I have not turned away, have not shunned, anyone who in their heart and mind was a human being. I have found none but miserable wretches of limited intelligence, bad heart and mean disposition.

Arthur Schopenhauer

4 پسندیده

In your silent shell,
who can tell
How you long for a glimpse of the morrow?
Break free from your spell,
you can dwell
In the light of your beauty and sorrow.
:slight_smile:

4 پسندیده

Hello my dear friends.
Your posts reminded me of these beautiful words of great philosopher Bertrand Russell that I love them.
As you know everyone has their own perspective on life.

I long to alleviate the evil,but I can’t,and I too suffer.
This has been my life. I have found it worth living,and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me."

4 پسندیده

Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts. :rose: :rose:

@saba.a97

What is the title of Russell’s book?

1 پسندیده

My pleasure. :tulip::tulip:

In this valuable book,Mr.Elahi Qomshei has collected a number of aphorisms and poems of famous writers,philosophers and poets in the world and interpreted them from his point of view.

2 پسندیده

Addressed to Nature:

Thus I reply to you. I am well aware you did not make the world for the service of men. It were easier to believe that you made it expressly as a place of torment for them. But tell me: why am I here at all? Did I ask to come into the world? Or am I here unnaturally, contrary to your will? If however, you yourself have placed me here, without giving me the power of acceptance or refusal of this gift of life, ought you not as far as possible to try and make me happy, or at least preserve me from the evils and dangers, which render my sojourn a painful one? And what I say of myself, I say of the whole human race, and of every living creature.

Giacomo Leopardi, Dialogue between Nature and an Icelander

5 پسندیده

Time sure flies when you’re having fun! I came back home from college only a day ago, but I already miss my roommates. I really had such a great time with them. :(((

5 پسندیده

I’m glad you had fun with your roommates. They must be really nice people. I know it’s hard to say goodbye, but you’ll see them again soon. Don’t be sad. You can always keep in touch with them through phone or video calls. Maybe you can plan a trip together for the next break. Time sure flies when you’re having fun, but it also flies when you’re looking forward to something. :slight_smile:

3 پسندیده

I can be overly sensitive, that’s just fact. But unlike most girls, I’m not overly emotional. I don’t feel an attachment to the people I barely know. And as often as not, I try to keep my distance. That’s why during these past three semesters, I kept changing my room and living with different people cuz I believed I couldn’t stand to live with the same people for more than three months. But living with these gals kind of changed my opinion. To my surprise, I found myself wanting to live with them for the next year. So yes, they were nice people.

2 پسندیده

Best argument I have read against committing suicide:

Besides, ought we not to give some thought to the friends, relatives, acquaintance, and people with whom we have been accustomed to live, and from whom we should thus separate for ever? And if the thought of such separation be nothing to us, ought we not to consider their feelings? They lose one whom they loved and respected; and the atrocity of his death enhances their grief. I know that the wise man is not easily moved, nor yields to pity and lamentation to a disquieting extent; he does not abase himself to the ground, shed tears immoderately, nor do other similar things unworthy of one who clearly understands the condition of humanity. But such fortitude of soul should be reserved for grievous circumstances that arise from nature, or are unavoidable; it is an abuse of fortitude to deprive ourselves for ever of the society and conversation of those who are dear to us. He is a barbarian, and not a wise man, who takes no account of the grief experienced by his friends, relations, and acquaintances. He who scarcely troubles himself about the grief his death would cause to his friends and family is selfish; he cares little for others, and all for himself. And truly, the suicide thinks only of himself. He desires nought but his personal welfare, and throws away all thought of the rest of the world. In short, suicide is an action of the most unqualified and sordid egotism, and is certainly the least attractive form of self-love that exists in the world.

Finally, my dear Porphyrius, the troubles and evils of life, although many and inevitable, when, as in your case, unaccompanied by grievous calamity or bodily infirmity, are after all easy to be borne, especially by a wise and strong man like yourself. And indeed, life itself is of so little importance, that man ought not to trouble himself much either to retain or abandon it; and, without thinking greatly about it, we ought to give the former instinct precedence over the latter.

Giacomo Leopardi, Dialogue between Plotinus and Porphyrius

@autophile

If this was irrelevant to the topic, please tell me to delete it.

2 پسندیده

No, don’t worry. The title of the topic is “Un_titled” for a reason. Send anything you want here. I’d be happy to read them. BTW, I believe this argument only influences those of us who don’t want to kill ourselves. About the ones who’re toying with the idea of committing suicide, I’m not so sure. And that’s cuz I think they rarely think about the consequences that their death might have on their loved ones’ lives. And anyway, isn’t this selfish of us to want them alive when we know full well that they were in severe pain?

1 پسندیده

Yes, you’re right.
Another weak point in this argument is, I believe, that it won’t apply to those who don’t have any people caring about them.

Yes, that’s why I think Euthanasia should be legal. We should respect people’s right to die by their own choice.

1 پسندیده

If you could save the person from ever having another splinter in her finger, you’d run around the world laminating all the wood with a fine, transparent surface, just to save her from that splinter. That’s love.
A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz

3 پسندیده