Un_titled!

BTW guys, when you see someone on one of the social media platforms, do you think them unreal? I’m not talking about them lying to you or even them faking things, we all do that no matter where we are. I’m saying just bcuz you only met them on this vertical space that means you have the right to treat them as if they really do not exist but only on your screens? I, for one, treat the ones I see on social media as if they’re real people. Like, they’re human beings trying to connect with me. Now tho, for some reasons, I’m beginning to wonder whether I’m doing the right thing. Maybe me not finding any difference between those I meet on cyber space and those I see in person is not quite right. Maybe I should change my viewpoint? What do you think?

5 پسندیده

https://youtu.be/cw5KReihf-g

Older by Sasha Sloan

I used to wonder why, why they could never be happy
I used to close my eyes and pray for a whole 'nother family
Where everything was fine, one that felt like mine

I swore I’d never be like them
But I was just a kid back then

The older I get the more that I see
My parents aren’t heroes, they’re just like me
And loving is hard, it don’t always work
You just try your best not to get hurt
I used to be mad but now I know
Sometimes it’s better to let someone go
It just hadn’t hit me yet
The older I get

3 پسندیده

thanks a lot :blossom:
I have a question; if you don’t like to answer, feel free.
how did you improve your writing?
can I improve my writing without a partner?

2 پسندیده

Hi, I agree with this idea that people on social media are real and deserve respect and kindness. I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong by treating them as if they’re human beings, because they are. I think the problem is not with you, but with some people who use social media to hurt or manipulate others. They are the ones who should change their behavior, not you. You should be proud of yourself for being authentic and compassionate online. That’s a rare quality these days.

6 پسندیده

This is one of the wisest things I have ever read:

When you are high in indignation and perhaps losing patience, remember that human life is a mere fragment of time and shortly we are all in our graves.

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

3 پسندیده

Hello @boudicca.
It is really nice to talk to guys like you and hear your opinions and experiences. This is one of the things that keeps me going, i.e. talking to wise friends.

And yes, I think we should sometimes seek small things that most people neglect. That’s a really good point. :rose: :rose:

3 پسندیده

Reading helps. Lots and lots of it. But I also recommend you to start journaling. Write a few sentences each day for yourself. Don’t mind making mistakes while doing it. But try to come back to your writing at regular intervals and edit them. Learn how to use a dictionary. I recommend longman dictionary. I believe it is more detailed than the rest. But you also need to look up words and idioms in other dictionaries every now and then. When you use a dictionary, try to pay close heed to details like whether the word you’re looking up is a noun or a verb, adjective or adverb. If it’s, say, a noun, whether it’s countable or uncountable, formal or informal, British or American, etc. etc. It’s hard at first but you’ll get the hang of it over time. The more you pay attention to these details, the nearer you’ll get at sounding like a native speaker.

P.S. I use this app all the time cuz it has the offline version of Longman dictionary in itself. It has too much details. I love it.

2 پسندیده

Thank you.

1 پسندیده

thanks a lot for devoting your time :hibiscus:

2 پسندیده

Look back now and consider how the bygone ages of eternity that elapsed before our birth were nothing to us. here, then, is a mirror in which nature shows us the time to come after our death. Do you see anything fearful in it? Do you perceive anything grim? Does it not appear more peaceful than the deepest sleep?

As for all those torments that are said to take place in the depths of Hell, they are actually here and now, in our own lives.

Lucretius, On the Nature of Things

3 پسندیده

Sublime music of Bach with a dazzling performance! Hope you guys enjoy it:

5 پسندیده

Hi! (˘︶˘).。*:heart:
What’s the name of the movie?

1 پسندیده

I’ll watch it and write about it. (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

2 پسندیده

Of all the means which are procured by wisdom to ensure happiness throughout the whole life, by far the most important is the acqisition of friends.

Epicurus, Principal Doctrines

4 پسندیده

I’ve really found this useful.

And this…peaceful.

4 پسندیده

Why do you think things begin to change? I don’t wanna say I have a bigger problem with change than the one that everybody else does. I’m just wondering how a single event or series of events can have such a great effect on one person’s feelings toward another. I once liked someone a lot that I wanted to spend as much time with him as I can, but something happened lately that changed my opinions about him. I don’t like him as I always did. I cannot say that I don’t miss him, nor that I hate him for the way he’s treated me. But despite my attempts to bury the event in question beneath a pile of works and thoughts every time it succeeds in resurfacing. I can no longer enjoy his company which is why I keep ignoring his phone calls.

3 پسندیده

I do love myself. It’s just that I wonder at times what if I wake up one day and see that I’ve lost a friend for something small. I don’t find what happened between us a small thing now, but since I can’t be sure about tomorrow, I hesitate. To be honest, oftentimes I think that I don’t need anybody except for my family. That’s why I don’t make friends easily. But then again, I wonder what would become of me if I lost them all one by one and became lonely? I don’t feel lonely now. But like I said, I’m afraid about tomorrow. I’ve always wanted to grow into this independent, intelligent young woman who doesn’t need the company of other sex. But lately, I’ve been rethinking it. Maybe that’s impossible. What if I wake up one day and realize that I do need to be with somebody but it would be too late?

I’m glad to see you here again, btw. It’s always a pleasure talking to you.

1 پسندیده

Things begin to change because people change, situations change, and feelings change. Sometimes, we don’t have control over these changes, and we have to accept them and move on. Other times, we can try to communicate, understand, and resolve the issues that caused the changes. But ultimately, we have to do what’s best for ourselves and our happiness.

2 پسندیده

The piano sounds so rich and warm, it fills the air with joy and peace. This music transports me to a place of beauty and tranquility, where I can forget all my worries and troubles.
Thanks for sharing

1 پسندیده

Thanks for sharing :rose:

1 پسندیده