Introducing my city , Khorramabad معرفی شهر چشمه ها ، شهر تاریخ و طبیعت

KHORRAMABAD THE CITY WHERE I WAS BORN

Khorramabad is a city and the capital of Lorestan Province, Iran. Khorramabad is situated on the Zagros Mountains. It is one of the first human settlements , dating back 40 to 50 thousand years ago . In 2016 its population was about 380000 people . The previous names of this city are Khaidalu and Shapur Khashad. This city is known as the city of springs and the city of history and nature .people in Khorramabad speak in Luri-e Khorramabadi. Luri, Farsi, Laki are also common in this region .

Khorram abad is one of the most beautiful cities in iran and even the world. It has the title of world tourism city .The city is located inside a valley and has been surrounded by mountains. The two main mountains around the city are EspiKouh (SefidKouh) and Makhmalkouh. It has one river called as Gelal or KhorramRud .Khorramabad has a special communication, strategic and economic significance . It has also the most advanced observatory of the middle east , Unique waterfalls , springs , mountains , etc .

You can visit ShapurKhast Castle, Brick minaret, Sang Nebeshteh, Sahpuri Bridge, Akhound Abu House, Keeyow lake , etc .

Finally, I want to say that I love my city Khorramabad and I am proud of it. When I wanted to collect information about my city, it was so interesting and beautiful that I wanted to read and enjoy only about my beautiful city for the rest of my life !!!

Have you come to this city?
When? where did you go ?
Did you enjoy it?

7 پسندیده

Let’s say I want to visit your city, which part of it do you recommend I see?

1 پسندیده

I went to Khorramabad 2 years ago and visited the Falakolaflak castle

1 پسندیده

During my teenage years, I once visited there too.

2 پسندیده

I said that Khorramabad is the capital of nature and history, and I really cannot introduce it completely

But if I want to tell you some suggestions …

I can say :
1- Bisheh Waterfall
آبشار_بیشه_خرم_آباد

2- Shapur Khast (Falakol aflak) Castle
3- Darreh Khazineh

4- Sahpuri Bridge
5- Makhmal Kūh

6- Keeyow lake
7- Gerdab Sangi
8- Tangeh-ye Shīrzar

3 پسندیده

As a 4-season city, you can’t say which time of year is best for a Khorramabad vacation. Anyway, in my opinion, it has lovely autumns, when the whole sky goes white with cotton-shaped clouds, the streets are covered with yellow carpets of leaves, and it goes so romantic . If green is your favorite color, spring is the answer for you.

There are lovely green lands and jungles around Khorramabad! According to the fact that Khorramabad is placed in the Zagros mountains domain, you can expect cold-blooded snow-white winters around it; In summer also you can take a trip to Khorramabad and enjoy its moderate weather under a cool waterfall or alongside a river.

3 پسندیده

Khorramabad is a city of waterfalls.

Nojian Waterfall (With 95 meters in height, it’s one of the highest waterfalls in Iran);

Gerit Waterfall (A wide waterfall in a green land near Khorramabad);
Wark Waterfall (A spectacular waterfall with two fountains at two different heights);

2 پسندیده

There are many rivers and fountains around Khorramabad. The most popular river in this city, which is also one of the best Khorramabad tourist attractions, is Khorram Rud. Khorram Rud is a big brilliant river in the center of Khorramabad city. This river is a combination of two other rivers. They meet each other under the Safavi bridge and shape Khorram Rud.

2 پسندیده

Put jungles on your list of things to do in Khorramabad. Not only the Khorramabad region but also the whole Lorestan province is covered with jungles. Nojian, Gerit, Taf, Razan, and many other jungles all around the province are so beautiful and amazing. Most of the jungles in this region are decorated with Oak trees, rivers, and fountains. There is also a jungle Park in Khorramabad, called Shur Abad. This jungle park is even more beautiful in winter.

1 پسندیده

Keeyow Lake is a beautiful light blue natural lake in the northern part of Khorramabad city. This Lake looks like a marvelous azure jewel in the green ring of Khorramabad if you watch it from a height or a helicopter.

1 پسندیده

Historical Attractions of Khorramabad :

Falak-ol-Aflak Castle (A Sassanid ancient fortress)
khorramabad2-chat-room3

Gap Bathhouse (A Safavid Bathhouse in Khorramabad);

Gerdab Sangi (A circle-shaped historical construction from the Sassanid age)
Safavi Bridge (A bridge from the age of the Safavid and Qajar Kingdom)
Akhund-Abu House (The house of Mirza Mohsen the Judge, a Qajar nobleman)
2BrwcUrAuTX3TV-13f397c0719b4f3f915203d3a67c0606

3 پسندیده

If you like history, visiting Falak-ol-Aflak is one of the things to do in Khorramabad. This castle (also called Shapurkhast Fortress), was built in the age of the Sassanid kingdom. This castle has a fountain in the northern part, called Golestan. In the past, there were 12 towers in this castle, only 8 of which have survived. The inner side of the castle has 4 halls and a vast yard. This castle was repaired in the age of Qajar, by Fathali Shah. Since this castle is constructed on a hill beside Khorramabad, the castle towers and rooms windows give a good view of the city.

1 پسندیده

It’s amazing and beautiful especially at night

1 پسندیده

:heart_eyes:oh , I was very happy
Where else did you go?

1 پسندیده

I can’t remember really :confused:
But i think we went to one of my father’s friend’s home
Near of his home there are many mountains

1 پسندیده

So I suggest you come again to this beautiful city and enjoy it :star_struck:

1 پسندیده

Did you enjoy it ?

I’m a student at Lorestan university, and I think I’m gonna try some of these places out next year. BTW, I love Makhmalkooh, though I never stepped on it but only saw it in passing. I also visited Mosalasi Park a few times last year, and I found it to be a peaceful place. Especially, in the morning.

1 پسندیده