دوره ویدئویی آموزشی انگلیسی عمیق با موضوع « انگلیسی با لهجه آمریکایی»

سلام به دوستان عزیز.

مطمئناً خیلی از شما دوست دارید تفاوت لهجه بریتانیایی و لهجه آمریکایی رو بدونید. شاید بخواید پارو یه قدم فراتر بزارید و بیشتر از تفاوت اوایی بدونید. نظرتون چیه در این ویدئو ها تفاوت های واژگان، عبارات مرسوم و اصطلاحات رو هم بدونیم؟. پس با ما همراه باشید.

موضوع امروز " انگلیسی با لهجه آمریکاییه"

اصطلاحات خیابانی مرسوم آمریکایی

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/american-english/Common%20American%20Slang.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

برای دیدن متن ویدئو اینجا بزنید

Hi everyone. In this video, I want to introduce some slang terms and idioms which are very common in American English and all of which have their origins in American history. In that sense, it makes these slang terms and idioms quintessentially American. So let’s get started.

The first is buck. Have you heard this one? It means a dollar. A buck is a dollar. A hundred bucks. A thousand bucks. How much did it cost? Oh, it cost me 500 bucks. So that just means dollar.

Now, where does it come from? Well, way back in the 1700s, before the Americans had their own money, there was a lot of trading going on. One of the common items of trade was the skin of a deer or a male deer, a buck. So when you were trading for whiskey or for corn or for some kind of item that you needed, very often people would carry buck skins and they would trade those. Those had value. Eventually, in the late 1700s when the dollar actually came into being, people started calling it a buck and that’s how it came about. Even to this day, we still call dollars, bucks.

Now, there’s another monetary slang term that we use, which is grand. And a grand is one thousand bucks. The word grand means large. Grand canyon, grandfather. It kind of has a big, large, amazing sort of feeling to it. So a thousand dollars, especially back in the early 1900s when people started using the word grand to refer to a thousand dollars, that was a lot of money. Even today it’s a lot of money, but way back then that was really a lot of money.

So a grand, wow, a thousand dollars. A grand. How much was that car? Oh, that car is expensive. It’s 50 grand. How much was your house? Oh, that house. It cost me 200 grand. So that’s what it means. A thousand dollars.

Now, you’ll also hear the term Benjamin. Benjamin means a hundred bucks or a hundred dollars. So 10 Benjamins equals a grand. Now, why did they call them Benjamins? Well, if you look at the face on the front of a $100 bill, you’ll see Benjamin Franklin. And he’s a famous person in American history. Benjamin Franklin. A Benjie is a hundred bucks, so Benjamin. Or sometimes people call them Benjies. Do you have any Benjies in your wallet?

The next one is pass the buck. And in this case, we’re not talking about a dollar. What this means, this idiom if you’ve heard this before, it basically means to shift or to pass the responsibility of making a decision onto another person. To pass the buck.

This actually has its origins in poker - the card game - where the dealer rotated. According to what I’ve read, when this phrase came about, people were using knives that had a handle made from the antler of a male deer, which is a buck. So that was actually the indicator of who was the dealer. They would pass that knife around and whoever that was in front of, that was the dealer. The dealer had the buck and he passed the buck to the next person. So that’s how this phrase came about. Nowadays, it just means to shift responsibility. This could be a very strategic way of not making a mistake if you work for a big organization. And you see this a lot in big bureaucracies. People being either afraid to make a decision or they choose not to make a decision. They pass it on to someone else. That’s called passing the buck.

Interestingly, Harry Truman, one of the presidents of the United States in the 1950s, on his desk, or actually I think it was on his wall in the oval office of the president, he had a sign that said the buck stops here, meaning that there’s nowhere else to pass the buck. I am the person that makes the ultimate decision. You can actually use that phrase if you want to take responsibility for something. I will decide. The buck stops here. I’m the one that will take responsibility for this decision. Whether you like it or not, the buck stops here. So you could use that phrase if you wanted to.

Let’s move on to the next one and that’s John Hancock. Have you heard of this? It’s a man’s name - John Hancock. Basically, a John Hancock is a signature when you sign your name.

That’s your John Hancock. Give me your John Hancock. Put your John Hancock right here above this line. Put your John Hancock there. And that means your signature.

Now, why does it mean that? Well, when the Americans in 1776, when the American Congress created the declaration of independence, which they were going to send to the king of England, declaring their independence from England (we’re talking about the American colonies), It was said that the president or the leader of the congress at that time, his name was John Hancock. And legend has it that he signed his name, he was the first to sign his name and he signed it in a really big, bold, flamboyant way so that the king would easily read his name without even having to wear his spectacles or his glasses. So it was kind of a sign to the king, “I want you to see my name first because we are declaring independence from you.”

So that’s John Hancock. And so now that name John Hancock has become synonymous with a signature.

Okay, next one. Plead the Fifth. I plead the Fifth. Or as you’ll hear some people say, “I’ll take the Fifth on that.” What does that mean? Well, basically, this is a phrase that people use when they don’t want to answer a question. They’re making many questions you might not want to answer. because it will get you in trouble or you don’t want to get involved in that discussion. You can just say, “I plead the Fifth. I take the Fifth.”

Now, where does this come from? Well, this comes from the American Constitution. which is kind of like the rule of law that was written a long time ago in the 1700s. Basically, once that document was created, later on, there were amendments. These were parts that were added to it in the years following its creation in the late 1700s. when America was still a baby as a country. The Fifth amendment, the number five, the Fifth amendment was all about law and especially being accused of a crime. And if you were accused of a crime, you had a right as a citizen to not say anything that might incriminate you, that might lead to your prosecution in a court of law. So you had the right to be silent, basically, if someone asks you a question whose answer would cause you to definitely be a criminal and be prosecuted or put in jail and what not.

Even to this day, Americans still have that right. And that’s why if you get arrested by the police, they say to you, “You have the right to remain silent.” Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law. So they’re reminding you of your right to be silent, to not say anything, to not answer any questions. That’s why when we plead the Fifth or take the Fifth, we’re saying to people, “I don’t want to give an answer to that. I’ll plead the Fifth.” So you can use that phrase anytime you don’t want to answer a question.

Next one is shoot the breeze. Yesterday, my friends and I were sitting by the river, drinking a beer and shooting the breeze. And basically that means we’re just doing small talk, chitchat.

Not saying anything important. Just enjoying each others’ company, spending the time talking about this and talking about that. Nothing deep, nothing heavy, nothing important.

We’re just shooting the breeze.

Basically, that has its origins. If you can imagine a couple of guys on a horse way out in the wild west. It’s a boring day, there’s nothing to do. The breeze is blowing and they get so bored, they pull out their guns and they just start shooting into the breeze. When you’re really bored, you have nothing to do, you shoot into the breeze. Shooting your bullets into the air. So that’s what it means - small talk with other people. Shoot the breeze.

Actually, there are quite a few different phrases and idioms that have to do with guns because guns were a big part of the American expansion into the wilderness and finding new land and having to survive in difficult times. So the gun was an important symbol and a tool for a lot of early settlers. We hear this reference to guns in other idioms, phrases, slang terms. For example, ride shotgun. To ride shotgun. And that means to take the seat in the front next to the driver in a car. If you ride shotgun, you’re riding in the passenger side of the front seat. Like when we were in high school, we’d use this phrase a lot whenever we were going to get into a car, the first person that said, “Shotgun!” or, “I’ll take shotgun!” that means that you’ve called the front seat which is the seat that everyone wants to be in because you can see more, you can talk to the driver, etc. That’s riding shotgun.

Now, where does it come from? Well, it comes from the stagecoaches. These vehicles that were pulled by teams of horses over very long distances that would deliver documents, items, kind of like a postal delivery. Or people, it would transport people. Sometimes these stagecoaches were the objects of thieves or bandits who would attack them with guns. So for protection, there would be a man sitting beside the driver, who was holding the reins to the horses and controlling the horses. The guy that sat next to them had a shotgun. Whenever bandits would attack, he would be the one to defend the stagecoach from bandits. And it was said that if there wasn’t someone riding shotgun, if it was just the driver only, that meant that there was nothing important inside the stagecoach. It was probably just passengers only as opposed to important documents or money or jewelry or something like that. So riding shotgun. To this day, you’ll hear people say that quite frequently, actually.

Another one is stick to your guns. “Hey buddy, stick to your guns. You got to stick to your guns.” And what that means is, basically, you got to hold fast to your position, to your opinion on an issue even in the face of intense adversity. If people are attacking you, your idea is you stick to your guns. You stay with what you believe is the right thing, the true thing to do. Especially in an argument, you don’t change your position. You don’t change your mind. You stick to your guns.

And basically, this comes from gunners - people who had posts whether it was in the military or whether it was someone who was standing watch in the middle of the night. You had a post and you had to protect that with a gun. If people were shooting at you, you had to stick to that post, stick to your guns and defend. You can’t just run away. That would not be the honorable thing to do. So to stick to your guns means to remain by your post, remain to your ideas. Stay true to what you believe. Stick to your guns. In difficult situations, you should stick to your guns.

Okay, we got a few more left. One is the smoking gun. Maybe you’ve heard this one before and you can probably imagine the meaning. A smoking gun is a gun literally that smoke is coming out of the end of it, which means it had recently, very recently been fired. A smoking gun is basically the evidence which proves that a crime was indeed committed. So the smoking gun. That’s the evidence that something bad has happened. A crime has been committed. It’s the piece of evidence that exposes who the true criminal was and that definitely a crime had taken place. The smoking gun. All solid cases in a court of law have a smoking gun. What is the smoking gun? Is it a person? Is it an item? Is it a splattering of blood? What is it? Is it some DNA left at the crime scene? What is the smoking gun? All right.

Finally, last one. Bought the farm. This is a really difficult one to guess if you hear this in conversation. He bought the farm. She bought the farm. To buy the farm. What does that mean? Well, if you heard that, you might think it means move out into the countryside and leave the city behind. But that’s not what it means. It very simply means to die. He bought the farm. He died, especially suddenly.

Basically, where this comes from, actually it comes from a more recent incident in American’s past which is World War II. Whenever planes were flying over Europe like France or whatever, if they were shot down or if they had mechanical trouble and they crashed into, very often, farmland that someone owned, that farmer could sue the government to get the money. And very often, the payment would be enough to actually pay off the mortgage or the loan on that farm. So when pilots would crash land and die, their death actually would lead to the paying off of that piece of farmland. And that farm was bought with this person’s life. So it’s very interesting. To buy the farm means that you died.

You bought the farm. He bought the farm. She bought the farm. So don’t buy the farm. Not anytime soon.

Okay, that’s all for this segment. I hope you found some of those useful and interesting.

Remember, all of these are very common. They just have historical origins but they’re used in everyday conversation. Any of those you can use and it’ll make your English a little bit more interesting. Okay, enjoy those.

اصطلاحات خیابانی که در این ویدئو موجود هستند + معنی فارسی اینجا بزنید

buck: دلار

grand: هزار دلار

Benjamin: صد دلار

Benjies: که میشه صد دلار

pass the buck: مسئولیتی را به کسی محول کردن.

John Hancock : امضا

Plead the Fifth: بیخیال جواب دادن به سوالی شدن به این دلیل که ممکنه اون سوال شمارو به دردسر بندازه.

shoot the breeze: یعنی یک گپ کوتاه داشتن.

ride shotgun: کنار راننده نشستن.

stick to your guns : اگه کسی از شما انتقادی کنه و شما اون رو قبول نکنید میگن you stick to your guns.

smoking gun: مدرکی از چیز بدی که رخ داده.

Bought the farm: ناگهان مردن

بریتانیایی VS آمریکایی

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/american-english/American%20vs%20British%20English.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

Hi. In this video, I’m going to talk about some of the differences between American English and British English. So let’s get started.

Recently, in the news I read about a terrorist attack in Bangladesh and it made me really mad to read about that. As an American, that means I’m angry. Now, in Britain, the word ‘mad’ generally means ‘crazy’. So a mad person, a mad guy is someone who’s kind of crazy, whereas ‘mad’ in American English means angry.

Now, in American English, you can also say ‘pissed’. “I’m pissed,” meaning I’m really angry.

I’m pissed about that terrorist attack. What a terrible thing. It really pisses me off. But pissed in British English means drunk, someone who has had too much alcohol. They’re pissed. All the soccer fans are pissed in the street and they’re very angry that their team lost the match to an American. They’re pissed. They’re angry. In Britain, drunk.

Now, sometimes when you’re drunk you get hungry. And if you stop at a late night diner, you can order some french fries if you’re in America, but in Britain you would order chips. But in American English, ‘chips’ has a different meaning. It means potato chips. Whereas, British people call potato chips, ‘crisps’. And ‘crisps’ has no real meaning in American English.

Now, that’s not the only food that has a difference. Another is something children love to eat in the summertime. In America, it’s called a popsicle, and this is some kind of frozen, sweet, juicy type of summer treat that you have to eat quickly, otherwise, it will melt. That’s a popsicle. It Britain that’s called a ‘lolly’. But when Americans hear the word ‘lolly’, they often think of lollipop, which is actually a piece of very hard candy on a stick. Also, children love to eat that.

Now, whether you’re eating a popsicle or a lollipop or a lolly, when you’re finished you’ll want to throw that stick into the trash can if you’re in the United States. But if you’re in Britain, you’ll throw it in the bin. Now, there’s no such real thing as a ‘bin’ in American English. It doesn’t have much of a meaning. But you’ll find a trash can in an American apartment usually next to a desk or in the kitchen in an apartment. But in Britain, that apartment would be called a ‘flat’. Now, in American English, a flat is generally used to describe a flat tire on a car or a bicycle that gets punctured. “Oh, I have a flat.” Whereas, in British English, a flat will mean very often an apartment that you live in.

Maybe next to the desk, you have many things on your desk and one of them is an eraser in American English used to correct a mistake that you make with a pencil. However, in Britain that’s called a rubber. Not an eraser. you might need a flashlight, which is a light that you can use to see in the dark. But in Britain, that flashlight would be called a torch. Now, to American people, a torch is literally it’s like fire on the end of a stick. You make a torch out of a piece wood and some gasoline and you use a torch to explore an underground cave or something like that.

Now, in Britain, the underground is actually what we call in America a subway. The underground. Now, a subway is underground. It’s an underground train and it’s underground. But in Britain, it’s ‘the underground’. It’s ‘the underground’. That’s the subway. So there’s a little difference there.

Now, to get to the subway, you have to go underground and you take an elevator if you’re in the United States or in America. But in Britain, you would be taking the lift. We don’t use that term in America. But you’d have to take a lift to go underground or to go up into a building if you’re in Britain.

Now, in America, if the elevator were very, very crowded, you might have to wait a long time and you have to wait in a line. You have to get in line to wait in a line. And you don’t want to lose your place in line. You want to stay in line so that you can get on the elevator. But in Britain, you would form a queue, not a line. It’s a queue. So that’s another difference between American and British English.

Another place you will find lines in America or queues in Britain, is waiting for the restroom or the bathroom in America, which in Britain would be called ‘the loo’. Now, ‘loo’ has no meaning in American English.

Now, just because you’re waiting to go to the loo or the bathroom doesn’t necessarily mean you need to use the toilet. You might be there for a different reason. For example, maybe you’re with a baby, and the baby needs his diapers changed. In America, we call them diapers that babies wear. But in Britain, those would be called nappies, and there’s no such thing as nappies in American English.

Also, the baby might have a pacifier in his or her mouth to keep him or her quiet for crying.

That would be called a dummy in British English. But in American English, the word dummy means stupid person. So there’s lots of different meanings here going on.

That’s not the only item of clothing, like diapers or nappies, that show a difference. For example, in America we wear pants, but in Britain they wear trousers. And in America, we wear sneakers when we go outside and dress in a casual way or play sports. In Britain, those would be called trainers.

That’s not the only type of shoe where we see a difference. In America, you would wear a boot if you were going hiking. But in Britain, a boot actually is the trunk of a car. It’s part of a car and we call it the trunk in America. In Britain, it’s called the boot.

Another item of clothing is a bonnet. Bonnet is an old fashioned type of hat that women wear to protect them from the sun. But a bonnet in British English also has the meaning of the very front of the car, which is called the hood in America. So it’s a hood and it’s over the engine of the car that protects the engine. In Britain, it’s called a bonnet.

That’s not the only difference in terms of cars. We also have the windshield in front which in America protects you from flying bugs and other things when you’re travelling fast. But in Britain, that’s called a windscreen. And when you want to turn left or right, you use your blinker in America, but in Britain you use the indicator. Wow, what’s an indicator? An American might say.

And finally, when you’re on the road, you have to be careful because sometimes a big truck will come by. And wow, they’re really scary because they’re so big and they’re carrying lots of weight. If you got hit, it would be very dangerous. But in Britain, those are called lorries, not trucks.

So wow, lots of differences in British and American English. But the thing is they’re minor.

They’re very minor differences. And nowadays, most Americans do understand those British terms and vice-versa. British people will understand when they hear bathroom that Americans are talking about the loo. And when Americans hear the word lift, they know it means elevator. So there’s not so many differences between the two dialects. Anyway, it’s fun to be aware of them so that you know what the differences are when you hear them.

Okay, take care.

اصطلاحات و تفاوت هایی که در این ویدئو موجود هستند + معنی فارسی اینجا بزنید

Mad آمریکایی یعنی عصبی ولی بریتانیایی یعنی دیوانه

to be pissed: به آمریکایی یعنی فوق العاده عصبی بودن ولی در بریتانیایی یعنی مست از خوردن نوشیدنی های الکلی.

french fries: به آمریکایی یعنی سیب زمینی سرخ کرده ولی بریتانیایی به سیب زمینی سرخ کرده میگن chips.

Chips: به آمریکایی میشه همون چیپس خودمون ولی بریتانیایی به چیپش میگن crisps که تو آمریکایی هیچ مفهومی نداره.

popsicle: به آمریکایی یعنی همون یخمک یا نوشمک خودمون ولی بریتانیایی بهش میگن lolly

lolly: به آمریکایی یعنی آب نبات چوبی ولی بریتانیایی ها برای یخمک ازش استفاده میکنن.

trash can: به آمریکایی میگن سطل آشغال ولی تو بریتانیایی به سطل آشغال میگن bin

:Apartment به آمریکایی میشه آپارتمان ولی بریتانیایی ها بهش میگن Flat

flat: در آمریکایی معمولا برای لاستیک هیی که پنچر شدن استفاده میشه ولی برای بریتانیایی ها یعنی آپارتمان

eraser: به آمریکایی میشه پاک کن ولی بریتانیایی ها بهش میگن rubber

flashlight: در آمریکایی میگن چراغ قوه ولی در بریتانیای به چراغ قوه میگن torch

torch: به آمریکایی میشه مشغل

The underground: در آمریکایی یعنی زیر زمین ولی در بریتانیایی میشه مترو در صورتی که آمریکایی به مترو میگن subway

take an elevator: در آمریکایی یعنی سوار آسانسور شدن ولی در بریتانیایی میگن take a life

wait in a line: در آمریکایی یعنی تو صف منتظر موندن ولی در بریتانیایی از عبارت form a queue استفاده میشه

restroom یا bathroom: در آمریکایی به مفهوم دستشویی هستند ولی در بریتانیایی میگن the loo که خب تو آمریکایی مفهومی نداره.

diapers: به آمریکایی میشه پوشک بچه در صورتی که در بریتانیایی میگن nappies که هیچ مفهومی در آمریکایی نداره.

pacifier: به آمریکایی میشه پستونک ولی بریتانیایی ها به پستونک میگن dummy که در آمریکایی به این واژه مفهوم احمق میدن.

pants: به آمریکایی میشه شلوار ولی در بریتانیی به trousers میگن شلوار.

:sneakers به آمریکایی میشه کتونی خودمون ولی بریتانیایی ها به trainers میگن کتونی.

boot: به آمریکایی میشه چکمه یا بوت ولی در بریتانیایی میشه صندوق عقب ماشین که صندوق عقب به آمریکایی میشه trunk.

bonnet: به آمریکایی میشه یه نوع کلاه آفتابگیر که خانوما استفاده میکنن در صورتی که در بریتانیایی به مفهوم کاپوت ماشینه. ولی به آمریکایی کاپوت ماشین میشه hood

windshield: آمریکایی به مفهوم شیشه جلو ماشین میشه ولی بریتانیایی ها به شیشه جلو میگن windscreen

blinker: چراغ راهنما ماشین به آمریکایی که بریتانیایی به چراغ راهنما میگن indicator که برای آمریکایی ها مفهومی نداره.

truck: به مفهوم کامیون در لهجه آمریکاییه که بریتانیایی ها به کامیون میگن lorries

اصطلاحات خیابونی آمریکایی - احساسات

https://zabanshenas.com/uploads/deep-english/american-english/American%20Slang%20-%20Emotions.mp4

video file

دانلود فایل ویدئویی

audio

دانلود فایل صوتی

Hi everybody. In this video, I want to introduce some slang terms that are used to describe emotions that we feel. Now primarily, these are very common in American slang, although you still may hear some of these in other dialects of English. So here we go.

When you’re feeling excited, right, you could say, or energetic, you could say, I’m really psyched, I’m really pumped. Or you can turn them into phrasal verbs, I’m psyched up, right, tomorrow’s the big game, I’m really psyched up. I’m pumped up, right, tomorrow is my wedding day, I’m really excited, I’m pumped up, right, I’m full of energy.

Now you can modulate these slang terms using words like super or totally or really to make them even more intense. Like I’m really psyched up, right. Tomorrow’s the big day.

Or, I’m super pumped, I’m super psyched. I’m totally psyched, right, like this. And likewise, we can also modulate these slang terms to make them a little bit less by using words like a bit. I’m a bit psyched, yeah, I’m a little bit excited. Or, you know, quite. I’m quite psyched about that. I’m pretty psyched about that. So you can use words like a bit, pretty, quite, to make them a little bit less, okay? So, you can do that with any of the slang terms I’m going to introduce.

So the next one would be, let’s say you’re feeling really tired. Oh, tired right. I had a long day of work, I’m beat, right. I just ran a marathon, I am drained. I’m bushed. I’m just completely pooped. I’m pooped out, right. I’m just completely beat. I’m totally beat, totally drained. I need to sleep, right. So when you’re tired you can use those terms.

Now maybe if you drink some coffee or some red bull, it will make you very alert, or wired.

You’ll be wired, right. And just like you’re someone attaches a wire with electricity to your body, it really wakes you up, it stimulates your mind. And you’re totally wired, right. I’m totally wired after 10 cups of coffee in the morning. I’m wide awake, I’m totally wired, right.

Have you ever been wired recently off of lots of coffee?

Now if you’re not wired, if the opposite of wired would be, yeah, just very calm and relaxed.

And when you’re calm and relaxed, you are chilled out, right, you’re mellow. You’re just lounging, right. You’re chilled out, you’re just chilling. You’re relaxing, right. And you can even order someone to chill out, hey man, chill out, relax, chill out, right. Be mellow. Right, just lounge, don’t, don’t, take it easy, right, like this. Chill out, it’s important to chill. Or to find ways to chill, right. That’s important for being calm and relaxed.

Another American slang term. To be happy. When you’re happy, you’re stoked. I’m totally stoked, right. What a great day, I’m totally stoked. My best friend, he got a new promotion, I’m on cloud nine. On cloud nine. To be on cloud nine means to be really, really happy. And when you’re on cloud nine you’re over the moon. You’re over the moon happy, right. You’re walking on air. All of these are terms that we use to describe states of happiness, right.

Stoked, I’m so stoked, right. Like this. On cloud nine. Have you ever been on cloud nine?

Right, it means you’ve been really, really happy.

Now the opposite of happy of course is really sad, and depressed. And when you’re sad and depressed, you’re really bummed. Bummed out. Have you ever felt bummed out? Have you felt that recently? Have you been blue? Have you felt blue? Have you been down in the dumps? Right, my friend, you know, he’s down in the dumps, he had an accident recently and he broke some bones and he’s in the hospital for a whole month. He’s really bummed out. He’s down in the dumps, he’s blue. Another friend of mine, his cat died. Oh man, he’s so bummed out, right. Have you felt bummed out anytime recently? It’s not a good feeling.

But maybe worse than being bummed out is to be angry. And when you’re angry about something, wow, there are many ways in English to describe anger in slang terms. So one of those would be pissed. I’m really pissed off, right. I’m pissed off, I’m angry. Or, ticked off.

He got really ticked off when I said that to him. He got ticked off, he got pissed off. He got steamed up, you could see the steam rising from his head, right. He was just about to lose his cool. He got huffy. He got huffy and puffy, he was so angry, right. He was so pissed off, right. He was huffy and puffy. So these are different ways to describe anger in slang terms.

Now sometimes we’re not angry, we’re really scared. Something scares us, something freaks us out. Oh man, I got so freaked out when I, you know, when I opened the cupboard door and I saw a big cockroach, I got freaked out, I screamed, right, like this. So if you get freaked out about something, you got scared or maybe you’re going to do something and then it scares you and you get cold feet. Have you ever had cold feet? When you get cold feet, you’re really scared to do something. A friend of mine, he was ready to propose marriage to his girlfriend, and at the last moment, he got cold feet. He realized he wasn’t sure if he wanted to do it or not, he was biting his nails. He got cold feet, he was scared, right. He got freaked out and he didn’t propose to her. Like this. What freaks you out? What gives you cold feet? What causes you to bite your nails? Right. So those are slang terms for being scared.

Now some people don’t get scared, they just get worried about something. And when you worry about something, you sweat over it. Have you ever sweated over something recently?

Some parents sweat over their children, they worry about their children constantly, they’re always sweating over their children. They’re worried about what might happen, right. So when you sweat over something, you’re worried. When it’s really hot you sweat. So you can also sweat with worry over something.

Finally, you might be in love. You might be in love and when you’re in love we can say that you’re crazy about something. You’re in love with it. You’re head over heels in love. If you imagine your head and your heels, which are attached to your feet, being turned upside down, you’re doing somersaults, right. You’re head over heels in love. Or you’re just crazy about something, right. You’re crazy about her, she’s crazy about him, right, she’s in love with him. Head over heels in love, it’s a good feeling

اصطلاحات خیابانی که در این ویدئو موجود هستند + معنی فارسی اینجا بزنید

psyched\ pumped : خیلی هیجان زده بودن

to be beat/drained/bushed/ pooped out: یعنی به شدت خسته بودن.

to be wired: یعنی آگاه شدن. آماده بودن.

to be chilled out/ mellow: خیلی آرام و ریلکس بودن.

lounge/ take it easy: یعنی آروم باش.

to be stoked: خیلی خیلی خوشحال بودن.

to be on cloud nine: یعنی از خوشحالی زیاد رو ابرا بودن. استعاره از شادی زیاده.

to be over the moon: یعنی خوشحالیش حد نداره.

to be walking on air: استعاره از شادی زیاده.

to be bummed/down in the dumps/blue: یعنی به شدت دپرس و ناراحت بودن.

to be pissed off/ticked off /steamed up/lose his cool: یعنی به شدت عصبی بودن

to get huffy and puffy: یعنی عصبی شدن.

to be freaked out: خیلی خیلی ترسیدن

to have cold feet: از ترس یخ زدن، یخ زدن.

to bite your nails: استعاره از خیلی ترسیدن و استرس داشتن.

to sweat over something: نگران چیزی بودن.

to be crazy about something/ head over heels in love: به شدت عاشق موضوعی بودن.

امیدوارم از اصطلاحات امروز راضی بوده باشید.

موفق باشید

14 پسندیده

دمت گرم گیله مرد :pray:
این ویدیو ها تو خود اپ قرار میگیره عایا؟؟

5 پسندیده

به به, چه چیزای خوب خوبی, :writing_hand:
ممنووووووووون

3 پسندیده

سلام داداش. نه اینا قرار نمیگیرن. فقط تو تالار باید دانلود شه :grin:

خواهش میکنم موفق باشید :rose::rose::rose:

6 پسندیده

این همونه که من میخواستم :heart_eyes::grin: