مثال‌هایی از اصطلاحات عامیانه انگلیسی مدرن 💎

میشه گفت یه جورایی همون نمک پاشیدن به زخم کسی هست… اگر اشتباه نکنم

9 پسندیده

Example:
You put the plug in here, press that switch, and Bob’s your uncle! :ok_hand::relaxed:

6 پسندیده

یک مکالمه با چندتا اصطلاح عامیانه:

Doctor: Sorry you waited so long, Paul; I’ve been tied up all afternoon. What seems to be the problem this time?

Paul: Doc, my toe’s killing me . I think it’s broken.

Doctor: Hmm . . . Let’s have a look. Oh, yeah, that’s a beauty . You really did a number on that toe. How’d it happen?

Paul: I was helping my brother move. I dropped a desk on my foot.

Doctor: Well, that’s a surefire way to break some bones. Paul, didn’t I see you last year for some sprained fingers?

Paul: Yeah . . . I was trying to fix the toilet and got my hand stuck. I yanked it out, and hurt myself. I’m still trying to live that one down .

Doctor: Well, Mr. Fix-it, you’ve really outdone yourself this time. You won’t be walking with this foot for eight weeks.

Paul: That’s impossible! I have a camping trip scheduled for six weeks from now. Can’t it be healed by then?

Doctor: That’s a tall order , Paul . . . But I suppose it’s not out of the question . With a lot of rest now . . . and intensive physical therapy, you just may be back in the saddle again in six weeks. But the therapy requires a lot of work, and time . . . and specifically, following the doctor’s orders . . . Can you handle that?

Paul: Piece of cake!

Doctor: But listen, even if you are walking by then, you’ve got to take it easy during the trip. No climbing trees or jumping across streams or anything. You really need to baby this leg for a while!

Paul: Sure thing.

Doctor: Well, Paul . . . let’s get you bandaged up. We’ll have you hobbling out of here in no time. Now . . . I want you to keep an eye on the swelling in the rest of the leg and foot. And get in touch with Dr. Phillips . . . She’s the physical therapist.

Paul: Okay, Doc. Should I drop by here another day?

Doctor: Yes. We’re going to want to follow up on this in about two weeks.

Paul: I’ll schedule an appointment with the receptionist. Thanks. Bye,Doc.

Doctor: You’re welcome. And Paul, take it easy, would you?

Paul: Yes, I will. I promise.

11 پسندیده

To be tied up with something or someone: To be busy.
To be killing someone: To be very painful.
A beauty: A very good or vivid example of something; in this case, a really good example of a bad injury.
To do a number on something: To damage, destroy, or hurt something badly.
A surefire way to do something: A way that will definitely have a certain outcome or result.
To live something down: To be allowed to forget about an embarrassing situation. This is used in the negative—to never or not live something down. A common way you’ll hear this expression is the phrase “I’ll never live this down!”
To outdo yourself: To do something very well. To do better thanyou normally do. Note that this expression is often used in a sarcastic way.
A tall order: An unusually difficult request.
To be out of the question: To be impossible to accomplish.
To be back in the saddle: To return to your normal activities, especially after an illness or injury. To be back in control of your normal activities.
To handle something: To cope with or manage a situation.
To be a piece of cake: To be very easy.
To take it easy: To do things slowly and carefully, without tiring yourself.
To baby someone or something: To treat very carefully and with great sensitivity.
To keep an eye on: To watch carefully.
To get in touch with: To contact, to talk to someone.
To drop by: To visit someone.
To follow up on something: To address or check on a situation later.

این تاپیک مربوط به « My Toe Is Killing Me! » در نرم‌افزار «زبانشناس» است. : « اصطلاحات عامیانه انگلیسی »

13 پسندیده

Another mean:
to tie someone with something like a rope to prevent that person from moving.

Example
He tied up the store owner and stole the money.

6 پسندیده

You’re so welcome :pray::hibiscus::pray:

Great
You almost hit the bulesey :+1::+1:
But I think it’s a little different than the expression

Honestly I don’t know its precise equivalent

Mr @Mashreghi please come here and tell us your two Persian expressions

7 پسندیده

Present, Sir! :raised_hand:t2: (I’m getting out of control :sweat_smile:)

We cannot always say that the use of an expression in Persian is exactly like its use in English; but I suggest these ones:

• مزید بر علت شدن
  • داغ کسی [رو] زیادتر کردن/شدن
7 پسندیده

Does it have a negative connotation anyway? it’s true?

6 پسندیده

Thanks
bullseye= وسط خال
اینم الان یاد گرفتم :relaxed::ok_hand:

6 پسندیده

It’s like worsening a bad situation with another bad thing.
Is this what you mean by “negative connection”?

6 پسندیده

Yes, exactly. I mean, when I use that phrase, it means that something has upset me.

7 پسندیده

سلام بچه ها :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

این سهم امروز من تو این تاپیک :cherry_blossom::sunflower::blossom:

‌.
‌.

:blue_heart::sparkling_heart::blue_heart:

9 پسندیده

Thanks a lot my dear :heart::heart::heart::heart:

9 پسندیده

سلام، آقای فرهادی
نیازی به ناامیدی نیست؛ می‌تونی از کتاب‌های Everyday Expressions و Easy American Idiom داخل نرم افزار استفاده کنی؛ اتفاقاً خیلی هم خوبه که دوستان درباره‌ی اصطلاحات بحث کنن و همدیگه رو سوال و جواب کنن؛ حتی با خوندن بحث‌ها هم اصطلاحات رو بهتر یاد میگیری. اصلاً تاپیک برای بحث و گفت‌و گوئه؛ اگه قرار بود متن کتابها رو اینجا کپی-پیست کنیم و هیچکس هیچ چیز دیگه ای نگه، یه مقدار احمقانه به نظر می‌رسید، قبول نداری؟

10 پسندیده

آقای مشرقی :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
وا لا اگه نظر من رو بخواهی، من این چت ها و کامنت های انگلیسی بین خودمون رو بیشتر از هر چیزی تو تالار دوست دارم.
شما که جنبه فوق العاده بالایی داری و بسیار، شوخ طبع! :joy::joy::ok_hand::ok_hand:
من که روحم شاد می شه از دست بچه های تالار! :joy: یه موقع هایی اینقدر می خندم از دست کامنت های بچه ها، ازم می پرسن “تو همش داری به چی می خندی الهه؟” :joy:
مخصوصاً سوتی هایی که خودم تو کامنت های انگلیسی می دم :joy::joy:
حالا صد بار توضیح دادم ها …
شما که یه تنه، خانم ها رو حریفی ها :joy:

:yellow_heart::sunflower::yellow_heart:

9 پسندیده

Margin of error
همون احتمال خطا منظورشه؟

7 پسندیده

میزان خطای قابل قبول / میزان خطای مجاز / میزان خطایی که می شه ازش، چشم پوشی کرد …

8 پسندیده

Yes. I think every topic should have a bit of fun, otherwise it gets boring.

9 پسندیده

آهااا… ممنون عزیزم. فهمیدم :pray::ok_hand:

8 پسندیده

The headmaster handled the situation very well.
He decided to handle things himself.

This phrase has other meanings as well:

example: Always wash your hands before you handle food.

9 پسندیده