آیا من و تو هم میتونیم یک ابر قهرمان باشیم؟

There are no spoilers for any of the aformentioned movies in the post below

I just recently watched the movie Logan. What a movie. Highly recommended (no worries if you haven’t watched any of the previous X-Men or the Wolverine movies, you can still follow along pretty well).

logan

Once the movie was through, I realized that it very much so reminded me of another masterpiece: The Dark Knight.

dark knight

Not only was The Dark Knight my absolute favorite Batman movie, but dare I say also one of my all time favorite movies. I was stonished by how amazing it was, and I think I’ve rewatched it more than 5 times by now.

For me, one thing that was really fresh in the Dark Knight was the fact that it was so realistic. I was used to all these superhero movies with all sorts of effects, thunders, magics, superpowers and whatnot. And don’t get me wrong there is still enough of all of that in all of these movies. But for me the Dark Knight was a beginning.

Like probably a lot of other people, I grew up with superheros. But once I became a tad older, I gotta admit that I graviated more towards the genre of Drama and movies such as American History X.

american history x

They shared this sentiment of realism, and it felt like I no longer wanted to only indulge myself and my thoughts in the realm of pure fantasy, where there are no lies, things can be purely black and white, and finally justice will be served. Real life on the other hand may very well be full of filth, lies, and injustice.

For me, it is extremely intriguing to see that the producers of movies such as Logan and The Dark Knight swallowed the courage to make a bridge between their genre and drama by portraying more of real life stories to win over fans like me, in expense of losing fans like my brother who prefer the older shiny and fantasy-filled versions of superhero movies.

The sense of realism in Logan and The Dark Knight is very satisfying for me - to know that even the Wolverine is tired of being an X-Men and that Batman is on the cusp of giving up to his enemies.

I guess the last superhero movie that tried to disguise all the fairy tales and instead explain the roots of a character was the last Joker movie, which went even above and beyond to show us the impact of the society on Joker- a normal human being who dealt with the mental illness greatly caused by the very typical and ordinary environment that he lived in. It felt like watching a movie about someone who we make crazy and lunatic and then later on we laugh at that very person for how insane he/she is. Food for thought.

joker

Welcome to the new wave of Superhero movies…

3 پسندیده

Once I was a film junkie (but not anymore :sweat_smile:). Films like Batman were my drugs. God, I missed those days. But I must say, Logan was a little disappointing for me; I don’t care about films being more realistic (especially superhero films). And I must admit, I hated Joker. It was a real disappointment for me. Man, when I watched it, I wanted to take my eyeballs out and crush them under my feet (not joking :neutral_face:). It was the first supervillain film I had watched (I think :roll_eyes:).
I don’t watch films anymore (at least not like before), but I ache for watching new Marvel films. They’re just art. Pure art.

2 پسندیده

That is exactly how my brother thinks as well.

Haha, no, I totally get it that even though when I watched Joker I was just blown away with how good it was and I had to literally pinch myself to see if I’m dreaming or if this is indeed a real movie right before my eyes, there are people on the other side of the spectrum who don’t share the same view.

Marvel rules!

1 پسندیده