English Chit-Chat 🧑‍🎓

I… don’t know. I was never into news. Not really. I don’t follow them if I can help it. It’s mostly, if not wholly, propaganda. They don’t tell us the truth but a twisted version of it, I think. You’ve got to be clever enough to see through their lies.

I don’t watch movies much.

:roll_eyes:

Thank you. I’m pleased with you, lad. :blush:

2 پسندیده

Easy target! Do you want me dead? :triumph:

Yeah. I’m manic. :expressionless:

I love my life. So, no, thank you. :sweat_smile:

2 پسندیده

Try Kwaidan. :grin:
But anyhow how can he possibly know which movies you’ve missed?

2 پسندیده

I don’t think being smart has anything to do with following the news and recognising the lies underneath it’s layers. I know some people who claim to be smart enough to read the lies in the news. I cannot tell them but from where I’m standing they don’t look smart to me. They just want to impress others. I knew someone who once told me I can predict the political future and I’m sure the regime wouldn’t last until 1390.
Anyhow, if none of us is following the news, then who are they producing the news programs for? @boudicca what about you?

Are you serious? The trilogy of Nolan’s batman, changed the history of superhero films. You must watch it.

It’s funny. I searched about “lad”. It turns out “lad and lass” are Irish and “laddie and lassie” are Scottish. Interesting to know.

Not at all. :smile: Don’t worry anyway. Erfan is so weak which you can just stop him by a mousetrap. If it didn’t work just a simple slap would do the job. :grin:

I hate horror films. :sweat_smile:

My question wasn’t as stupid as you think. :joy: It’s the start of a back and forth conversation. He’ll name his favourite, and I’ll tell him if I watched it or not. :smile:

May I ask you a question? In the morning you sounded a little gloomy with your sad music and a meme about not having energy to be social. Are you Ok now? Did I mentally torture you enough? :innocent:

1 پسندیده

دوتا آهنگ قدیمی که احتمالاً سنشون از سن همه‌ی ما روی هم رفته بیشتره. (به جز من :expressionless:)

Dean Martin - That’s Amore 1953

The Chordettes - Mr Sandman 1954

3 پسندیده

Charles Bukowski once said, “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.” Why, I couldn’t agree more. I don’t know why but I don’t think smart people go on telling others how smart they are. They keep quiet about it, in my opinion.

My old man and his friends. Come to think of it, my whole family. My friends, too. Although, their source of information is different.

See, I’ve been meaning to watch Sherlock Holmes series for I don’t know how many years but each time I found an excuse not to do so. I’m not saying that I never watched a movie in my entire life but I guess books suit me best. I like animations, tho. Have any suggestions? And documentaries. And, um, and, and movies like The Prestige. Huh, and Now You See Me.

A nerd, aren’t ya? Yeah, it’s interesting.

I couldn’t watch it all, Kwaidan I mean, too scarry. God, even the music was terrifying. They sure know their job, those Japanese.

You got me wrong. Again. I didn’t mean that. I’m just saying you’ve got to be more specific when it comes to these sort of things. Like the time you asked me to recommend a book to you. Well, for starters, I didn’t know what kind of books you like. And only when you told me you don’t like romantic ones I figured I probably should not recommend you a book like, say, Pride and Prejudice.(It’s not good manners to ask a bookworm to recommend you just one book, by the way, it drives them crazy. I forgot to tell you so keep it in mind) Like, now you say you don’t like horror movies which is one step forward. Imagine he was a guy who only liked horror movies. So, you see, it’s good to ask questions. That’s what I’m saying.

See, like I said you can always ask me questions. You possess the ability to do so, there’s no denying that. The thing is tho, if I’m willing to answer them. So feel free. Ask your questions.

Anyhow, I’m kind of a moody person. The same stimulus triggers different reactions from me. You just need to be lucky not to be anywhere near me when I go berserk. :joy:

It’s fun talking to you.( Ask me this question when I go mad, tho :joy:)
Yeah, a lunatic. You’d better stay away from me. :blush:

1 پسندیده

Alone by Edgar Allan Poe. Thanks a million. You made my… night. :rose:

2 پسندیده

I’m not into movies or series much in general. But I’m sure if you’re a movie lover, you must’ve already watched those I watched. I’m into video games and Japanese animes, and a little Korean movies/series.

Damn I have to read all your posts/replies :fearful:

1 پسندیده

YOU GUYS ROCK! I’m laughing my ass off! Every time I come here :rofl:
LOVE YOU ALL

It gets even more funny if you know I knew it’s Irish, but until now, I was blindly thinking yeah, you are right, Scottish men with skirts :joy: I’m going to commit Harakiri :drop_of_blood:

Shit! They are so close to find out my weekness :scream:

Why am I dancing Tango with my imaginary partner in my mind?
Awesome songs! Flashed me back to my childhood :heart_eyes:

AAAAAAAAAAMMMMOOOOOOREEEEE

I’m stupid and full of doubts, then :joy:

Nice use of the word “Berserk” :clap:

I love reading books, but I’m busy enough in mind, or maybe lazy to read. Maybe one day I find a strong passion reading novels and books.

1 پسندیده

Watching series is completely different from watching a film. A film is just one single episode (usually). You don’t have to devote much time to it.

I love animations because they are artistic, at least the new ones. Have you watched the French animation The Big Bad Fox And Other Tales. It’s great. If you haven’t seen it yet, watch it with English subtitle.

About documentary, I don’t think you have watched An Idiot Abroad. It’s funny and informative at the same time.

I love feel-good films. Have you seen Green Book. I’m sure you will enjoy it. (Wasn’t that hard, was it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No. Just a normal old simpleton. :grin:

I’ve been there, and seen your moodiness. :slightly_smiling_face: (Are you in a good mood now or I’m screwed? :sweat_smile:)

Are you one of those girls how is scared of looking stupid? Maybe that’s why you cannot lower yourself to our level. Complete fools (sorry, Erfan :sweat_smile:). It’s awesome. You should try it. :grin:

I said reading novels is a waste of time, not books (and I apologised in advance; what do you want from me? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).
I like poems, reading articles, studying English books and not being bullied :slightly_smiling_face:. But I could never relate to novels. I don’t know if I’m right or wrong, but people reading novels are living in fairy tales; they are a bit strange (sorry less than two percent of population :neutral_face:).

The topic has about 200 posts. I wrote 100 of them. Don’t be such a baby. :expressionless:

Ok. I’ll keep the sword, do it whenever you’re ready. :japanese_ogre:

That still counts as being stupid :smirk:

Did you just pause between my and night?
Sister-girl, you should get out of your room sometimes, or at least look at the clock and keep the track of time. :unamused:

2 پسندیده

I don’t know if it’s right about you or not, but I had the same issue a few years ago; mentally hurt, damaged, desperate and depressed, and I was struggling with a trauma because of a massive failure in my career. However, I worked on myself to get back on track (took me a couple of years), to care less (I still care as long as others are kind to me), and behave like a crazy person. Everyone must be drunk of something to keep living.

Yesterday, I went to park, and danced all alone by myself among a field covered by grass, without caring what pedestrians think of me. “It should be me enjoying the moment” I thought.

I guess you should try to. It might not be easy at first, but no one would judge you (at least not me!). Try twisting the story with lame and crazy :crazy_face: stuff. Let your brain loose and impress others. I’m sure you’d love it.

2 پسندیده

You mean dirty jokes or just in general? So if you don’t laugh at the some jokes, they’re not for you. A lot of people watch the same comedy, but not all of them enjoy it the same amount. People are different. But basically humour is humour everywhere in the world. It doesn’t change. And it’s based on being playfully unreasonable and silly. I think when you don’t like some jokes, it means your standards are blocking your sense of humour. For example, you don’t laugh at people’s pains. You don’t laugh when someone falls. But you will laugh if they fall and laugh at the same time. You see where I’m going with this?

Novels are just stories. You can watch films and experience the same thing. A novel is a slow-motion version of a movie. You can instead just think about different situations and understand the world better. But if you say they are made of people’s different opinions, I agree, they make you think about different things. This makes you smarter; otherwise they’re just stories. What I’m trying to say is, the main factor of understanding is “thinking” itself. Novels are just tools for thinking. I agree with you and we are saying the same thing but novels are not for me. I can think by myself, I don’t need someone else to picture a story for me to think about things.

No it’s not a bad thing. I just add a little judgement to my comment as a conversational oil. :smile:

If someday we ran into each other, and I pretended I don’t even know you, don’t get upset. :joy:

2 پسندیده

You would love the film “What If…?” (Daniel Radcliffe’s). It’s made for you.

Dammit! I know a lot of dirty jokes. But I don’t have any chance to use them. :expressionless:

When I said novels are just stories, I thought you’re going to say “they are works of art as well”. Interesting answer.

Don’t judge me by my words. I really appreciate artistic works, in every forms, even novels.

Let me ask you something. Are you too polite to tell us “Please don’t make me reply too many times and don’t tag me too much? I have life?” :joy::joy: (That’s not going to happen. :neutral_face:)

1 پسندیده

Is this “too polite” now?! :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face: You know it’s not going to happen, don’t you? :rofl:

@erfansakkaki Did you even get this joke? :expressionless: You know when someone is going to commit Harakiri, he sits down and someone else stands above his head with his sword and… he realises if he explains a joke, then it’s not a joke. (Damn you, Erfan! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

2 پسندیده

:upside_down_face:

Thanks for the documentary and also the animation.

I recommend Lion to you.

Yeah. You’ve seen pretty much everything.

See y’all!

1 پسندیده

Yeah, I’m very impressed too. :unamused: What do you mean by interesting? It’s her last name. :smirk:

Thank you. I haven’t watched this film yet. But I have it in my archive. I’ll watch it. Btw, I converted the book Men Without Women to an audio file. But I haven’t started listening to it yet. God bless lazy-bones!

Are you being sarcastic? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Let me ask for advice from an expert! Erfan, would you be a dear and tell me is she being sarcastic? :neutral_face:

I had a research about “y’all” too. It turns out this phrase is from southern states of US.
Thank you Irish-Americans. :grin:

1 پسندیده

I got it in first place, was funny too, but I was too sleepy to make a reaction.

1 پسندیده

None of us here is normal here @Mashreghi1, being sarcastic, maniac or whatever is in our blood. We are a bunch of dead brains talking to each others :smile:

Btw, if you guys looking for watching Jap animes, I have some suggestions for a start that would be mind-blowing and gruesome

1 پسندیده

Have you noticed girls are avoiding us. We are the maniacs. :joy:

Like the anime “Berserk”? We have one here. :grin:

Just wanted to check. Damn you, Erfan. :neutral_face::+1:

1 پسندیده

این آهنگو حتماً همه شنیدید ولی هویجوری بازم گوش کنید.

Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits

4 پسندیده