چالش وبلاگ(Ala & her mother) ( the Chinese farmer )

And did you cried?

(نوشته باید دست کم ۲۰ نویسه داشته باشد)

3 پسندیده

What is asap?

A slang?

3 پسندیده

@ala

I agree with kambiz

4 پسندیده

Can you explain your question?

If your question is related to first text , of course not. I had done it just on that condition then every things went well. Your question takes me back to that time :slightly_smiling_face: really time flies

Why so?

Yes, as soon as possible

That’s kind of you :cherry_blossom:

4 پسندیده

You may have seen some parents that they give a reward for each good progress that they children make.
For example:If you get score A I buy you a doll.
Money has loyalty,only till it exist.
What are the bad consequences of this type of upbringing?

4 پسندیده

Yes, I don’t admit this

4 پسندیده

Cause you had filled with tears?
You didn’t let tears fall from sky :sweat_smile:

4 پسندیده

Maybe you think turn off is a verb, yes it is true. But we can use it as a noun so its meaning will be changed.

definition as a noun

something that you dislike or that you do not find interesting and maybe makes you upset

Examples:

1.This system may provide a powerful tool for adults who find computers a turn-
off yet need to learn to use them.

2.Rudeness is, for me, the ultimate turn-off.

توضیح:
شاید بگیم چرا خیلی ساده معادل این اصطلاح رو در متن استفاده نکرده ام. معادل آن یعنی دوست نداشتن، مطابق متن مشکل اخیر موردی هست که باعث ناراحت شدن شده:

تغییر جمله با معادلش:

But, going around coronavirus is the straw that broke the camel’s back that makes us upset ( or that we don’t like it)

با مقایسه ی دو جمله ترکیب a real turn off یه ترکیب زیباتری برای جمله هست.

8 پسندیده

Idiom Definition

dirt-cheap-def

“dirt cheap”

costing an extremely small amount of money

Related words and phrases :

cheap, economical, low-cost, low-priced, modest, reasonable, bargain, budget, buy, cost next to nothing, cut-rate, dime a dozen, dirt-cheap, for a song, low, marked down, nominal, reduced, steal, thrifty

Idiom Scenario 1

dirt-cheap-scen01

Two colleagues are talking …

Colleague 1 : I hear the company is going to go offshore with its production facilities.

Colleague 2 : Labor costs are dirt cheap offshore so it makes sense.

Colleague 1 : How much is labor over there?

Colleague 2 : Less than a quarter of what it is here.

Colleague 1 : Wow. That is very inexpensive.

Idiom Scenario 2

dirt-cheap-scen02

Two friends are talking …

Friend 1 : Why did you buy another cell phone? You already have two.

Friend 2 : It was dirt cheap . I couldn’t resist. It is the latest model and I picked it up for only twenty-five dollars.

Friend 1 : That is incredibly cheap. How did you manage that?

Friend 2 : An acquaintance was desperate for money and needed to sell it badly.

dirt cheap - Examples:

1. The cost of living here, to Westerners, is dirt cheap . A bottle of water is 15 cents and stuff-on-sticks is the same price

2. The cost of setting up a web site is dirt cheap nowadays. You can register a domain for less than $2.

3. … trying to find something not too expensive, but it doesn’t have to be dirt cheap either.

.این اصطلاح برای شرایطی که یک چیزی بسیار ارزان باشه بکار می رود.

7 پسندیده

9 پسندیده

کلمه ی astronomical صفتی برای توصیف معادل نجومی هست. که معمولا در مورد مسائل مالی بکار می رود. قیمت های نجومی

If you describe an amount,especially the cost of something as astronomical, you are emphasizing that it is very large indeed.

Examples:

1.Houses in the village are selling for astronomical prices.

2.The cost will be astronomical.

Synonyms: huge,great,giant, massive

8 پسندیده

Idiom Definition

download (2)

“to pay through the nose”

to pay far too much money for something

an arm and a leg, at a premium, big-ticket, costly, dear, excessive, exorbitant, extravagant, fancy, high, highway robbery, holdup, immoderate, inordinate, invaluable, lavish, out of sight, overpriced, plush, posh, pretty penny, pricey, rich, ritzy, sky-high, steep, stiff, swank, too high, uneconomical, unreasonable, upscale, valuable

Idiom Scenario 1

pay-through-the-nose-scen01

Friend 1 : I refuse to pay so much money just to get a particular brand name on a product.

Friend 2 : It is kind of crazy to pay through the nose for a product of equal value.

Friend 1 : But if you want the latest j-Phone, then you have no choice but to pay.

Idiom Scenario 2

pay-through-the-nose-scen02

Colleague 1 : Trevor forgot the printed material for the exposition he is manning the booth at.

Colleague 2 : Then we’ll ship it out to him.

Colleague 1 : But he needs it by tomorrow morning and there are twenty kilograms of materials.

Colleague 2 : Then we’ll have to send it overnight.

Colleague 1 : We’re going to pay through the nose for that.

Colleague 2 : It’ll cost a lot of money but we have no choice.

to pay through the nose - Examples:

1. … otherwise people with a family history of medical issues would pay through the nose for coverage.

2. … no parking, so the only time you can go and not pay through the nose is first thing in the morning before work.

3. Disposable jobs for disposable people. And all the while, students pay through the nose for a degree taught by one of us.

4. … get free school meals, free prescriptions etc, has to pay through the nose for childcare.

9 پسندیده

سلام خانوم نیکنام عزیز حالتون خوبه؟الاء جون چطورن؟امیدوارم شما و خونوادتون در صحت و سلامت کامل باشین

ممنون از شما که باتوجه به حال و احوال این روزا به فکر این هستین که بهتره از چه چیزهایی در چه موقعیت هایی استفاده کنیم راستش تو این روزای سخت تنها تالار میتونه حالمو خوب کنه از شدت استرسی که این روزها برای خونوادم دارم سعی میکنم سرم رو به فضای مجازی گرم کنم تا کمتر فک کنم ازتون میخوام واسم خیلی دعا کنین چون متاسفانه دو روزه ک مامانم حالش خوب نیست و خیلی نگران اوضاع پیش روهم ببخشید که تاپیکتونو شلوغ کردم فقط خواستم درد و دل کرده باشم و ازتون بخام دعا کنین برام

3 پسندیده

سلام عزیزم، ممنون از لطف تون، خدا رو شکر خوبیم.
واقعا شرایط سختی شده امیدمون تنها نگاه های آسمانی هست و تنها و مهمترین کاری که می تونیم انجام بدهیم مواظبت از هم هست. استرس تون رو کنترل کنید، سخته اما لازمه. بیشتر ورزش کنید و کارهایی که دوست دارید انجام بدید. متاسفانه نگرانی برای عزیزان حس تلخ این روزهای همه هست. بابت مادرتون هم انشالله که مساله جدی و نگران کننده ای نباشه و سلامت باشند.
ممنون بابت درد و دل تون اتفاقا کار خوبی کردید این روزها مسکن هست برای ما خانم ها، به شرطی که فقط انتقال حس آرامش باشه و نگرانی ها مضاعف نشه. امید به خدا روزها به سرعت و به خیر بگذره :rose: :rose: :rose:

5 پسندیده

خداروشکر

بله واقعا تنها امیدمون خداست امیدوارم که هوامونو داشته باشه اره واقعا مسکن استرس شده زبان و تالار ممنون بابت پیشنهادتون شما همیشه مثل یک خواهر بودین برام و باعث ارامش :rose::rose::rose:

6 پسندیده

اختلاس های ایران
Super astronomical
باید نامیده بشن :sweat_smile:

فکر نمیکنم تویه فضا به اندازه ۳۰۰۰ میلیارد ستاره وجود داشته باشه :grin:

4 پسندیده

Idiom Definition

water-under-the-bridge-def

“water under the bridge”

a past event or occurrence, often unfortunate, which cannot now be changed or undone and should therefore no longer be a source of concern

If you say that a bad experience is water under the bridge , you mean that it happened a long time ago and so you do not feel upset or worried about it now

bygones, days gone by, past, regret, times past, yesterday

Idiom Scenario 1

images (1)

Colleague 1 : Do you think my lack of advancement in the company is due to that huge error I made two years ago?

Colleague 2 : Not at all. In fact, that error that you made allowed us to actually discover some of the vulnerabilities in the system. The whole process allowed us to improve the system which made it much stronger. I really believe that any error you may have made is water under the bridge ; gone and forgotten. The lack of advancement is simply a matter of the company not growing very fast. There have simply not been that many opportunities for anyone to advance.

Idiom Scenario 2

images

Friend 1 : Do you ever wonder if you could have done things differently in your marriage so that divorce would not have been the outcome?

Friend 2 : I used to think that way. I had some serious doubts and regrets for a couple of years after my divorce but I have long since reconciled my feelings about it all. Besides, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it now. It is all water under the bridge .

water under the bridge - Examples:

1. That was four years ago and hopefully it’s all water under the bridge .

2. … without trying to solve things, or by pretending it’s water under the bridge while holding a grudge – both great ways to keep from moving past issues or …

3. Learn to live in the present. The past is water under the bridge of life. :trophy:

8 پسندیده

This is really useful for me :sweat_smile:

4 پسندیده

Thank-goodness, hopefully it will be better and useful

4 پسندیده

What does ‘Take for granted’ mean?

If you take something for granted, you don’t worry or think about it because you assume you will always have it. “”“”“”" If you take someone for granted, you don’t show your appreciation to them. “”“”“”“”“”

When to use “take for granted”

You are used to being physically safe, always having access to food, and having a partner who is nice.

Maybe you are so used to these things that you’re not really thankful for them anymore because they’re so normal for you .

These are things that you take for granted .

Examples in Conversation

download (4)

A conversation between two best friends.

• Friend 1: How is your mom doing since her fall?
  • Friend 2: Ugh, don’t ask. She has been making do all the chores around the house.
  • Friend 1: Well, you shouldn’t take her for granted . You will miss the day she isn’t around to hound you anymore about doing chores.

download

A conversation between two co-workers.

• Co-worker 1: What’s wrong Susan?
  • Co-worker 2: I feel like our boss takes me for granted . I work just as hard as everyone else does and get paid less than everyone for the same efforts.

Other Ways to Say “Take for Granted”

There are many other ways that “take for granted” can be conveyed using less figurative language, some of which include: take advantage of and you are so ungrateful.

“Take for Granted” synonyms list:

• Take it for granted
  • Take advantage of
  • Naturally
  • You are so ungrateful
  • As a matter of course
  • Be taken for granted
  • Of course
  • Be a matter of course
  • Underestimate

این اصطلاح زمان کاربرد نیاز به دقت داره. چون داره اشاره می کنه که باید چیزی قدرش رو می دونستیم ولی ندونستیم. یعنی مثلا سلامتی چیزی هست که متاسفانه takes for granted میشه. درسته جمله مثبت هست اما بار معنایی منفی داره. خلاصه مطلب: قدر داشته هاتون رو بدونید

9 پسندیده