چالش وبلاگ(Ala & her mother) ( the Chinese farmer )

Hi, my dear friends
I miss that time when everyone sneezed then people told " bless you " . Do you remember the good old days. :pensive: :mask: :sweat_smile:

9 پسندیده

Hi :raised_back_of_hand:t2:
But these they whenever someone sneezed we say :Oooh please stay away from me :worried::fearful::fearful::scream:

5 پسندیده

Hi all my dear friends,
I’m not going to get on my soapboax, our situation is a big deal and I don’t want to ask you take it easy. I know our life is changed these days. The current year which is going to finish has been weird, from day to day we have experienced a lot of things. But, going around coronavirus is the straw that broke the camel’s back that is a real turn off. The worst part is the price of health items like masks that was dirt cheap is getting astronomical and we have to pay through the nose
For being safety the health centers and doctors have recommended to stay at home but in emergency conditions. What can we do? It is water under the bridge and have to compatible with it. When I think about it I see people have realized that in the past, not long ago, they took their health for granted. They ate badly and didn’t exercise. Not just about health maybe our view to other aspects of the life has been changed like our family, friends, time and ourselves. I’m getting more thankful, because I’m healthy enough to take care of myself and my family. I can walk to go to wash my hands.
Now that we are at home beside our family; it is better no to be cutthroat and don’t let medical advice go in one ear and out the other. Even though, there are a lot to do that we run into temptation going out like hanging out with the folks. When I think of myself doing that I’m like a kid in a candy store.
Hopefully it’s going well these days

پ.ن: تصحیحات احتمالی متن و توصیف idiom ها در روزهای آتی انجام می شود

14 پسندیده

Hi and thanks for all your kindness.
More power

5 پسندیده

“to get on your soapbox”

Idiom Definition

to give a speech about something you feel strongly about, often for a long period of time and on a subject that other people may not be interested in

soapbox

Related words and phrases :

convince, declare, decry, discourse, dissertation, espouse, harangue, lecture, orate, oration, persuade, pitch, proclaim, proselytize, rail, rant, sermon, speak, speech, spiel, spout, sway, talk, get on my soapbox, get on his soapbox, get on her soapbox, get on our soapbox, get on their soapbox

Idiom Scenario

angif-get-on-your-soapbox-scen01

Pamela is attending a meeting of the parents and teachers where her son attends school. They are discussing what kind of food and beverages should be available to the students in the school. Pamela feels very strongly about healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle for young people. She also feels that it is the responsibility of the school to educate students about being healthy. As a result, when this subject is addressed, Pamela always…

gets on her soapbox

and gives a long and passionate speech about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

to get on your soapbox - Examples:

1. I get on my soapbox when I feel passionate about a subject.

2. You get on your soapbox when you speak in public.

3. He gets on his soapbox when he wants to make his point at meetings.

4. She gets on her soapbox when she is running for political office.

5. The animal rights group gets on its soapbox regularly.

6. We get on our soapboxes if we need to make a strong point.

7. You (all) get on your soapboxes when you (all) want some attention.

8. They get on their soapboxes if their way of life is challenged.

9. Excuse me while I get on my soapbox for a moment.

10. We have made amazing life friends and yeah sorry that I occasionally get on my soapbox and rant.

11. Here was a book that explained perfectly why I get on my soapbox about creativity, problem-solving and innovation.

12. I have an opinion on most subject matters and would like to get on my soapbox and offer an explanation.

13. I was speaking to a close military friend who listened to me get on my soapbox about the direction the country was headed.

14. I’m not trying to get on my soapbox , but your post evoked a response in me that needed an outlet.

15. I wanted to get on my soapbox and yell at the people.

16. Pardon me for getting on my soapbox , but I’d like to mention…

توضیح: چرا من این اصطلاح رو استفاده کردم؟
قرار بوده متنی بنویسم و جسارتا بروم روی منبر که اصطلاح خودمانی هست. در مورد وقایع اخیر و توصیه های لازم قرار بوده بنویسم که چنین احساس کردم لازمه بنویسم حتی شاید مساله مورد علاقه هم نبوده. پس هر وقت خواستیم نطقی بیان کنیم می توان از این اصطلاح استفاده کرد.

10 پسندیده

توضیح جامع این idiom در تاپیک بینظیر زیر:

در تاپیک اصطلاح معادل با کاسه صبر لبریز شدن هست. یک مورد استفاده این اصطلاح زمانی که یک سری موارد پی در پی بوجود می آید که آخرین مورد، بدترین مورد هست. اینکه من در متن استفاده کردم هم همین حکایت هست یکسری اتفاقات در سال جاری رخ داد که مورد اخیر دیگه نور عَلی نور هست.

12 پسندیده

I have questions
What are the disadvantages of this type of upbringing?
Can this make children conditional?
Do you always use this method for Ala?
(Answer if you don’t mind)

4 پسندیده

And did you cried?

(نوشته باید دست کم ۲۰ نویسه داشته باشد)

3 پسندیده

What is asap?

A slang?

3 پسندیده

@ala

I agree with kambiz

4 پسندیده

Can you explain your question?

If your question is related to first text , of course not. I had done it just on that condition then every things went well. Your question takes me back to that time :slightly_smiling_face: really time flies

Why so?

Yes, as soon as possible

That’s kind of you :cherry_blossom:

4 پسندیده

You may have seen some parents that they give a reward for each good progress that they children make.
For example:If you get score A I buy you a doll.
Money has loyalty,only till it exist.
What are the bad consequences of this type of upbringing?

4 پسندیده

Yes, I don’t admit this

4 پسندیده

Cause you had filled with tears?
You didn’t let tears fall from sky :sweat_smile:

4 پسندیده

Maybe you think turn off is a verb, yes it is true. But we can use it as a noun so its meaning will be changed.

definition as a noun

something that you dislike or that you do not find interesting and maybe makes you upset

Examples:

1.This system may provide a powerful tool for adults who find computers a turn-
off yet need to learn to use them.

2.Rudeness is, for me, the ultimate turn-off.

توضیح:
شاید بگیم چرا خیلی ساده معادل این اصطلاح رو در متن استفاده نکرده ام. معادل آن یعنی دوست نداشتن، مطابق متن مشکل اخیر موردی هست که باعث ناراحت شدن شده:

تغییر جمله با معادلش:

But, going around coronavirus is the straw that broke the camel’s back that makes us upset ( or that we don’t like it)

با مقایسه ی دو جمله ترکیب a real turn off یه ترکیب زیباتری برای جمله هست.

8 پسندیده

Idiom Definition

dirt-cheap-def

“dirt cheap”

costing an extremely small amount of money

cheap, economical, low-cost, low-priced, modest, reasonable, bargain, budget, buy, cost next to nothing, cut-rate, dime a dozen, dirt-cheap, for a song, low, marked down, nominal, reduced, steal, thrifty

Idiom Scenario 1

dirt-cheap-scen01

Two colleagues are talking …

Colleague 1 : I hear the company is going to go offshore with its production facilities.

Colleague 2 : Labor costs are dirt cheap offshore so it makes sense.

Colleague 1 : How much is labor over there?

Colleague 2 : Less than a quarter of what it is here.

Colleague 1 : Wow. That is very inexpensive.

Idiom Scenario 2

dirt-cheap-scen02

Two friends are talking …

Friend 1 : Why did you buy another cell phone? You already have two.

Friend 2 : It was dirt cheap . I couldn’t resist. It is the latest model and I picked it up for only twenty-five dollars.

Friend 1 : That is incredibly cheap. How did you manage that?

Friend 2 : An acquaintance was desperate for money and needed to sell it badly.

dirt cheap - Examples:

1. The cost of living here, to Westerners, is dirt cheap . A bottle of water is 15 cents and stuff-on-sticks is the same price

2. The cost of setting up a web site is dirt cheap nowadays. You can register a domain for less than $2.

3. … trying to find something not too expensive, but it doesn’t have to be dirt cheap either.

.این اصطلاح برای شرایطی که یک چیزی بسیار ارزان باشه بکار می رود.

7 پسندیده

9 پسندیده

کلمه ی astronomical صفتی برای توصیف معادل نجومی هست. که معمولا در مورد مسائل مالی بکار می رود. قیمت های نجومی

If you describe an amount,especially the cost of something as astronomical, you are emphasizing that it is very large indeed.

Examples:

1.Houses in the village are selling for astronomical prices.

2.The cost will be astronomical.

Synonyms: huge,great,giant, massive

8 پسندیده

Idiom Definition

download (2)

“to pay through the nose”

to pay far too much money for something

an arm and a leg, at a premium, big-ticket, costly, dear, excessive, exorbitant, extravagant, fancy, high, highway robbery, holdup, immoderate, inordinate, invaluable, lavish, out of sight, overpriced, plush, posh, pretty penny, pricey, rich, ritzy, sky-high, steep, stiff, swank, too high, uneconomical, unreasonable, upscale, valuable

Idiom Scenario 1

pay-through-the-nose-scen01

Two friends are talking …

Friend 1 : I refuse to pay so much money just to get a particular brand name on a product.

Friend 2 : It is kind of crazy to pay through the nose for a product of equal value.

Friend 1 : But if you want the latest j-Phone, then you have no choice but to pay.

Idiom Scenario 2

pay-through-the-nose-scen02

Two colleagues are talking …

Colleague 1 : Trevor forgot the printed material for the exposition he is manning the booth at.

Colleague 2 : Then we’ll ship it out to him.

Colleague 1 : But he needs it by tomorrow morning and there are twenty kilograms of materials.

Colleague 2 : Then we’ll have to send it overnight.

Colleague 1 : We’re going to pay through the nose for that.

Colleague 2 : It’ll cost a lot of money but we have no choice.

to pay through the nose - Examples:

1. … otherwise people with a family history of medical issues would pay through the nose for coverage.

2. … no parking, so the only time you can go and not pay through the nose is first thing in the morning before work.

3. Disposable jobs for disposable people. And all the while, students pay through the nose for a degree taught by one of us.

4. … get free school meals, free prescriptions etc, has to pay through the nose for childcare.

9 پسندیده

سلام خانوم نیکنام عزیز حالتون خوبه؟الاء جون چطورن؟امیدوارم شما و خونوادتون در صحت و سلامت کامل باشین

ممنون از شما که باتوجه به حال و احوال این روزا به فکر این هستین که بهتره از چه چیزهایی در چه موقعیت هایی استفاده کنیم راستش تو این روزای سخت تنها تالار میتونه حالمو خوب کنه از شدت استرسی که این روزها برای خونوادم دارم سعی میکنم سرم رو به فضای مجازی گرم کنم تا کمتر فک کنم ازتون میخوام واسم خیلی دعا کنین چون متاسفانه دو روزه ک مامانم حالش خوب نیست و خیلی نگران اوضاع پیش روهم ببخشید که تاپیکتونو شلوغ کردم فقط خواستم درد و دل کرده باشم و ازتون بخام دعا کنین برام

3 پسندیده